Delete old SEA account

Hi,

how can I delete my old SEA account so I don’t have to choose between 2 characters every time I log in to the NA server?

THX! :slight_smile:

Hey, Shuuragksh! There’s no way to delete a profile for SEA/US merge, but there is a setting to disable the two character pop up!

1. Select desired profile when logging into region
  2. Go to option menu
  3. Select Language and Region
  4. Enable “Do Not Show This Again” for Character Select on login.

If you ever want to check on the other profile or play there, just disable the setting and it should prompt again :slight_smile:

Doesn’t work long-term, sadly.

I select my main character and check “Do not show this again.” and it’s also checked at the options menu (language and region).

However, every time I change to server to EU and back to Americas, I have to select a character again - no matter what I do.

Please note that the last patches also messed with my hotkeys and settings.
The patch before the last patch deleted like 5 hotkeys (3 camera location hotkeys and the ever appearing y and z problem as I’m from Germany and the grid hotkey layout).

I stopped counting the times I had to repair (about every 2nd or 3rd patch) or even relearn (every addon) hotkeys because noone at Blizzard seems to be responsible for hotkeys.

TL;DR: Only works for the current loggin but the window appears every time I change servers from NA to EU and back to NA.

I see, Shuuragksh! Thanks for the details! There isn’t much that can be done outside of this option for the US/SEA profiles, but based on the behavior with the hotkeys vanishing too, it sounds like permissions is the cause of the issue.

It sounds bothersome to adjust each time after changing the region, especially if you do switch regions often. Checking on our end, this isn’t intended and should retain your settings even after changing the region. Could we try the following steps?

• Check the Documents/StarCraft II isn’t set to Read-Only
  • If you’re on Windows 10, check that OneDrive isn’t syncing the documents folder since this stores the settings. If it is, try unsyncing OneDrive.
  • New Admin

Hopefully this helps :slight_smile: Let us know if it continues after the region swap ^.^

1 Like

I’ll try…
Thanks for the effort!

Edit: It worked so far - AFTER I’ve taken away the read-only mode of the file where the hotkey profiles and so on are (documents folder on c:\ drive). THX!