Dear players... remember the Assimilation aura

From my experience more than half of Kerrigan Players do not use Assimilation Aura…

Assimilation Aura is a WONDERFUL ABILITY that transforms enemies into resources.

I don’t know if that was intentional or not (I don’t know 'cause some people they never reply T_T)
Any ways please use them against enemies or if you don’t want to just announce it, (its kinda like using swann and not putting Gas Drones).

Thnx.

Ps. How often do you see Kerrigan? For me its 5%

I see Kerrigan in 99.99% of the games I play.

Also, I find it depressing that allies won’t even pick up the free resources half the time.

Or use the Omega Network, even if I purposely throw them down where I don’t need it to make it better for my ally.

But yeah, poor Assimilation Aura gets forgotten about even though it can provide so much used right.

Wait, I’m not sure what you mean, but you can see only your own resource pickups. So, perhaps, the one who missed the resources might be you?

1 Like

You can see them through playbacks

Yeah, kinda sad that half of Kerrigans out there use it from 0 to 2 times during the whole match. If used properly it can give so much value both for Kerrigan herself and the ally. And it has only 96 sec cd after the upgrade!

1 Like

Simple reason for that, most players don’t know how to play their commander well. I asked one guy and he said he’d never heard of guides and just played for fun on weekly mutations (clearly expected a hard-carry this week)

You can see how much of the pickups both players have gotten in the post-game recap. Sometimes it’s a really sad difference between players.

I use the aura on auto pilot as a habit of casting abilities and I can say that i never actually needed the resources that came from it.

So some might not bother because they don’t need it. You get so much from mining that a few thousand from aura make no difference over the length of a game.

True, but the better you use it the more you can change the masteries away from resource conservation. It makes a huge difference.

1 Like

When I play Karax, nothing makes me happier than a Kerrigan ally who uses it. I can actually queue multiple things and get up and go much faster.

1 Like

With how big our community is, you can expect to meet some casual players. They’re strictly there to have fun. Play a few games every now and then, but that’s it. They have no interest in reading guides, let alone comparing efficiencies of “A vs. B”. Yes, these people do include rockslappers :frowning:

1 Like

Ow allies can make use of omega network.?
Learned something new.
Just a few days ago some random person i played with explaint to me that putting units in mengsk artillery makes it fire faster.

I find that most coop commanders are solo playing.
They could be replaced by npc and you woundt notice a difference.(execpt there skill would be consistently avarage)

@op: by the time most kerrigans use the aura:
1: i already have resourses.
2: the game is already won and we are just cleaning up.
3: My units are somewhere else.
(When my teamate got things well in hand i focus of a different target)

2 Likes

It’s fun to be casual though.

2 Likes

A good Kerrigan can throw down a Worm by the Ally’s team and the resources though too. That way they can just quickly send a unit over to snatch it all.

But yeah, I’ve made a habit of mentioning to my partner in game that they can use the Worms as well. They still never use it. :confused:

1 Like

Long cooldown on assimilation aura doesn’t help either. People use it on a bunch of cheap mineral units and when a wave of expensive units shows up it’s on cooldown or they use it when clearing bases instead of attack waves.

2 Likes

It depends. When I sped run lock and load, I depend on aura to get me the gas for my 6 nydus. In other games, I’ll use either a) when I see clumps of enemies or b) in sync with immobilization wave.

FWIW, it may muck with their “workflow”. IIRC, if you press the button for a control group while they’re still inside, they get removed from that control group and you’ll now need to reassign them there again.

In such cases (like with Karax’ Chrono Wave), you can either only use it when you’ll get high to max benefit out of it, or use it as soon as it’s off cd to get the max number of activations out of it. With Her Assim. Aura, I’ve been doing the latter. In fact, I reflexively press ‘D’, then ‘E’, and just let the game tell me it’s still on cd rather than manually checking its cd status.

However, it is a bummer to only get a few mins. I have been trying to save them for higher tiered units once we get to midgame.

I’ve done the same, especially early on. That quick first assimilation helps with resources for early macro, e.g. Omegas or hydralisk den.

Sometimes I’ll have Dehaka rockslap because I’m doing a no hero or pack leader game, but I always announce it.

More fun than normal Dehaka IMO, where the army is mostly there as a formality.