Creep builds too fast. Cost should be increased to 50 energy

Hi,
My position is stated in the title. Creep currently spreads way too fast and is too cheap currently. Would recommend increasing the energy cost to 50 and the build time per tumor by 10 seconds. I think it’s a nice mechanism to differentiate the races but it basically allows Zerg to camp safely because they can see everything coming and react perfectly. Even more so with the speed buffs creep offers, opposing forces are often deathly afraid of stepping on creep unless doing a killing push.

I don’t think the game designers thought that Zerg would have 8 Queens every game spamming tumors.

1 Like
  1. Nerf the queen.
  2. Since zergs have to make more queens to survive, whine that they have plenty of queens to inject and creep spread.
  3. Nerf inject and creep.
  4. Zergs make more queens.
6 Likes

Creep was already nerfed to spread slower in last year’s redesign patch… now tumors can’t be canceled.

If you STILL have problems with creep you are getting OUTPLAYED!!

Daddy Blizzard can’t always hold your hand.

5 Likes

The problem is your APM, creep doesn’t spread alone.

But as Protoss, you probably playing with 150-200 APM vs some 250-300 APM T/Z, and prefer whine rather than admitting that the creep spread is a consequence of the difference of APM between you and the other.

You can remove it, harass the other so he is so busy, and doesn’t have time to spread creep, but you’re probably waiting in your base massing units for your 2bases aclick all-in or your mass carriers deathball. And when you go out, “OMG the Zerg didn’t stay AFK like me, and covered the map from spread/tech/expand/drones. Better whine to nerf it, so when I’d go out to aclick there shouldn’t be any creeps”

4 Likes

your thread is too late. the “creep op” whine train allrdy left some weeks ago.

3 Likes

50? Twice as much? Are you high?

If the queen was nerfed, units other than the queen would be built for defence. Zerg would not keep building ridiculous numbers like they do now, so the creep spread would be indirectly nerfed.

My Protoss and Zerg can be compared fair equally since I don’t main either race. My Protoss APM is about 190 while my Zerg APM is about 270. Zerg inflates your APM.

1 Like

creep is fine where it is but ngl the queen is pretty op for 150 minerals and the amount of free vision zerg gets is kinda annoying

1 Like

Zerg gets an entire zone of control that:

Doesn’t cost anything to spread, only cooldown.

Doesn’t cost anything to build, only costs ENERGY (lmao) on a unit that boosts your production speed and counters all early game aggression.

Provides vision.

Increases your unit speed, therefore providing map control and a free actual combat buff to your units (since they are mostly low range or outright melee units)

Prevents the other player from building anything.

Can be created on the fly using your flying supply depot unit that, by the way, also provides free vision.

The queen should be a hero unit like the mothership given how much utility it provides, all in one convenient package that doesn’t even cost gas

They nerfed the queen repeatedly. They did the same with core protoss mechanics like the mothership core. Why is it that Terran’s orbital/mule is untouchable? Does terran have a special, protected status? Could it be the casual race of the game? GASP!