Crash on startup

I was playing sc2, finished a match and decided to quickly close it using alt+f4, the pc was really hot (heat wave) and that caused a BSOD. everything is fine with the pc, but SC2 crashes on startup with code 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 , ive tried restarting my pc, resetting ingame settings, launching 32 bit version, reinstalling sc2 to another drive, deleted my starcraft 2 folder in my doccuments, but same issue still.

it feels like an improper shutdown caused some issues that remain after a full reinstall.

Howdy Zeratul,

Based on what you described, you could try a clean reinstall of the Blizzard app:

1. Uninstall the Blizzard app
  2. Next open the temp locations and delete any Battlenet and Blizzard folders you see in each location. Press Windows Key + R and type:
    • %LOCALAPPDATA%
    • %APPDATA%
    • %TEMP%
    • %PROGRAMDATA%
  3. Finally go ahead and reinstall the app from here. Make sure you run as Admin.

If this doesn’t help, let’s get a DxDiag to see what may be happening.

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
  5. Paste the DXdiag into the post, select and highlight everything you just pasted, and hit the “preformatted text” ˂/˃ button.
It should look like this.

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link then highlight the link and press the ˂/˃ button.

A clean reinstall fixed it, thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.