Could we have a heads-up concerning Prestige balance changes?

Developer Notes: We’ll be looking to both revamp and tweak certain prestige talents, including this one, in the coming weeks.”

Could you tell us which prestige options you’re looking at? Grinding prestiges takes a lot of time and is not exactly exciting for most commanders, it would be really frustrating to spend hours on a commander just to get a different reward a week later.

It doesn’t have to be specific, just which commanders / prestiges are on the drawing board so I can omit to level them for the time being (and focus on other commanders first.) . Just to avoid needless frustration!

Would be great, thank you!

4 Likes

It would be nice, (like revamp discussions in 2017-18) but less likely given they seem to have fired their communication team.

2 Likes

Where did they state that?

patch notes from today

Thanks!

Sick Lone Wolf nerf. I’m positively surprised.

To be honest i was actually kinda glad for a lone wolf nerf from PTR to live. Even when i was wrecking with it, it was a headachey game where not even i or my ally knew or could keep track on all 8 bases of what was going on.

TBF i was trying to assault like 2-4 fronts at once with attack Tychuses and rattlesnakes on another while dive bombing splitting a Sam to go on bomber runs while making a nikara follow a ally spamming the aoe heal while a cannonball assaulted another base.

But… 90% of the ally tychuses i saw just went tychus only with it. Half of them wouldn’t even take their expos or bases. But yeah i did get a game where i was on a stock lvl 5 karax or something and the game literally was over by the time i rushed building the first stargate + fleet signal + 2 minute carrier… The game had already ended at the 13 minute mark with a lvl 8 ally. Normally i was the blitzer but yeah i could see how it felt dumb to listen to “Oh my such a slow commander, you’re lucky i’ll carry you slowpoke!” the whole game from the taunting tychus. My one is even faster than his anyways by quite some time… but… i really do anything much on the karax lol.

But yeah honestly i would like to see some changes and typo fixes and buffs to commanders with all 2-3 bad prestieges. IMO just something for say, Swann to have his prestieges buffed to be more compelling or downsides for the meh ones toned down, and Zagara’s P1 sounds neat but it shouldn’t negate 4/6 of her masteries. I’d look into making her masteries work with her p1 or adding a third row for p1 to the conflicting talent rows just for that. Or add in a third or side effect to them. Like idk. Instead of +30% zagara attack speed or energy or whatever, just have like a +30% faster spawning free banelings / scourglings prestiege, and maybe the frenzy row have a baneling/scourglings explosion radius or faster unit building time mastery for her or something.

1 Like

I had a fun game when I was leveling Solarite Celestial Karax with a Lone Wolf Tychus ally. I just focused on rushing tech and upgrading my Solar Forge and provided orbital support for Tychus. We cleared the map real quickly with a single unit walking around with lasers destroying everything around him.

This is the correct way on fast maps with good ally.

Would be nice to have some direction on what they are working on. Although given the strong out cry of everything and anything so far and their generally delayed to no response motto, I’m skeptical this would work even with a heads up.

the devs are like extremely shy and anti-social, often never telling us what they are working on or if they are even working on anything at all, so we’re lucky they even told us they gonna be releasing more changes in a couple weeks at all.

1 Like

Very nice that they will be rebalancing prestiges, some are beyond awful.

Now if they would let us choose which prestige we want to unlock…

1 Like