Could the next game destroy the current governments please?

It means, all of my grandparents and some of their parents were/are atheists. It just explains that I was raised as such.

Got to admire your persistence. Tell you what; play the campaign as a whole and experience the story in a way that it was meant to be digest and weā€™ll talk. At your fan fictions thread.

I see, thanks. Hey, could you also explain to me what the hive mind and gestalt are? I donā€™t understand half of the thing that was discussed between Gradius and the Emperor.

Thatā€™s not my fight, Iā€™ll leave the Probe or Beacon of Positivity to it.

But I think itā€™s about the difference in dependency.

One of them has one central brain, the other is ā€œdiffuseā€ all the stuff necessary for the existence of the group mind is in each member of the group mind.

The hive mind is the mental connection between all zerg organisms. They share intelligence, information, thoughts, etcā€¦ Basically, their brains are linked so theyre always on the same page about everything, to the degree that its possible given their individual capacities. A hive mind doesnā€™t necessarily quash individual personalities or beings, but it strongly reduces the possibility for internal strife.

A Gestalt meanwhile is a single entity formed from two or more individuals that is stronger than the sum of its parts. The easiest example is an Archon, as it is a combination of two Templar that is stronger than either. In this case, individuality IS suppressed, at least somewhat, because they are all pieces of the greater being and have no ability to act outside of that capacity.

1 Like

Okay, what about Internet? What are you classifying it, then?

The internet is neither. I guess conceivably it could function as a hive mind for the computers, except there is no mind there, just data. And before you ask, the Khala isnā€™t a hive mind or a gestalt either, as the protoss are not all completely connected at all times. The Khala under Amon could count as a hive mind, and in my headcanon Amon himself is a gestalt created from bits and pieces of himself that he ā€œuploadedā€ into the protoss brains, but by itself the Khala is not either of those things.

1 Like

I was actually going to ask about the Khala, but I didnā€™t want to further complicate the matter. Thanks!