[Coop] Nova Defensive Drone will cast Defensive Matrix before entry animation is complete

Nova’s Defensive Drones aren’t properly delayed from casting Defensive Matrix until their creation animation is complete. Because the unit is created instantly, it can immediately cast Defensive Matrix before its entry animation has completed, and will autocast it if there’s a valid target in range. This leads to the appearance that its placement model, which lingers for a few seconds, is casting the ability.

To prevent this bizarre visual error, Nova’s Defensive Drones should be delayed from casting Defensive Matrix until their entry animation has fully concluded, and their unit model is fully present visually on the battlefield.

Edit: The Drone’s timed life and health bar also appear before the model actually comes down. This should be fixed as well, so that its timed life begins once the model has entered.

I would argue that this is a feature more than a bug, and is intended to protect units when you cast the ability in an emergency (i.e. in the middle of a firefight where the enemy is overwhelming you or your ally).

Yes, but it looks weird. It makes no visual sense whatsoever for its placement model to be casting the ability. I think it’s too strange to be intentional design. The delay is also extremely short; only 1.5 seconds on normal speed. The animation can also be sped up if necessary, further reducing the delay.