Connecting to Blizzard Services

Starcraft II is loading it hangs on “Connecting to Blizzard Services”. Sometimes it loads the game eventually and other times it says “Can’t connect to Blizzard Services” and you have to try more times before it eventually gets through. . It is not related to the network or computer as I have the same problem when I try loading SC2 on a friend’s computer at his house. It is specific to Starcraft II and specific to the U.S. region, i understand is a know problem to specific accounts.

Hey there!

Thanks for reaching out, as it can understandably be frustrating to have connection troubles disrupt your gaming time. Since there are many potential causes to connection issues, if you haven’t already, be sure try these troubleshooting steps to narrow it down and hopefully fix the underlying problem.

If those steps have no impact, let’s go ahead and have you run a ‘WinMTR’ network test while the problem occurs so that we can further investigate potential network-related issues between your computer and the game server. Here are the instructions:

1. Download the tool from this page
  2. Enter the game IP into the “host” field. The IP address for our games are listed on the WinMTR instructions page
  3. Start the test and try to load into StarCraft II. Make sure the error occurs while the test is running, even if you have to log out and back in to reproduce the error.
  4. After recording data for about 5 minutes, click Stop then click “export text” and save the WinMTR file in an easy to find location.
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the WinMTR. It’ll look like this:
WinMTR goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.