Compiled 10th Anniversary Achievements Tips / Issues / Bugs

Details in the post above. Check for the 3rd criteria.

There definitely is. Bliz would just need to recode the trigger to exclude the three bonus structures. If they do, they also need to modify the achievement text to say ‘no enemy units or structures’.

As for the in-game kill counter, yeah, it doesn’t seem to count the bounus structures.

@dasvik, lol it’s annoying when someone is talking nonsense while thinking he knows it, and trying to correct someone who actually knows better.

User Sprite is completely right, while you are wrong.

ONLY in WOL (And of course Nova Covert Ops too, since there are no campaign path choices) the Archives have exactly the same tech you had when playing through the campaign. However in HOTS and LOTV, when you launch missions via MA you get ALL the tech types you could possibly individually have depending on different playthroughs. This is why, as just one example, in HOTS Kerrigan is already a primal queen of blades in BOTH Kaldir and Korhal missions IF you play the missions via MA.

Likewise, when you play Conviction in HOTS via MA, you get ALL tech you could possibly have at that point, including highest possible Kerrigan levels (at that point of the campaign) AND the new units (infestors & ultralisks) from the Skygeirr missions. So yeah, like Sprite said, if you play Conviction via Master Archives, then there is no problem since you do have infestors no matter how you played the campaign.

EDIT add:
See, I just had it like this myself. Last time I played HOTS from the beginning, I went to space missions before Skygeirr missions thus not having infestors in Conviction. However, when doing these anniversary achivements these days, I’ve been playing via MA, and so I had infestors in Conviction (and did this achivement with parasited terran units) even though the space missions were, indeed, before Skygeirr missions in the mission list.

The same mechanism indeed applies to LOTV missions too; for example you always have sentries in BOTH Korhal & Shakuras missions when you launch missions via MA.
(There is an unfixed bug though which causes a mess at the end of LOTV, causing one [well at least me] not having the 3rd unit type in a category entirely correctly during Slayn/Endion/Revanscar missions but that’s a whole another story…)

I too have problems with “Disintegration Doctrine”.

1 Like

I re-did the mission even though I knew I killed those two entity spawners at the start just in case. I saved the game right before engaging the final 5 structures, checked fog of war–nothing there. Re loaded my save and killed Duran and still no achievement popped =(

I make it too, but did’nt get achivment.

Are you guys doing it within the time limit? You have to do it in under 28 minutes. I got it no problem.

If you click the link in the Kyrie’s list, you’d see from my original post I did the mission in about 25:30. Now it really seems I’m not the only one having this issue.

One thing I came to think about: I started the mission on hard, then when seeing I’m not going to make it in 28 min my first try, I restarted on normal. I wonder if restarting from mid-mission would somehow break it?? Now on another day I might try again, this time restarting from MA instead from mission itself. Will see if it was that… :confused:

Hey again Kyrie!

I just played through Gates of Hell.

1. I built everything the achievement said I could, except Medics:
  • Many SCVs
  • Several Medivacs
  • A Hercules
  • Several Science Vessels
  • 8 Merc calldowns
  • (Couldn’t make a Raven due to it being a research choice with the Science Vessel)
  1. I built a bunch of base structures.
    (Just for reference: a Refinery, several Missile Turrets, two Armories, an Engineering Bay, a Tech Reactor on the Starport.)

2. I also:

• Called down a bunch of Mules
  • I laid all available Spider Mines
  • Fired 2 Seeker Missiles (from the rescued Raven)

… and

So base structures, Mules, Spider Mines and Seeker Missiles are all definitely allowed.

Either, a) Medics were intended but are missing from the trigger, or b) Medics were not intended but were accidentally included in the achievement text.

3 Likes

Thanks for highlighting this. I have personally tested this going through 2 rounds of the missions to detail the ‘bug’. Details in the post above.

[UPDATE] This problem only occurs if you are doing your regular play through. If you are targeting missions using the Master Archives that is open to you at the end of the campaign (not to be confused with the Mission Archives in game), then you should be able to obtain Infestors in the mission play through.

Hmm, I have just personally tested and confirmed that the archives for HotS saves your last played arc choices (and therefore unlocked units that will be available to you if you were to replay them). I have attempted to visit Dominion Space before Skygeirr Station and it does not spawn Infestors for me for the entire mission. And this is coming from someone who has cleared the missions multiple times (I’ve completed almost all achievements possible, except for Coop’s).

Though I would still want to leave this matter open and will welcome more testers to confirm what is the root cause of this if you both don’t mind. :slight_smile:

[UPDATE] Confirmed that this deals with a regular play through only. If using Master Archives, then it is not an issue anymore.

My experience mirrors Ssorg. In spite of playing HotS in an almost linear way, when using MA, Primal Kerrigan is available for me to use in earlier missions, on top of her being fairly well leveled.

1 Like

Be sure to play through the Master Archives, not the in-game Archive on the Leviathan.

@Kyrie, if you don’t have infestors in Conviction when playing via Master Archives then that must be a genuine bug you’ve got there. What I said about MA mechanism is how it’s always been ever since release of both HOTS & LOTV. Sure, like we all do know, bugs can happen to various people.

Kyrie, did you read my EDIT add, where I described how I just HAD infestors in Conviction (Master Archives) despite playing space missions before Skygeirr? Also, please go and launch Kaldir and/or Korhal missions via Master Archives - do you have mutalisks in both, also on the world you went before going to Zerus? If (and when I’d guess) you do have mutalisks even on a world you went before going to Zerus, you see how it works - and why it must be a bug if you don’t get infestors in Conviction. Also, ultralisks should spawn right at the last battle in Conviction when playing via MA.

EDIT: like Leviathan said, this indeed is about MASTER archives, not archives you can access during campaign playthrough.

1 Like

Thanks for highlighting. I am assuming that you all have already checked the above post for the few criteria to review your game. :slight_smile:

It is definitely disturbing because it is not just 1-2 cases but I noticed that there have been multiple reports regarding this. Unfortunately, unless we have more extensive testing, it might be difficult to spot what is the root problem (which is the most troublesome part of troubleshooting).

At the moment, the only thing I can think of is to consider re-doing the mission (preferably rebooting your computer as well) just to make sure that all possible “issues” are taken care of.

I personally failed the first round (I forgot the 28 min timer) and redid it the 2nd time to obtain the achievement.

An area that we can possibly test is whether we need to clear the sky fleets at 1 and 11 o’clock. I can’t remember (and I might be wrong on this) but all input is welcomed.

This is a good thought, but I highly doubt it makes a difference since people will be restarting for many of the missions when they ‘fail’.

For sure! Thanks for the replies!
I did notice something interesting though. When I went on to “Amon’s Fall” to get that achievement, I completed the mission without having morphed a spire but did not receive the achievement; however, there was a notice saying that I was using cheats even though I had loaded a different save file from when I was testing for structures on “Into the Void.” I restarted sc2, redid the mission–17 minutes later and I get the achievement. Not sure what happened there since I thought that reloading a save file prior to using cheats would still allow you to get achievements. In fact this might be why I’m not getting the structure achievement =ooo

Oh just as a side:

:slight_smile:
Thanks for doing all this by the way!

Well spotted. I thought all archives are the same haha.

I will be honest that I don’t read edits because there are just too many posts to keep re-reading again.

But Leviathan brought up a good point which is that there are 2 different archives - Master & Mission. The former is the one you access via the campaign menu, and the other is via in-game campaign. I have always thought they are both the same, but I learnt something new today.

I have updated the post at the top since I think this is the most probable solution for doing the mission and ensuring that Infestors will spawn. Having the lack of Infestors during the mission because someone is running from scratch (and selected the wrong story arc) is still a possibility, but a rare one at that. :slight_smile:

There is much regarding cheats, saved files and achievements that have yet to be tested haha. So a lot of these are hypothesis until we can get 1-2 people to confirm the issue. Keep testing then tag me in a reply here when you can replicate the issue. :slight_smile:

Don’t forget Medivacs in the achievement text.

I suspect that’s what you meant when you wrote Medics twice. :slight_smile:

Nah, it was what my auto correct meant hahaha.

1 Like