Compiled 10th Anniversary Achievements Tips / Issues / Bugs

well look closer he failed few times and in description you got timings for next time of well played part, it bugged but viable. And you saw his fails also to learn, eggs can’t hatch, this is main bug where them counted as training units, bug or not it always less timer to 8h normal run :slight_smile:

Just kill the second egg too. This was happening to me and I just focused it right after the broodlings were dead and shift+attacked the data core to finish killing that. The destruction of the second core is delayed but it still dies before the third core so everything works out.

~https://i.imgur.com/GqLijzf.png

Thanks everyone in this thread for all the pointers, finally got the achievement today.

Kills with mines are absolutely easier on hard, with 1 gas stolen I got around 240 mine kills with laying mines after a waves spawned.

Hi there,
About Disintegration Doctrine
I think it really is that part:
It is possible that the trigger for achievement needs to be checked again so try to kill another unit in the moments after you killed Narud. (Test this first, most likely theory.)

I had no luck doing, so I checked map in editor, and the trigger for this achievement is “Any unit dies”. Probably Narud is not a unit, so the conditions are not checked upon his death. What I tried was I destroyed all structures but I left plenty of units (with time freeze) in the 1’ area. I destroyed structures before Narud but didn’t attacked him and left that to allies and moves all army to the area with enemy units and just when Narud was about to die I attacked those unit to increase chance to kill some between the short sequence of Narud’s death and mission ending.

And I got the achievement with this.

I played this for 45min, killed literally everything. Had to start killing the evacuees so the mission wouldnt finish too soon, things got real messy. Wish i had let the mission finish sooner or come here first.

Just got Disintegration Doctrine. I quicksaved at around 26 Minutes and tried around a bit. It seemed most of the time i killed Narud too fast. I let him to the NPCs and killed other stuff in the meantime and got it. Maybe its intended that Narud spawns anything during the encounter and thats why carriers are too fast. Also, like Honza mentioned before, I tried to have some kills as late as possible. I think I killed a Raven in the moment Narud died.
Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Modified the first post since there are more reports relating to this matter. No point having a lengthier one with too many difference scenarios. Will leave it as such until proven via map editor (somehow) or with a more concrete report on when the unit should be killed.

It would also appear Nova is bugged - at least on darken the skies when using the darkblade gun whenever using Q she drops her weapon and take off her armor, she can still use abilities just loses her auto attack and armor benefits.

1 Like

Indeed. There’s quite a few reports of that sprinkled around.

Had the same on Darken the Skies.
I had another issue with Nova achievements on Endgame. I finished in 20:11 but didnt got the credit. Then I treif again and finished in 16:xx and got it. Dont know if this was mentioned before, but I guess u have to finish in less then 20 instead…

I didn’t have problems with Endgame mission achievements.
However in many missions the “timer” keeps running few more seconds after you finish the main objective so you need to keep that in mind and try to finish like 5 seconds before the required time.

I believe the achievement doesn’t trigger until you kill the last enemy after destroying the Xanthos.

Yeah, I did that achievement - the 10th anniversary one for “End Game” - but on my first attempt, I was sooo pissed, hahaha… It was past 20:20 and I was beelining through the Xanthos wreckage to reach the antagonist… the score screen at the end said my total time was 21:04 and I just could not get it down below 21:00 merely by reloading the last autosave.

I had to reload an earlier autosave and shave off a few seconds. It was actually kind of funny.

I managed to do this a slightly different way, and it only took me a few tries rather than 3 hours that some youtube videos are saying. The timing is a bit tighter, but the micro is less intensive.

The point is to get infantry weapons level 1. You can do this because in the current runs, medivac D is idling in your base for a while. My run is similar to this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlusK0jW7Oo except that:

• at the start:
    • build just 1 medivac
    • 1 SCV build an engineering bay, shift-click to minerals
    • 2 SCVs on gas
    • 2 SCVs on minerals
  • when you get 2 free medivacs, send 1 of these to follow medivac A that is moving west
  • when eng bay finishes, start weapons 1. this will finish around 2:20, helping you with data core #2 and #3
  • when you get to 85 gas again, move 1 SCV from gas to minerals
  • when you get enough resources 100/100, build a 2nd medivac and rally it to data core #1 (1:18 game time)
  • you are aiming to kill data core #1 just after you drop off at data core #2. If you do this before, the dialog between Jim & Sarah will delay you rescuing the mercs at data core #2.
  • everything else is pretty much the same

In my experience, on data core #2 you have enough DPS to kill the enemy units then the egg, and egg #2 is also no problem. Just be sure to stim the correct amount (not too fast, you’ll waste it, and not too slow). I finished around 3:29, muta spawns at 3:33.

edit: Actually, ignore me. I just realised the timings here are 35 + 170 not 25 + 114 like in LOTV. So the upgrades will only finish around 3:30, not enough to affect the mission. I did it anyway, but turns out it was a bit pointless, lol.

So I found a very easy way to do “Warp incomplete” on fastest speed, no real micro needed, might even work on harder levels (didn’t try). Have Artanis dash and kill the reapers attacking Kerrigan to not have units following her. Move Kerrigan where the zealots will warp in while leaving Artanis behind to pull agro. Spawn banelings under the area where the zealots will start to warp in. After clearing first zealots you should have 3 banes left over for the second wave of zealots but just in case use kinetic blast on one. Once the cooldown is expired, spawn banelings at the area where the colossi will warp in and they will insta kill the colossi.
For the second part I also suggest that for " Curiosity Killed the Zergling" lay the mines directly at the entrance of the zerg base, makes it easier to get the achievement and dont have be on the lookout for what path the zerg takes. Hope this helps.

can confirm, I also used mules and they were fine

Hey all,

A patch just rolled and there have been some fixes:

• Contract Saviors - Now only counts units trained by the player.
  • Band of Brother - Medics can now be trained.
  • Annihilation Now - No longer requires all enemy forces, just Structures.
  • Expert Phase-Smith, Perfect Templar - Interceptors no longer fail the achievement. EDIT - It appears that doing the bonus objective will fail the achievement.
  • Warp Incomplete - The warp ins at the end of Phase 1 will no longer fail the achievement.
  • Thanks for the Advice - The bonus structures won’t fail the achievement.

Not named in the Patch Notes:

• Disintegration Doctrine
  • Big Spear Diplomacy

None of achievement description rewording suggestions were put in.

band of brothers also seems to have new triggers, allowing for production of medics, mines, and auto turrets.

ah damn just when I find an easy way to do Warp Incomplete