Community Update - March 12, 2019

Greetings!

After an epic final and an emotional championship ceremony at IEM Katowice, we got to witness soO take home a championship win! It was an uphill battle as he started the series being down 0–2, but in the end, he pulled it off and came through with a victory. Congratulations to soO!

Speaking of IEM, we saw a lot of cool strategies employed throughout the tournament, including Gumiho’s Battle Mech, as well as the subject of our first discussion topic: Nydus Worms.

Nydus Network/Nydus Worm

• Nydus Worms will now have 3 armor instead of 5 armor when emerging.

While we love seeing some of the new strategies involving the Nydus Worm in action, we feel it can sometimes take too much of a commitment to stop a Worm from emerging even if the defender spots it right away. To help remedy this, we’re reducing the Nydus Worms’ armor while they emerge to give small groups of basic units—like Zerglings, Zealots, and Marines—an easier time taking them out, provided they discover them within a reasonable time frame. At the same time, we’d still like to keep some of its bonus armor intact to preserve its resilience against worker pulls.

Forge/Cybernetics Core

• Level 1 upgrade times increased by 15 seconds.
  • Level 2 upgrade times increased by 18 seconds.
  • Level 3 upgrade times increased by 22 seconds.

Over the past few months, we’ve been following discussions within the community surrounding the TvP matchup, much of it centered around Protoss’s ability to build an upgrade advantage over Terran. To address this, we’d like to reduce the windows in which Protoss are able to gain that advantage over Terran by increasing the Protoss upgrade durations. As upgrades have historically been particularly impactful, we’ll be keeping a close eye on this change.

Our current plan is to release these changes to live servers on Monday, March 25. However, in order to give players ample practice time, these changes will be available for testing on the Testing tab and the Balance Test mod starting today. As always, let us know your thoughts!

;>.>
Ummm… You sure you didnt want to make new one?

This is ancient.

2 Likes

Looks like a joke to see it here.

1 Like

I second this. It is getting time for a new update. The way GSL has been going, a response would be nice.

1 Like

Yay! Blizzard is still responsive!

We could just wait for GSL Code S Season 2 to be over first.

Here I left the suggestions of one of my balance mods: Community Test Mod - Omega

GENERAL:
-All Mineral Fields have 1500 of minerals and the Vespene Geysers have 2500 of gas
-The attribute “Light” in the Workers is replaced with the attribute “Reinforced”
-Adept deals 22 of damage against Reinforced units
-Phoenix deals 10 of damage against Reinforced units
-Raven “Auto-Turret” deals 13 of damage against Reinforced units
-Hellion deals 14 of damage against Reinforced units
-Infernal Pre-igniter upgrade increases damage of Hellion and Hellbat vs Reinforced
-Ghost deals 20 of damage against Reinforced units
-Baneling deals 16 of damage against Reinforced units

PROTOSS:
-Accumulative Chrono Boost: using Chrono Boost on a structure that still has it extends its duration
-High Templar “Psi Storm” speed damage is 10% slower: from 2.855 to 3.14 seconds

TERRAN:
-Added “Research Optical Magnification” upgrade to Ghost Academy
-Optical Magnification increases attack range of Ghost by 1
-Battlecruiser “Tactical Jump” takes longer to finish the teleportation
-Supply Depot “Lower” and “Raise” commands have been separated into two distinct keys
-Raven has Supervision Mode ability: Raven gains 25% wider vision but loses the ability to move
-Raven “Build Auto-Turret” ability range increased to 3

ZERG:
-Infestor has a weapon that can attack ground units
-Swarm Host has a weapon that can attack ground units
-Viper has a weapon that can attack ground and air units

I made a video to see the changes:
https://youtu.be/RbKmbdsVd_w

There is also the excel file with all the details of my mods:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Dnv978AJBNbjYyRGpKeEVockk

1 Like

This for next year??

They just posted this to get all the balance nutz riled up. I laughed hard and pointed.

2 Likes

Yeah, after months waiting for some community feedback updates, we get the blues posting an old thread from the old forums. Its been 2 and a half, nearly three months since we had a community feedback update. Come on guys…

1 Like

This. It’s true and sad.

I honestly think they will wait until the currrent GSL Code S season 2 is over before making any balance update comments.

Honestly they should have rolled out with balance changes before season 2 started TBH. Everyone knew protoss was in a favorable spot in both matchups before the 2nd GSL started, and the results just confirmed it.

1 Like