Community Update - July 16, 2019

while original Starcraft , Zerg does NOT have roach.
roach is very good army and good counter for zealot.

if Blizzard delete roach , Charge Impact damage should be 0 ,
Beacuse Zerg does not have good counter for zealot in early game like original Starcraft.

if Blizzard does not delete roach , we should not change zealot vs zergling/roach balance imo.

3 Likes

Why can’t you nerf bcs ? Like for real . Bcs are so stupid . How can a tier 3 unit just transport into your base without scan or anything ? We’re the developers on crack when they made this ? And why the hell has no one addressed how op this is ?

6 Likes

Nydus spam? How’s that? 50/50 is a joke. Plus overlord drop is already so effective. Look at how scarlett use mass drop overlords either to attack multiple places or just to deceive the opponent. And let’s be honest, it doesn’t take a lot of micro to do this. What’s the point of adding a lightning speed transportation mechanics to the game? Just in order to make the protoss player feel even more disgusting?

3 Likes

You can’t even stop the nydus network when you see it but have no warp in cool down. How do you deal with that? Always keep an immortal at your production area and pay attention to it constantly since opening fourth base until the end of the game? Man you are going to have some mental issues after doing this for a couple of times. See? It’s not protoss like to do 2 base or 3 base pvz all in, it’s because the zerg has so many map control and distraction options which are very cost effective. If the protoss actively sets the game to the late stages, it’s like automatically give the advantage away and wait to die. It’s a suicide mission. And now the zerg players want the all in timings be pushed back even more. You can’t defend protoss all in? Look at where your overlords are, where your zerglings are, where your queens and creep tumors are. These cheap scout options give the zerg so many options of map vision from 4:00 until the end of the game. The current mechanics is just bad, and the balance team is targeting to a wrong direction.

6 Likes

who plays all the test map? on eu there are not many.
Instead of crying about balance you should play the test maps that people get feedback about how much the changes have an impact. just play 2-3 games and then back to ranked games.

1 Like

please nerf terran, terran is right now by far the strongest of all races

hellion:
damage redesigned. first target in line of fire takes double the damage, second in line takes normal damage, third and so on takes 1/4 of the damage

hellbat:
hellions can no longer transform into hellbats. hellbats now cost 100/25

thors:
anti-air attack weapon range reduced to 7

siege tanks:
cost increased by 50/50 and now costs 4 supply

widow mines:
aoe damage is now a fixed 25

stim pack:
upgrade cost increased to 250/250 to reflect the strength of the upgrade

2 Likes

Dude, that is a pointless bevy of nerfs, taking away the main strength of many units.

1 Like

Why bother buffing the range of feedback, we should have AoE feedback so it can be used by the same low level of skill that use Fungal and EMPs

Because it’s impossible to find a test game.

2 Likes

I’ve been wondering about the carriers, I don’t think making interceptors build 2 sec faster will make any real difference on its own, that’s still really slow (they used to build in 6 seconds), not to mention how expensive carriers are to field.
Maybe try going another way? They’ve been fiddlings with interceptor cost multiple times in the past.
Compared to when carriers were the strongest, nowadays they release interceptors slower, and replenish them slower, what about making interceptors a tad cheaper again in addition to having them build in 9 secs, lowering them down to 10 minerals?

2 Likes

The fighting-level of the Carrier is such that their Supply should be dropped to 5 and Void’s to 3.

This seems to be going way overboard.

So you are making stim terran pushes arriving 20 second earlies, thus making it much harder to defend as a toss or zerg, and you are also nerfing one of the core protoss units to the dirt?
Zealots will be useless again, they will get kited to the end of the world, and protoss has no way of defending against even earlier terran pushes…

And trying to fix late game PvZ with a minor interceptor buff? come on…

Honestly both terran and toss needs buff in lategame, as they are not that strong at the moment.

2 Likes

Naah, Chargelots will still be used a lot as they’re pretty much the only unit which can do effectivelly something Protoss often needs: bodyblock and damage sponge for the more important units, such as Templars and Immortals. Plus, they’re the only mineral-only combat unit Protoss has, so spending-wise they’re still perfect to pair up with Templar production. Despite the numerous changes in LotV, Protoss army still works like it did in WoL and HotS: expensive damage dealers paired with heap of low-DPS Gateway units whose purpose is to keep enemy units away from those important damage dealers. That synergy is not so obvious as before, however, as Immortal has replaced Colossus as a damage dealer, a unit which has single target attack but is much more durable than Colossus both due to Barrier ability and the fact that it can’t be attacked by anti air attacks.

What’s funny to me is that in LotV Blizzard has been trying to, if only a little bit, shift the power of Protoss from splash damage to Gateway units, which can be evidenced in the changes to Colossus attack (large nerf to DPS against non-Light and minor buff to DPS vs Light units), and introduction and numerous changes to Disruptor, an introduction of Adept, buffs to Charge and changes to Stalker, something many players should’ve appreciated as people were whining and whining and whining and whining and whining AND WHINING about Colossus deathballs. Yet, every single attempt has been nerfed - again, due to the massive whine, mostly from Terran players - to the point of wondering if there’s any difference now compared to the situation in WoL and HotS, if you look at Protoss only (so not considering WoL Broodfestor and so on). Adepts have been nerfed multiple times so that you don’t see them outside of harass and few timing attacks, Stalker change has been scaled back to the point of having a miniscule difference in damage, and now Charge is about to be reverted to dealing 0 damage and will only retain cheaper price and guaranteed hit. Not to mention, other races progressively got more and more tools to more effectively combat Protoss armies, with Liberators (LotV) and Vipers (HotS, improved in LotV) just two examples.

4 Likes

Zealots had 0 damage charge for many years and Protoss was fine with them.

exactly, the role of the zealot is to be a tank / body blocker as Aurioch said. It has the highest effective health (150), starts with + 1 armor, is fast with 4.30 movement speed after charge upgrade.

But what most people don’t know it has higher sheet dps than the adrenal gland zergling sand a stimmed marine without charge. Most people are using this all around tanky, high dps, fast, unit as the ultimate harrass unit in the lategame. To give you some perspective 10 chargelots can kill a PF with 8 surviving without micro. 8 chargelots can kill a PF with 6 remaining with micro. I am not accounting for upgrade or repair. Equal number of fully upgraded zerglings or marines cannot do this.

But I do agree that blizz should’ve gave protoss an alternative buff this patch, by shifting the power to either the adept, carrier, or void ray

Unit and economy landscape was vastly different in WoL and HotS compared to LotV, so saying that “Zealots had 0 damage Charge before and were fine, so therefore they will be fine now” is disingenuous.

Now this is biased perspective truly worth of Terran Cry Force.

Let me fix it a little bit:

• 10 3/3/0 Chargelots can indeed take down unrepaired, unupgraded Planetary Fortress with only 2 Chargelots lost, though it really depends on which Chargelot PF targets next as it is possible to kill 3rd one before it’s destroyed.
  • 20 3/3 Marines with Combat Shields can take down unupgraded PF with 10 Marines remaining.
  • Same setup as previous point (20 Marines with CS), but this time with Stim as well. 11 Marines survive, though it depends on the AI from both sides.
  • Same setup as above (20 Marines with Stim and CS), but with basic presplit to minimize Marines tripping over each other. Splitting in 3 groups of 7-6-7 then a-moving results in 14 to 15 Marines surviving.
  • 40 3/3 Zerglings with Metabolic Boost and Adrenal Glands agains unupgraded, unrepaired PF. Result is 26 Lings surviving due to many Lings being unable to attack.
  • In fact, dropping the number from 40 to 30 also results in PF being destroyed, with 12 Lings surviving.

Conclusion? While Zealot has the slight edge over Marines and Zerglings as a harassing tool in a vacuum, when you use equal supply (which is, in this case, also equal cost), it’s not skewed as you’ve presented. In reality, PF will never be unattended if such an attack happens, and Marines will always have at least a couple of Medivacs with them.

5 Likes

It is not biased please reread my post I did not include weapon or armor upgrades. I just used basic upgrades like charge and stim / combat shields. I also used equal supply/cost of marines and zealots. Maybe I didn’t state it clearly.

In the editor stim- combat shields rines with EQUAL supply of 1000mins (20 marines) die to PF @ 13 secs w/o micro .
3/3 marines kill PF @ 12 secs w.o micro- 9 survive
Chargelots KILL a PF with only charge upgrade @ 13 secs. w/o micro
3/3 zealots survive @11 secs kill PF
zealots KILL a PF with no upgrades or charge with 4 zealots remaining.

I am not being biased I am showing 0/0 marines. How is this skewed? What I am comparing is what blizzard has said of the easiness of controlling zealots. Without micro zealots can easily kill a PF with 0/0 upgrades. This Harassment comes online once charge is available regardless of upgrades. This harassment requires no gas investment unlike what you proposed that marines need a medivac. This is not a cryforce it is just supporting what blizzard has said. My point is w/o micro protoss can just A move a PF with 3/3 chargelots. This type of harassment requires no attention or micro once basic attack move to PF and that this type of harassment comes online earlier because zealots can kill a PF @ 0/0 while marines require 2/2 to kill a PF.

This is such a terrible analysis

Of course a single zealot has more DPS than a single zergling and a single marine. It costs 4x as much as a zergling and 2x as much as marine.

you can get 4 zerglings for the cost of a zealot, and 4 zerglings WITHOUT adrenal gland have 40 dps compared to a zealots 19. 4 adrenal gland lings have like a combined 50 DPS

An unstimmed marine has 10 DPS while being ranged. So the two marines you get for a single zealot have higher DPS than the single zealot. Two stimmed marines do a combined 30 DPS, which is 50% more DPS than a single zealot while being ranged (and can attack air of course

The zealot does excel in terms durability compared to the zergling and marine, which fits its role as a tank for Protoss.

Zealots are vastly overrated by its detractors. The DPS is nothing to write home about compared to Marines and Lings and it fulfills its role as a meatshield. It is not an all around juggernaut like people like yourself are making it out to be.

4 Likes

That would be before the years of nerfs to other protoss units?

1 Like

Each race has had so many nerfs before that.

The only changes that I think are right is the warp prism cost (range is ok), the chargelot damage remotion and the infestor bug.

I do think that stim research time should not be changed.