Community Update - July 16, 2019

TJ is the problem, everyone knows this.

2 Likes

I totally agree… Balance team should give to Protoss SOMETHING to let it run effective and matched battle in a late game against Zerg.

4 Likes

If those changes are released in the middle of the season(like Upgrade nerf) it will Fck with build orders, but thing is, this nerf will not change sht regarding zealot all-in and strength of an army. The only thing that this nerf affect is Protoss ability to defend himself from harassment and all-ins.

Protoss Zealot all-ins rely on numbers, getting close fast, the stun from charge and enemy being unaware of your actions, those removing damage do weekend zealots all-in.

In Standard engagement, around 50% of zealots die before they even get close and next 20% to 40% after the first 1-2 hits. Those you have them as a Meatshield and stunner, rather than a damage dealer.

Defending, against all-ins and heavy harassment of Terran and Zerg, rely on charge damage to weaken the opponent army so Adept, Stalkers or T2 unit’s can deal with enemy easier.

Those if this nerf happened Protoss will All-in even more because defending against Terran and Zerg timings will be even more impossible as it is now.

2 Likes

This is a ridiculous idea… Being a balance team is akin to being the president of an ungrateful country of people who definitely do not know what they are talking about.

Chargelots are very strong for 100 minerals and it is not like they ever seem to be underpowered in PvZ or PvT but there are situations where they are very strong and inexpensive. I think the current buff to Carriers will make up for this (if that is even required at all).

I’d rather see an improvement to the collosus to make it less a-movey and more useful in PvZ.

2 Likes

LotV’s colossus already has +10% attack speed, for unchanged damage against light (but -5 vs armored), and +1 base range. Which means, against hydras (or marines), it is already stronger than Hot’s, which was deemed too strong by the devs of that period. Those buffs were made considering Lotv’s hydras were more powerful having received +10 HP, +1->+2 range on their upgrade, and a permanent speed boost (whereas the previous one was only offcreep).

But marines didn’t receive any of those buffs, and weren’t exactly fairing well against colossus. Making it any stronger against hydras would break even more its relationship to marines.

look blizzard, if you are gonna nerf Protoss’s all-in fine… but give the toss population something in the late game to compete with Zerg’s massive late game please? Cuz as it stands right now, toss is auto lost when reach late game evenly with the zerg. let alone with the nerf toss will be receiving soon~

2 Likes

if you think about it it doesn’t make any sense to build marines vs Colossus
(it wouldn’t change anything)

the problem of hots colossus was it was also really powerful vs marauders and there where no liberators or buffed tanks to counter compared to now
while the buffs of the hydra still let them keep up even being better than before because you can’t hit and run anymore in a colossus hydra fight while zerg not using any armored unit to reduce its dmg output

1 Like

Can’t believe there’s gonna be no prism nerf, but you wanna buff the carriers. Well done, now I understand why the game is dying.
Also I would like to mention that 25/25 less for ov speed is not gonna help the zergs against protoss. not at all because on high level mmr you see what’s comming and you still lose.
Besides that if the infested terrans will no longer ignore the armor how are the zergs supposed to beat mass bc or carriers?

You were saying?
Seriously, read before whining.

4 Likes

dude, we been told that is gonna require an upgrade. they got rid of the most important part

if you think about it it doesn’t make any sense to build marines vs Colossus
(it wouldn’t change anything)

Really ? So your answer to MMM players is to stop using marines ? Straight lose when facing protoss smartly adjusting the amount of zealots, archons and air units throughout the game ? Not gonna work, bro, terrans should have the right to use their core units in all three MU.

My take on this is simple : if one unit seems too strong (or too weak), it’s better to fix the problematic unit itself rather than adjust its counterparts, as this adjustment would then potentially imbalance the interactions of the counterparts with a greater number of units.

Hydras too strong ? Well if that’s really the case, strengthening colossus even more kinda dumb, as it’ll unbalance PvT (where the unit is already strong) just as much as it’ll help PvZ. The best answer in that case is to nerf the hydras, which has been done not too long ago (though in a quite measured way compared to the manner they were buffed).

As for the colossus being insufficient against hydras in PvZ, I’m not convinced by that either. It’s true hydras are very powerful, but I don’t think their current power is excessive (but their current mobility however… that is debatable). Plus you can perfectly kite them with 9 range colossus, just like marines would kite faster zerglings. No, IMO the issue is that their counter to colossus, namely corruptors, were already strong, and were buffed to face skytoss. Leading them to get even stronger against colossus… And you can’t prevent a squad of 200 HP 2 armor 4.75 speed unit from getting in if they have decided to.

So, the answer to colossus not being considered as a long term option in PvZ isn’t due to them being weak (as they aren’t in any way, but rather in their current lategame counter, corruptors being too strong. Considering current infestor strength against skytoss (specially with infested terran, neural and fungle all being real strong against that composition), IMO the answer would rather be to nerf corruptors. =)

I’d just like to add my 5 cents and mention that being able to be all the way across the map with 4 second unit build time with warp prism/0 second build time with pylon[warp gate puts toss production ahead 1 whole cycle] is absolute bs and I’m glad the mentioned balance changes are coming.
Making a warp prism shouldn’t be an auto-win mechanic.

1 Like

I don’t know what games some people are watching, like toss auto wins vs anything…like brah, you see Trap vs Dark? you see Zest v Maru last year? Heck, Cure i think just 4-0 zest in Olimoleaque. And how does making a warp-prism and warp gate give P advantage, brah…brah.

I agree, corruptors the problem for collosus. Mech Toss imo, still a pretty good way to go against zerg though. Archon, Collos, Void ray, Immortal. Go like 3 robo 2 stargate like 4-6 gates on 3 base. I’ve never seen pro’s go for that though really. Justifies early void rays though imo.

1 Like

Again, read before whining.
Despite the wishes of Terrans, the goal of changes is not to remove Protoss from the game.

6 Likes

While making a ndyus is>???
are you seeing what you are typing?
Warp-in is the cord protoss mechanic
just like terran has op scan and mule
zerg has op queens, injects and creep

Go play sc1 if you hate these so call “auto-win” mechanic

2 Likes

If one watches with attention the dynamics in a septic-tank, he reaches some interesting conclusions.
All the Pieces of S.h.i.t (whineterrans and whinezergs in this forum) tend to float togather in the upper part of the tank.
That’s due to Archimede’s Law (for the Pieces of S.h.i.t). as about the forum POS’s: they concentrate on this thread due to Third Goba’s Law on whine!

1 Like

Please consider helping lower-tier players by adding an small dmg auto attack to ALL SPELLCASTERS. Specifically for Infestors, Vipers, and Ravens. The change to High Templar several patches ago helped the micro-ability of these units tremendously for Protoss players and contributes greatly to the skill gap at Platinum/Diamond levels between these races.

3 Likes

That would make sense if throwing a dye had anything to do with winning tournaments, unfortunately it doesnt, literally no connection, there is absolutely no connection or relation of any sort between the things you were talking about, literally none.

…?? dont care what you’re saying stop replying to my posts.

1 Like

emphasis on 4 second warp in time [skipping unit build time via warpgate]