Community Update - July 16, 2019

I really like the idea of making 8 damage second upgrade, that would both weaken zealots early and allow them to remain viable later.

2 Likes

That never should have been added into SC2, Zealots with charge were strong units before it and now they just roll over everything since they take damage in addition to the attack the zealot already does.

3 Likes

Yep, but with more expensive WP with lower pickup range it might be fine

It will change nothing about the power of zealots.

You know what they should really do?. Get rid of the A-move no thinking charge gimmick and make it a pure speed upgrade like in BW.

2 Likes

I like the idea, but you would have compensate it in a way thet wouldnt make it pure garbage against bio. In Bw you could only select 8 units at a time and storm is stronger, so bio in TvP isnt a think but in Sc2 its very strong and i dont see chargeless zealot having any chance against that. Even if you made them a lot faster than now i still dont see it.

2 Likes

Actually if you made Charge into a pure speed upgrade and upped the speed it would be better against Bio since you would frequently be able to close the gap on the bio instead of waiting for the charge cooldown.

Couldnt terran just reactively burrow/unburrow mines if the zealots were approaching without any risk of friendly fire tho?

agree… all in all, if this stupid patch came through, we will see less and less toss player, the toss population is already sitting at 26% to 29% from plat to master~

pretty soon it will be zerg vs terran… and then well… the wait time will be even longer. finally, no one will care to pick up this game to play~

Warp gate is the sole reason why everyone hates the design of SC2 Protoss and why it’s filled with so many gimmicks and hard counters.

See the relationship between zerglings and bio-mine.

1 Like

WUT? The micro God-Race? No way. It’s more cost effective to whine and receive buffs than to use a couple of brain-cells to think and to use what you malevolently suggested.
You gained the eternal Terran-hate just with this post!

Ten little indians…A book of Agatha Christie that was cast as movie several times under the name…And then there were none

Of 10 people (4 Zergs 3 Protoss 3 Terrans) that got into that hotel, all were killed one by one and at the end only two survived (2 Terrans)…

Im still not 100% sold it would work unless we are talking about speedling level of movement speed. Also lings are usually backed up by banes who deal a ton of instant dmg.

But if they managed to make it balanced somehow it would make the matchup much more fun, so ye, i guess youve convinced me :smiley:

Im terran player bruh

LOL, then you must be a Self-Hating-Terran. Don’t be surprised, i have seen Avilo rage with more hate against bio-terrans than Protoss and Zergs combined…
:face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Those people just make us look bad anyway.

And dont make me a complete saint TvP is my least favourite matchup :smiley: (i enjoy most of it but some interactions i find super frustrating).

I just dont think that making protoss underpowered would make the matchup more fun.

1 Like

That’s all that i want. I don’t agree 100% even with fellow protossers. But if we can find a middle ground (30-40%) and mutual respect and willingness to walk in the other’s “shoes”, everything will be fine and a comon language found.

2 Likes

Interesting, winner of gsl: zerg, winner of wcs winter: zerg, winner of wcs spring: zerg, winner of homestory cup: zerg, winner of wcs summer: zerg, winner of IEM Katowice: zerg, balance team’s conclusion: nerf protoss in 4 different ways while buffing zerg. Very interesting.

8 Likes

Yes.
It has come to our attention that Protoss is a slightly OP in the last Finale between Serral and Reynor.
So:

1. Recall nerff
  2. WP nerff
  3. Zealot nerff

The Zealot was a little too good against …Mutas …

P.S I agree with you Tovarish Visarionovich.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
:man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

5 Likes

pretty much… balance team IQ… wonder how did they get their job.

1 Like