Community Update - December 17, 2019

That’s different. You said “I’ve seen countless games where zerg doesn’t even build units and instead just builds queens and drones.” That’s not even the same things as building 6 queens to defend early game. You keep changing the goal post. You’re doing the circle argument where you lead people down a rabbit hole whenever you can’t back up your claims.

Again, it’s not all on the queen. It’s called players getting better and the meta game settling. Harass will naturally get weaker and people figure out the timing and learn how to defend. So saying it’s only because the queen is stupid. And you seem to be single minded looking at this. It’s not really about “woah! That banshee killed 20 drones!” Even if they killed a couple that’s still annoying. You get scouting info, and you can retain them to come back later. It’s about being annoying and not massive damage. And that’s a good thing. It was so stupid back in the days when people didn’t know how to deal with the oracle, and it would pick off a whole mineral line. That was just trash.

Build many Queens early game = More drones being made and not being killed.

Build many Queens early game = More creep spread and more map vision.

What have I said this entire conversation that is wrong?.

Queens are both Macro and Defense. More Queens build means more macro.

I already told you. You said, “’I’ve seen countless games where zerg doesn’t even build units and instead just builds queens and drones.”

That is just not true. Now you’re trying to shift to something else entirely. We’re not even talking about creep spread. We were talking about AA.

Like I said, you’re doing the rabbit hole tactic and try and drown the other party in like 60 arguments. Building many queens early game is not the same thing as “Only building queens and drones” That is what you said, and that is false.

Who cares if queens are both macro and defense? What does that even have to do with anything. You keep circling back around to “Well terran doesn’t operate like that.” Yeah, so" the races don’t play the same. Trying to say that because one race has a macro and defensive unit means it’s wrong is nonsensical. The races are designed to be different. So because one races does something doesn’t make it more or less right. It just means that’s the way the race was designed so it could be unique. The queen was always meant to be the hive defender. It’s not something that just magically happened one day. You have to look to the way the race is played and designed. Take the mule, “Oh terran gets to have free mega svu? Why is that. Zerg doesn’t have that? Protoss doesn’t have that?” Well look at the reasoning. SCV’s have to build. So the mule was designed to compensate for that fact.

Stay focused on 1 argument.

Can y’all just delete Swarm Host from the game please? Terrible game design to have such a low commitment unit with such high damage output for such a low price. I get that Swarm Host is only really used against Mech, but the maps and Mech’s low mobility makes the unit downright unfair.

1. Defender is always losing against Locusts (by this I mean in terms of resources given that Locust have no price)
  2. 100/75/3 which is super cheap
  3. Swarm Host don’t have to commit to the area they’re invading
  4. Double the DPS of a Marine for a unit that has no risk

As you’ve all seen in recent tournaments with ZvP and Infested Terrans being super bad, Locusts seem to be super bad for the same reasons. They do insane damage at no risk or expense of the Zerg. Do something else that’s actually fair if Zerg needs a harass tool, not this BS please.

Edit: Since the unit can’t actually be deleted by this point, I assume, not that I was serious about that. How about we make Locusts more of a bloody commitment for Zerg so they actually have something at risk for using mass Swarm Hosts? What if Locusts were 25 minerals per cast, so dealing with Locusts isn’t always a loss for the defender, so Zerg actually has to risk something to use units that have no commitment to the fight? Just an ordinary complaint about awful design that’s stuck to the game.

4 Likes

How many air units early game have over 7 range?. List them.

If Zerg’s weakness is lack of AA early game, and Queens with 8 range greatly reduces that weakness…why should anyone be surprised when Zerg’s are able to hold off so many forms of early game harassment?.

What difference does it make what range a unit has when it comes to the air? The queen is designed to defend against them. Just like Thors are designed to counter BL. BL have the advanatage that they can avoid terrain and they can clog up armies with BL but the thor out ranges them to make up for that.

What does that have to do with anything. You keep talking like the range 8 queen went into effect 6 months ago and killed everything. It went into effect 3 years ago and we still see air openers. You keep shaking your fist at this range 7 thing like it’s supposed to mean something? The air unit has the mobility advantage. It’s supposed to be the one that’s like “I can sneak in this way and get a couple drone kills before the queen can react.” Just take oracles. Even if you have a spore, the normal position of the queen gives the oracles space to get a couple kills and get out. But if you can scout it coming the queen can get into a better position. It’s always the attackers job to find a hole in the armor. Not the defenders job to be weak enough to allow it. That’s why it’s called strategy.

That’s how offense vs defense works. The attacker is the one that is trying to find the holes in the defense. You don’t really have an argument again. Because you can do this line of reasoning with any unit basically. Marines. Marines can attack air and ground. They can attack super fast and be massed. Name other units that can do that? What is any one supposed to do with that info. You just point out how the races are unique and try and make that an argument about why something is bad. I keep circling about this. The queen can’t ignore terrain. So it makes sense to give it a longer range. It’s like anything in this game. Zealots vs lings. Lings have the numbers advantage, but zealots have the choke advantage. Queens have the range advantage while air units have the mobility advantage. it makes it not a straight up this unit will always win, but you have to use strategy to exploit certain things.

The air units can exploit queen mobility and dart around to different bases. While queens can exploit their range to maneuver around and try and trap the air unit by having good scouting and forewarning about what direction it’s coming from.

For all this talk you do realize that the same thing happens across all races. Terran gets a viking or a cyclone or a mine and shuts down the air harass. Or protoss has their stalkers in the right spot to shut down the drop. This is not something that is unique to zerg. All races are pretty good at the pro level about shutting down harassment. In general harassment does less damage these days because players are better able to defend it. But you seem to just ignore that collective fact so you can focus on the 1 unit you don’t like and say that unit is an issue.

What difference does it make what range a unit has when it comes to the air? The queen is designed to defend against them. Just like Thors are designed to counter BL. BL have the advanatage that they can avoid terrain and they can clog up armies with BL but the thor out ranges them to make up for that.

What does that have to do with anything. You keep talking like the range 8 queen went into effect 6 months ago and killed everything. It went into effect 3 years ago and we still see air openers. You keep shaking your fist at this range 7 thing like it’s supposed to mean something? The air unit has the mobility advantage. It’s supposed to be the one that’s like “I can sneak in this way and get a couple drone kills before the queen can react.” Just take oracles. Even if you have a spore, the normal position of the queen gives the oracles space to get a couple kills and get out. But if you can scout it coming the queen can get into a better position. It’s always the attackers job to find a hole in the armor. Not the defenders job to be weak enough to allow it. That’s why it’s called strategy.

That’s how offense vs defense works. The attacker is the one that is trying to find the holes in the defense. You don’t really have an argument again. Because you can do this line of reasoning with any unit basically. Marines. Marines can attack air and ground. They can attack super fast and be massed. Name other units that can do that? What is any one supposed to do with that info. You just point out how the races are unique and try and make that an argument about why something is bad. I keep circling about this. The queen can’t ignore terrain. So it makes sense to give it a longer range. It’s like anything in this game. Zealots vs lings. Lings have the numbers advantage, but zealots have the choke advantage. Queens have the range advantage while air units have the mobility advantage. it makes it not a straight up this unit will always win, but you have to use strategy to exploit certain things.

The air units can exploit queen mobility and dart around to different bases. While queens can exploit their range to maneuver around and try and trap the air unit by having good scouting and forewarning about what direction it’s coming from.

For all this talk you do realize that the same thing happens across all races. Terran gets a viking or a cyclone or a mine and shuts down the air harass. Or protoss has their stalkers in the right spot to shut down the drop. This is not something that is unique to zerg. All races are pretty good at the pro level about shutting down harassment. In general harassment does less damage these days because players are better able to defend it. But you seem to just ignore that collective fact so you can focus on the 1 unit you don’t like and say that unit is an issue.

You say you are not Zerg bias, but just talking about how the design of the Queen might be a little to “do everything” somehow causes you to write pages and pages defending it.

If the Queen was a female twitch streamer, you would be the chat moderator and the top donation.

4 Likes

Microbial Shroud was probably the weakest and most useless thing to have been implemented in SC2’s history.

It’s getting a triple buff and yet we’re not even sure if that will be enough, but I will be very interested to see when competitive tournaments start again.

1 - Make queens armored
2 - reduce raven interference matrix spell back down to 50 energy use (retain duration of 11 seconds)
3 - add 2 second build time to carrier interceptor
4 - viking health fusion core upgrade (15 health)
or
5 - raven defensive matrix ability upgrade from fusion core, canNOT be casted on massive units (Bcs…)

1 Like

Medivac Boost and Bunker upgrade said hello

Neosteel frame. Now that was a meme upgrade of meme upgrades.

1 Like

Still better than pre-buff Microbial Shroud.

2 Likes

Time to fix completly broken nydus: 1 year because “let it settle”
Time to fix completly broken infested terrans: 2 years because “let it settle” and “whoooopsie one bug slipped through our fingers”

Time to fix useless shroud: 3 weeks. Because “we love zerg”

GG blizzard.

4 Likes

I think Blizzard is using the good ol “hey if we don’t talk it, maybe you’ll forget?” approach.

Doesn’t work at all but ya know

Good changes, glaive upgrade and microbial shroud were both underwhelming.

However, I would prefer a different spell altogether that fits the infestor thematically, such as stukov’s infest structure spell from coop that would disable a structure for x seconds and cause it to spawn broodlings during that time.

if you want win tvz,only need 3 unit
hellbat+tank+thor。

Delete hotkeys for other units,

thor Kill all Zerg air force,【viper+mutalisk+broodlord+corrupt+locust, lol】
hellbat+tank kill all ground of zerg,

To be a master group, you only need apm100 ,F2+A= auto win

if you want to be a grandmaster,
you can build 3-5 battlecruiser,when the zerg build corrupt,you will win,

I hope you will soon fix the achievement Infested Terror due to the removal of ability, which makes Supreme Being unobtainable also. I reported it already.

I just hope balance team can bring the bio terran back in TVZ, the current tvz is so brainless (mech terran op and bio terran too weak to play) and boring to watch, please nerf mech and buff the bio.

No, don’t nerf mech. Mech is finally viable against Protoss and people want mech nerfed? Are you kidding?

Besides, mech is not invincible. Vipers are still pretty good against mech.

2 Likes

Hahah that’s all we get ? 59 comments, this game is super dead, noone even cares anymore. It is funny. You are clueless, you don’t have any idea about your own game. Just revert everything to hots… Noone even play this anymore, except couple koreans and most hardcore players. I used to be hardcore starcraft 2 player, but nowayday even i don’t even bother with this sh1t. Deadliest game ever… It is sad you don’t care and let best game of all times die… Shame on you blazzard !!!