Community Update - August 6, 2019

It was a joke. I never saw anyone losing against only infesters in a even game. I play the three races and it never happened to me. Do you have a replay?

2 Likes

well I just saw Infestors crushing mass thor and Bcs in less than 1 hour from now

1 Like

LOL. That is not even a “composition” and the infestor is supposed to be the counter to that. I imagine they were not just infestor anyway

1 Like

the infestors did take them out alone if you want to know

1 Like

Twitch You Will see some others units with the Infestors , but if you watch closely , the Infestors did all the work

1 Like

I don’t know what to tell you. Yes, terran can lose. Without infestor it would be impossible to kill thors/bc in mass let’s not say if other units are added

2 Likes

My point is that Mass Infestors beat Everything

1 Like

Let’s say 150 supply carrier/voidray or carrier/tempest vs 250 supply of zerg corruptor/hydra. what wins? Without infestors zerg doesn’t have anything to deal with protoss. You can deal with BCs without infestors, corruptor does the job. That’s the problem with most protoss units, they are too cost efficient.

TvZ is the most interesting and well balanced match on SC2 right now. Many openings, many win conditions, everything can be countered for both sides, they are super fun to watch and play on either side.

I play random. Protoss is my strongest race to play with and the weakest to play against. I think that’s more race than player

2 Likes

I feel like that’s too much, to the point where it’s maybe a better idea against air to use fungal and neural, along with corrupters.
Don’t know why they don’t just try implementing a 10% cooldown increase first, like they did with hydras last year.
I get they needed to be nerfed, but them not ignoring armor already makes them a lot weaker against BCs and carriers in particular.
Almost 20% in one go without testing, is just too heavy-handed.

That aside, overall it also feels like the balance team is afraid to actually make any ambitious changes, instead it’s just a bit of numbers fiddling, and some of them like the interceptor build time won’t be particularly noticeable, and something like the stim research time reduction will actually encourage more 2 base all-ins, something they wanted to avoid.
And they talked so much in the first update about Warp Prism negating defender’s advantage too much with the fast warp in, but then ended up not doing anything about that after all.
The lower pickup range helps a bit to defend against drop play if you have AA, but not all-ins, or any sudden mass warp-in in your main etc.

Immortal prism harass isn’t a problem tho, it’s the 2/2.5 base immortal timings and the -1 pickup range will barely impact that. The extra 50 mineral cost on warp prisms and 25/25 cheaper ovie speed is somehow supposed to make up the difference but I really doubt it will.

2 Likes

Nice decisions balance team, thanks for listening. Lot of people still want the charge nerf and I think a nerd to 6 damage would be fair enough for now without upsetting the balance of the game mid/late year but yeah. Personally I think roaches are quite strong and good for the cost but they do cost a lot of supply…

I think if the charge nerf did go through that people like Maru and Serral/Dark would just destroy protosses in the mid/early-ish game.

With any bonus damage Zerg carapace upgrades largely become irrelevant so you might as well just leave it alone rather than make changes for the sake of making changes.

i completely agree with your sentiment, but stim research is too long. it’s so easy to make immox2+warp prism and deny it at the moment.

but making dt shrine free, making nydus free, totally hated these changes. cheeses should be risky.

1 Like

Then Terran cheeses need to be nerfed hard against Zerg since they almost never seem to be all in.

1 Like

So let’s not nerf Immortal all-ins, but give a zerg a chance to see his demise before it knocks at his door (not that it helps, really).

Really don’t care about ITs - I don’t usually live long enough to see them in ZvP.

2 Likes

Yep, only affects part of the ladder from archon drops and mass queen defence up to the point where prism is sniped by 3 corrosive biles. And it shouldn’t be nerfed more as prism juggling is toss’ skill point that requires attention cost to micro.

Yeah, I don’t think archon drops are an issue because it’s very skill dependent, although 6 range was somewhat abusive so I think this change is ok. Good players will still be able to make use of it.

1 Like

Terran’s problem is that there’s only a couple units that can deal with Brood Lords, but they get countered pretty hard by some of Zerg’s other options (usually Infestors).

2 Likes

Can’t believe you scrapped the Charge nerf. That was the one change that was really needed.

11 Likes

Seems like people really underestimate how big of a nerf the infestor nerf is. If you are against fully upgraded BC’s and you have no upgrades for ranged damage – it is a 52.4 % nerf to dps (7 vs 14.7ish). If you are fully upgraded ranged as z, it is a 46% nerf to dps (9.6 vs 17.9ish). Basically you will need double the Infested Terran’s you needed to do the same dps post patch vs BC’s, which admittedly is one of the more extreme examples.

3 Likes