Community Update - August 6, 2019

If a Psi Storm kills Infested Terran, you have lost nothing. The same cannot be said if the opponent kills a Raven, Infestor, HT, Marine, Siege Tank, etc.

Sure, Infestors took a huge hit. Now they produce up to 8 Marines (on 2 supply) each with slightly more DPS against massive air units (factoring in armor) than 8 actual Marines, instead of 8 Marines with more than 50% more DPS against massive air than actual Marines.

Any way you look at it, Infested Terran are still ridiculous, and Infestors are still going to have an easy time invalidating air units (with the possible exception of Battlecruisers that still have TJ up).

1 Like

I still feel the Carrier needs a small buff. It feels weak, and it looks weak in the pro scene too. Its counterpart, the BC, has become an amazing unit with its potent new abilities, while the Carrier has fallen behind due to its inability to force the opponent to deal with its Interceptors. This should be the primary strength of this expensive unit, no? I’d love to see a research ability that allows Interceptors to continue fighting for a few seconds after the Carrier’s death, or a toned-down version of its Release Interceptor ability. Maybe have them lose 10 HP / sec once released or something. I dunno. But an upgrade of some kind would be nice. I mean, if Interceptors are going to cost $$, they should be a bit more dynamic. Just my unpopular opinion here…

2 Likes

I honestly don’t think anyone noticed until BCs started becoming popular. Before this, you didn’t see them except in super lategame armies, and when they were fielded, they were usually in insane numbers and often combined with fungal, Corrupters etc. It just got overlooked.

An imbatoss quitting?? Good riddance!

The unit that quite badly needs to be nerfed is the Stalker.

Either hp/shields, dps, range or speed needs to be reduced, or the cost (in gas) needs to be increased.

Given so many cheese options (cannons, proxies, oracles, DTs, prism shenanigans…), toss could get by without the blink all-ins and use some fear of counter-cheese.

1 Like

Ur like 2 years late

1 Like

Infestors really need a bigger nerf here.

1 Like

There’s something I really don’t understand about how the “balance” team works guys …
If you really wanted to create a balanced game you would introduce little changes to the units or to the units’ spells/abilities and then see how it goes.
Instead, you sometimes change too much in one single patch and then everything is messed up because the interactions between the units are complicated.
I don’t think that the real aim of the so called balance team is really to balance the game, the real aim is to keep the game alive and entertaining to watch for the audience while changing the mechanics from time to time. “oh, we want to see more BCs!!!” then they change the BCs … “Oh, we want to see more of these units and this kind of play”, and so they change the units or other things to steer the game in the direction they want, according to their personal taste …
I don’t think this is a serious way to work at all and I think that the balance team should change its name.
I also think that this policy is like an insult to all the players and that Blizzard keeps fooling all of us.
That’s why I’ve lost interest in the game and I play it from time to time, only when I have nothing better to do …
Just to compare SC2 to one of the most famous games in the world, and one of the most ancient for sure, Chess.
Can you imagine if every few months the rules and the way the pieces work were changed just to make the game more interesting and fun? Do you think there would be so many people playing it and taking it seriously ?

4 Likes

And just to say: Fantasy vs Classic in GSL vs The World, it was game 4 I think, was something that doesn’t deserve to be called “Starcraft 2”, it was just disgusting.
Tempest are essentially tanks that can fly and shoot at extreme range also when sieged lol. Do you think they need a fix or not?
Maybe in order to shoot so far they should be in a special mode (like siege mode for tanks and libs ) or as it happens for Voidrays when you activate prismatic alignment (and they become very slow).
You cannot have a unit shooting so far and at the same time moving back and forth so easily.
Otherwise flying sieged tanks for all, lol.

Tempests are single target buddy. They also happen to be very fragile

I don’t care if they’re single target. They shoot very far and if you have a couple of them you can one shot early units. And they can fre**ing fly if you haven’t noticed, which means you can abuse the maps like Classic did. Also: the aoe of tanks is not that big and when they are sieged you cannot move them. The tempests don’t even slow down lol.
Can’t you see they’re op as they are now?
They also have the same cost as tanks but if you add hitpoints and shield they are less fragile than tanks (just add some shield batteries and they’re unbeatable in early game).

And anyway, what I saw the other day by Classic makes me don’t want to play this silly game anymore. I would be ashamed that may race allowed me to play a game like that.

Recently, I have been starting to think like this too.

Nah, they do well vs air massive units. vs others their combat capabilities are rather weak as tempest is siege breaker unit. they have less dps than a single zealot.

ur diamond dont pretend you know how to play the game this wont affect you

1 Like

Didnt blue say it would be released today? where is the patch?

It was released. I saw the season ended so I started a game with the ai and immediately recalled my probes. I checked the cool down and it was 130

ya i finally got it was wondering

where the zealot change??? zealots are still the problem

2 Likes

That feature will be unlocked with your next payment of $59.99.