Community Update - August 29, 2019

Hey there,

Based on player feedback of this season’s maps, we worked with the maps’ creators to implement a few adjustments. We plan to release an update on Tuesday, 9/3 PDT with the following changes:

Disco Bloodbath LE

• Moved a Vespene Geyser at the natural base so that a wall-off with one Command Center and three Supply Depots is possible.
  • Moved Cooling Towers so that they fully block off nearby ramps after collapsing.
  • Removed various light flash effects at bases.

Triton LE

• Expanded Reaper paths such that they now require more than one structure to wall off.
  • Moved various mineral patches that could allow landing Mules to become trapped.

Winter’s Gate LE

• Expanded Reaper paths such that they now require more than one structure to wall off.
17 Likes

Thank you Blizzard for listening to the community. One of the biggest concerns from the pro Terrans was about how easy it is to block the reaper paths into the main.

The other concern from pro Terrans is about how wide and big many of the new maps are, meaning there are so many wide and big maps in the pool now, which makes it harder for Terran. But at lest you addressed the reaper path issue.

Finally, I’m sure you are aware that of the top 8 Korean players in the Blizzcon standings, 5 of them are Protoss. That is pretty lop sided so hopefully, next year, the balance will be better and we can have a more equal number of races at Blizzcon.

17 Likes

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

6 Likes

Terran is still the worst race, you might consider buffing Thor and Raven since the only viable late game is getting 20 BC

9 Likes

Thank you for the map changes.

2 Likes

Thank you for listening!

2 Likes

Yeah, ghosts are useless /s

6 Likes

Don’t pull the “Terran is useless” card. Please. I don’t want my race to die.

3 Likes

Nah, they just have the whiniest players

14 Likes

Not sure if this has been addressed, but on Disco Bloodbath LE there is a bug where if extractors are built and ultralisks are behind the mineral line at the 3 o’clock base, the ultras will become stuck. Only way to get them out is to kill the extractor.

I’d provide a link to a twitch clip showcasing this but theyre not allowed. Not sure if it occurs every time or just occasionally, might need some testing.

1 Like

Why would you want to remove the light flash effects? They were cool. A way to make maps more boring. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Thank you for working out quickly on the maps! Just fix Nydus, BC jump and Cannon Rush and the game will be perfect! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Post it on reddit, they will likely see it and you can also link the reddit link on here.

1 Like

The 3v3 map Jungle Depths also has a spot where mules get trapped behind minerals by the way. From the bottom left spawn, if your main base is the top base out of the 3 potential spawns, then the base I’m talking about is above that one & then up & right. There is a cliff behind the base & Mules get trapped between the cliff & the minerals.

1 Like

TvP
Protoss still have a huge advantage at all stages of the game, please look into some more and don’t call it quits with the reversal of zealot nerf

7 Likes

Pretty sure we are all on the same side here and just want the very best maps on the ladder! Hopefully this little situation will inspire high level players and pros to provide feedback earlier in the decision making process so we can continue to get the best out of these guys and girls willing to dedicate soo much time into making our game enjoyable! God i love this game :slight_smile:

you Terrans need to start learning to abuse what your race makes available, stop being crybaby

5 Likes

I agree. Cannon rush is broken in PvP, the Tactical jump could take longer to sync with the new nexus recall time, so if it teleports in your army you have to escape, and nydus is extremely abusive, even if it’s empty, in the middle. of the game, forces you to divide the army and zerg spam at all times.

3 Likes

Ok balance Team you’ve heard too much (and in many cases justified) to terrans and Zergs in general, now please heard what many protoss players have to say…

• Please nerf BC´s, make tactical jump a research item or make it happen only in scouted area.
  • Please nerf tanks, make siege mode a research item, Terran abuse of it, in particular in a 2 base all-in + MMA and it makes so easily for a terran to stop all early aggression if you’re not pushing with air units.
    -Please nerf Mules, this one in special gives too much economic advantage to terran players in all types of matches, in fact a enormous advantage vs P, race that create workers ONE BY ONE (chrono boost is used in mid and late game for army, in those stages youre not thinking use it for workers). I suggest use more energy to produce the emules or make them less efficient.
  • Please buff Void rays, actual void rays are total useless unit (comparing their efficiency with their cost and time of production) you can only use them in very special cheeses, not in a normal macro game. I suggest a improving in their speed and accelaration.
    For last: STOP NERFING PROTOSS, YOU ARE MAKING THEM A SUPER EXPENSIVE, LOW SPEED OF PRODUCTION, HARMLESS AND COMIC RACE, STOP SATISFIYING WHINNY T/Z PLAYERS THAT CANT PLAY AT ALL WITH THEIR RESPECTIVE RACES THAT HAVE ENORMOUS ADVANTAGES
2 Likes