[Co-op] Tychus: Vega-Dominated High Templars don't have any spells

Not sure if this is a feature rather than a bug. When playing as Tychus (any prestige), if an enemy High Templar is captured by Vega, it does not have any of its spells (Feedback or Psionic Storm), leaving it with just its weak Psi Blast attack. Considering part of the fun is using the enemy’s own units against them, this seems a bit unfair, especially if you’re able to keep the High Templar alive long enough to use its spells.

Reproducibility: Dependent (requires Vega and a Protoss AI enemy)
Estimated Severity Level: 4 (Low)

Sadly, I think controlled enemy units (regardless of the means to do so) losing their abilities/stats/others is intended.
Some mind control abilities may say it explicitly.

1 Like

I don’t think this is the case. Most Mind Control abilities have a very specific list of abilities they disable. First there is a list of abilities disabled by class – for example, with Vega’s Dominate this includes Build, Merge, Research, Train, and Transport. There’s also a list of specific abilities to disable. Currently, Vega’s Dominate only specifically disables the Specter’s Nuke and all Sentry Hallucination abilities. The behavior also specifies that requirements are to be ignored, meaning that all abilities normally unlocked by research should be available.

Looking at it in the Editor, there’s nothing in Vega’s Dominate behavior that I can see that would intentionally disable Feedback or Psionic Storm. There’s no reason a Dominated High Templar shouldn’t be able to use those abilities. This is almost certainly an unintended bug.

I have a question for you: Were the icons for the abilities simply grayed out, or did the icons even appear at all?

The icons didn’t appear at all. I’m not sure if it’s mission-specific, but I noticed it on Chain of Ascension.

1 Like

Curious. Definitely sounds like a bug. If the mind control were just disabling them, they’d appear grayed-out.