Co-Op Mutation #348: Nuclear Family

The hybrids channelling energy into Amon’s champion are incredibly powerful. Around their armies, they repel your most powerful attacks, and upon death, they release a powerful explosion. Engage them carefully.

Hardened Will - Enemy Heroic units reduce all incoming damage to a maximum of 10 when any non-heroic enemy unit is near them.
Mutually Assured Destruction - Enemy Hybrid units detonate a Nuke upon death.
Outbreak - Enemy Infested Terrans spawn continuously around the map.

Rating:

Video Replays on Brutal difficulty:

Player 1                                   Player 2
[CtG Scourge Queen] [Twotuuu Plague Warden]
[CtG Keeper of Shadows] RMasterJ Hierarch of the Daelaam
[CtG Merchant of Death] Kerisband Network Administrator
[CtG Best Buddy] llllllllll Lone Puppy

[Reddit Post Link]

Notes:

• Hybrid nukes detonate INSTANTLY after the death animation. Yep.
  • Outbreak spawns Infested Terrans, then Infested Marines later, and Aberrations from any enemy building.
  • Aberrations spawn starting 20 minutes. These are very tough to hold continuously because they respawn.
  • The first set of Infested Terrans arrive around 2:30 into the game.
  • Time Stop delays Hybrid spawns by 20 seconds, which is a huge deal if you keep using it as it goes off cooldown. Theoretically, you can delay the first Hybrid up to 9:40, and the second one up to 17:20.
  • Using Time Stop just before the last set of Hybrids spawn will prevent them from supporting Amon’s Champion, therefore skipping that part of the mission.
  • Hardened Will is basically the hardened shields from the Wings of Liberty version of the Immortal. If your normal attack does 50 damage, it will deal 10 damage to units with hardened will.

Commander of the Week: Commander of the week [Nuclear Family] - Online Poll - StrawPoll.com
Mutation difficulty: https://www.youtube.com/post/Ugkx6xXMFHxuvCG9e9H4t_bw1lv5mKYY1BX4
Do you like this mutation? https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxYqf4Cw4LuiOAbpZTspjSQQhWBqMa5gSc

Commander of the Week winner of last week:

Links:
Weekly Mutation Database
Maguro’s Mutation List
starcraft2coop.com

6 Likes

Mutation overlap 162 this week 2nd

1st clear Mengsk P3+Zagara P1

Mutation (Nuclear Family) play list

:heart: Abathur P2 :heart: should be amazing this week :dress::dress::dress:

Anything that can hit from a decent distance should be good enough. Or spare a lot of units.

#162 Nuclear Family – SOLO ALL CLEAR and the usual memers

Mutators: Outbreak, Hardened Will, Mutually Assured Destruction

Don’t forget the MAD is a thing. Hardened Will is also a factor, so be sure to use AOE on all the regular enemies, then kite the hybrid or sacrifice some units to deal the finishing blow.

You’ll need a bit of defense for Outbreak early on. 2-3 cannons/spines or a bunker should do. You should aim to clear all the buildings by 20 minutes so you don’t have to deal with aberrations.

This is a good map to practice managing calldowns. With good timing, you can do things like kill the 7 minute wave and the first set of hybrids with one calldown. You can also use calldowns for each hybrid wave because there are about 4-5 minutes between them.

Successes [and key points]

Breeze (easy)

Abathur (p2) #162: Nuclear Family - Abathur Solo (p2) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [swarm hosts]

Dehaka (p2) #162: Nuclear Family - Dehaka Solo (p2) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [mutas]

Fenix (p2) #162: Nuclear Family - Fenix Solo (p2) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [shells defend, champs clean house]

Karax (p2) #162: Nuclear Family - Karax Solo (p2) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [carriers clear map; sentinels defend]

Mengsk (p3) #162: Nuclear Family - Mengsk Solo (p3) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [the usual]

Nova (p3) #162: Nuclear Family - Nova Solo (p3) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [use sabotage drones as soon as they’re off CD]

Stetmann (p2) #162: Nuclear Family - Stetmann Solo (p2) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [infestors]

Stukov (p3) #162: Nuclear Family - Stukov Solo (p3) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [the usual]

Tychus (p2) #162: Nuclear Family - Tychus Solo (p2) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [the usual]

Vorazun (p3) #162: Nuclear Family - Vorazun Solo (p3) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [dark pylon walls and small DT groups to clear map]

Challenge (medium)

Abathur (p3) #162: Nuclear Family - Abathur Solo (p3) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [26 leviathans]

Alarak (p3) #162: Nuclear Family - Alarak Solo (p3) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [need good control when fighting hybrid]

Artanis (p3) #162: Nuclear Family - Artanis Solo (p3) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [tempests]

HH (p2) #162: Nuclear Family - Han and Horner Solo (p2) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [wraiths and widow mines]

Kerrigan (p3) #162: Nuclear Family - Kerrigan Solo (p3) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [ultras and lurkers]

Raynor (p3) #162: Nuclear Family - Raynor Solo (p3) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [BCs; spawn camp with mines after full clear]

Swann (p3) #162: Nuclear Family - Swann Solo (p3) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [herc tank]

Zeratul (p1) #162: Nuclear Family - Zeratul Solo (p1) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [small groups of DTs clearing areas; super cloak + serdath + avatar vs hybrids]

Zagara (p3) #162: Nuclear Family - Zagara Solo (p3) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [bile launchers for the 1st, 3rd, and 4th hybrid areas]

Torture (difficult)

Zeratul (p3) [No Mining] #162: Nuclear Family - Zeratul Solo (p3) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [no mining; this took a few tries and detailed planning]

Questions about any of these runs are welcome.

4 Likes

Better bring a strong early game for this one.

Hardened will is the hardest mutation ever, it will take alot of BCs with Yamato Cannons when using Raynor P3 to take down these heavyweight hybrids.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I’m just picturing some noob actually doing that and complaining that Raynor sucks.

Done as P3 Alarak with a Mastery 23 Vorazun, including bonus. Forgot about the nukes when we were doing the first Hybrid, but was quickly reminded of it when Alarak ate some Destroyers.

After that it was the usual Ascendant/Wrathwalker build, only difference being that Telekinesis was my first Forge upgrade after Death Council, and also generally more care around Hybrid.

Queued as Abathur P2 and got an 85-ish Mastery P0 H&H ally. Pretty easy despite eating lots of Yamatos from Classic Mech composition. Both bonuses.

Brute forced this mutation as P3 Stukov and a clever P1 Vorazun that utilized the free res for cloaked units to save their units from hybrid nukes.

1 Like

BTW, when using Alarak P3, I summoned a Mothership in early game and using mass Destroyers, Vanguards, and WWs to achieve victory.

P1 Cyclone Swann is pretty fun.

The Cyclone Guy has returned! :open_mouth:
Praised be thy Cyclone! :open_mouth:

1 Like

I’m feeling really sick, got a cold from a recent trip I made. I thought on skipping this week…

…but then I remembered Stukov’s P3 and cleared it first try.

I wonder if it’s possible for someone with mad micro skills to use Alarak’s Stalkers to tank nukes.

They have an ability which can occur every 5 seconds - when they take damage, they become invulnerable for 2 seconds. So in theory (only), it might be possible to let them take light damage just as the nuke is about to go off or before the killing blow to then not take nuke dmg.

Edit: Got a shock when I saw this:

CtG playing Zagara P1? Scourge Queen? Unlikely :joy:
Unless things have changed a lot in 1.5 yrs. It was in fact, P3/Apex Predator.

(I’ve done it with Zag P1 & P0. P1 was easier for me.)

First attempt with Karax P1 + Zeratul was a fail.
I still haven’t got pushing down with Karax P1, but my ally was somewhat lacking in the push department as well. Got one of the bonuses though :expressionless:

2nd attempt worked out… Karax P3 + Dehaka P2.
I used Orbital Strike and Solar Lance to take out enemy cannons and soften up attack (after all, a Dehaka that gets set up sooner than later benefits everyone!). I made cannons at crossroads to intercept generated enemy units, and from the usual attack waves. He helped power through everything else. Skipped the bonuses though.