Co-Op Mutation #345: Opportunities Unleashed

Energies channeled from the terrazine mists on Bel’Shir have given your enemies terrifying new powers. They blaze through the battle field, absorb hits without flinching, and cast spells on your forces. Find a way to keep them off Stetmann’s bots.

Barrier - Enemy units gain a temporary shield upon the first time they take damage.
Power Overwhelming - All enemy units have energy and use random abilities.
Speed Freaks - Enemy units have double their normal movement speed.

Rating:

Video Replays on Brutal difficulty:

Player 1                                   Player 2
[CtG Legendary Outlaw] RmasterJ Scourge Queen
[CtG Primal Contender] Dehakaburger Evolution Master
[CtG Arkship Commandant] [Twotuuu Rebel Raider]
[CtG Best Buddy] Sandman Tunneling Horror

[Reddit Post Link]

Notes:

• Abilities used by the enemy include Abduct, Black Hole, Defensive Matrix, Disabling Cloud, Disruption Web, Force Field, Fungal Growth, Guardian Shield, Graviton Beam, [Hybrid Structure Disable Thing], Irradiate, Parasitic Bomb, Point Defense Drone, Psionic Orb, Psionic Storm, Seeker Missile, Snipe, Time Warp.
  • There is no means to determine what spells each enemy unit has until they actually use it.
  • Barrier gives a 100 health shield to units that don’t get killed in 1 hit.
  • All units are buffed to at least 5.5 move speed.
  • Units are able to use their spells through time stop.
  • Dehaka does not get the psionic buff from devouring units, even though everyone s a spellcaster. The unit tag still takes precedence
  • Mind controlling units will make them lose all their mutator buffs.

Commander of the Week: Commander of the week [Opportunities Unleashed] - Online Poll - StrawPoll.com
Mutation difficulty: https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxPI7A1WQm74GiD8B5S84zH2cs0EWdfDe-
Do you like this mutation? https://www.youtube.com/post/Ugkx0gUHU8YfWYs8-R9w9JawMFTCtv7kmTgA

Commander of the Week winner of last week:

Links:
Weekly Mutation Database
Maguro’s Mutation List
starcraft2coop.com

5 Likes

Mutation overlap 159 this week 2nd

1st clear Mengsk P3+Fenix P1

Mutation (Opportunities Unleashed) play list

1 Like

I’ll try Raynor P3 or Alarak P3 and see what happens…

Ok, I already played this one before. This one is rough. :pinched_fingers::poop::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Using Abathur P2 should ease the pain. :clown_face:

#159 Opportunities Unleashed – SOLO ALL CLEAR

Mutators: Speed Freaks, Barrier, Power Overwhelming

Speed Freaks means that you’ll need something by around 3:15, perhaps a few sacrificial buildings. It also means that zerglings will destroy bots extremely quickly, so you have to be in multiple locations.

Power Overwhelming means fragile armies will die even more quickly, and Barrier just makes battles last even longer. Note that Protoss observers also cast spells, so make sure you don’t let them spy on you. Build static defense near the bots. Also build sacrificial buildings in the center at around 26:00 to get ready for the last wave.

Successes [and key points]

Breeze (easy)

Abathur (p2) #159: Opportunities Unleashed - Abathur Solo (p2) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [swarm hosts]

Abathur (p3) #159: Opportunities Unleashed - Abathur Solo (p3) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [mass brutas]

Dehaka (p1) #159: Opportunities Unleashed - Dehaka Solo (p1) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [mass tyrannozors]

Fenix (p2) #159: Opportunities Unleashed - Fenix Solo (p2) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [the usual]

Karax (p3) #159: Opportunities Unleashed - Karax Solo (p3) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [the usual]

Mengsk (p3) #159: Opportunities Unleashed - Mengsk Solo (p3) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [have 2-3 dudes explode on each small wave]

Nova (p1) #159: Opportunities Unleashed - Nova Solo (p1) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [the usual]

Stetmann (p2) #159: Opportunities Unleashed - Stetmann Solo (p2) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [the usual]

Swann (p1) #159: Opportunities Unleashed - Swann Solo (p1) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [factory fleet and war bots clear areas]

Tychus (p2) #159: Opportunities Unleashed - Tychus Solo (p2) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [the usual]

Zeratul (p2) #159: Opportunities Unleashed - Zeratul Solo (p2) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [cannons]

Challenge (medium)

Alarak (p2) #159: Opportunities Unleashed - Alarak Solo (p2) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [mass slayers]

Artanis (p3) #159: Opportunities Unleashed - Artanis Solo (p3) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [mass dragoons with good unbound fanatic usage]

HH (p1) #159: Opportunities Unleashed - Han and Horner Solo (p1) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [snipe waves with strike fighters; hellbats help]

Kerrigan (p2) #159: Opportunities Unleashed - Kerrigan Solo (p2) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [ultras and spores]

Stukov (p3) #159: Opportunities Unleashed - Stukov Solo (p3) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [the usual plus tanks]

Vorazun (p3) #159: Opportunities Unleashed - Vorazun Solo (p3) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [the usual with cannons at bots]

Torture (difficult)

Raynor (p0) [Commentary] #159: Opportunities Unleashed - Raynor Solo (p0) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [spider mines and bio]

Zagara (p3) #159: Opportunities Unleashed - Zagara Solo (p3) [Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation] - YouTube [bile launchers]

Questions about any of these runs are welcome.

4 Likes

Key to winning this is having a strong early game CO. If you can get through the early game clean this should be pretty easy.

Cleared it on the second attempt.

On the first attempt I got a level 11 vanilla Kerrigan who was ‘experienced’ . Saved him from the early wave (lings almost killed his base), solo’d the first 3 bots. I was defending third wave on the fourth and fifth bot as well, but apparently a wave got in his base which killed his building… all of them. Couldn’t solo it completely. ‘My bad I guess’.

The second attempt I got as a teammate Karax P1 (architect of war), while I was playing Zeratul P3 (Herald of the void). The Synergie was way better and we cruised through it like a breeze, with bonuses. Kills were about the same and I had a fun game experience this time.

When you hit someone who knows more or less what he is doing, this one is a breeze. If you get ‘an experienced < 15’ with questionable micro, non existant macro and playing with a stick up his bottom, this can actually be hard.

1 Like

P1 Dehaka, first try. Had a very credible ally too, which is the most important factor. But I reasoned that tanky units (which dehaka’s general are) backed by his sharing devour would do the trick, and it worked fairly well. We got zerg comp which wasn’t lovely and lost a bot in about 1.5 seconds cause I strayed a bit far, but overall was pretty easy. Built up my econ, went up to 6 Primal (unit making building lol), and had Dehaka do Dehaka things.

Army comp was a mix of zerglings (for mineral dump), incinerators, and mutas. The incinerators were key to dealing with the enemy zerglings, and the mutas handled everything else.

I’m pretty wary of building anything like Mutas against Power Overwhelming as I’ve had entire flocks Black Holed and Double Seeker Missiled (or whatever splash). Obviously slightly safer as Dehaka with their shell but still. Tyrannozars would seem the go to for me.

I got this on the 2nd try. Did it with a level 8 Raynor P0 ally. Played as Abathur P2.

1st try was Explosive Threats. 2nd try was Terran Dominion. The difference was suggesting to my ally to build Bunkers and Turrets to protect his bio and slow down pushes to give me time to catch up. Missed the first bonus. Kills split 80/20. Enjoyed it. Feel like I’m getting better at Abathur but lots of ducks to get in a row to get that avalanche rolling (micro luring, macro base, clearing rocks, keeping Vipers alive and using their abilities, pulling back injured Brutas, targeting Ravager Biles etc). Definitely one of the harder commanders to play decently.

Done as P3 Karax with a very good P3 Dehaka, was a lot of fun and the mutators didn’t pose any problems. He had to revive a few times but I guess that’s normal vs those mutators.

I reinforced all the bot locations with static defense, and had a fleet of Carriers with some Immortals. Lots of Spear of Adun usage due to Barrier. Again, really fun.

Edit: enemy comp was Terran with Tanks, Vessels, Goliaths and some Marines I think.

Don’t forget your Energizers, because Pylons can be shut down. Also the buff is nice :slight_smile: .

Dehaka has the best respawn mechanic of all the hero commanders so a “good” Dehaka should use it in most of their games because it infers that they are being aggressive. Sure, I go games where my Hakas don’t die but they’ll regularly scrape below 5% and it’s more luck and latency that determines how many times I have to respawn.

1 Like

i got hard carried when playing alarak p3. trying to go mass ascendant turned out to be suicidal.
abathur p1 and p2 went pretty smooth