Co-Op Mutation #325: Doomsday Report

The Moebius Corps fleet has converged upon Veridia Prime. They bombard the surface without regard for friend or foe, and the experimental reality-warping propagators have been unleashed unto the unsuspecting populace. Push back the enemy for long enough to stabilize the planet.

Going Nuclear - Nukes are launched at random throughout the map.
Orbital Strike - Enemy Orbital Strikes are periodically fired throughout the map.
Propagators - Reality warping sludges are crawling towards you. Anything they touch is turned into a copy of the sludge.

Rating:

Video Replays on Brutal difficulty:

Player 1                                   Player 2
[CtG Merchant of Death] [Twotuuu Templar Apparent]
[CtG Dark Prelate] Dehakaburger Scourge Queen
[CtG Primal Pack Leader] [Dr Lila Rebel Raider]

[ [Reddit Post Link]](Will add later)

Notes:

• Propagators have 450 health, and transform any unit they touch into one of them, effectively killing the unit.
  • The first Propagator spawns at 3:30, and a new one spawns every 90 seconds on Brutal.
  • Propagators hit ground units, air units, heroic units, and buildings.
  • Objects that turn into the propagator have the exact same HP as the propagator that infected it; so a 1-HP Propagator can only make more 1-HP Propagators.
  • Spider mines, toxic nests, and banelings can connect with the poopagator before it poopagates them.
  • Crooked Sam’s Detonation Charge, Abathur’s Disabling Cloud, and Vorazun’s stuff can all prevent poopagators from poopagating.
  • The warning spot for Going Nuclear is the large targeting area. However, you only have 5 Blizzard seconds of warning before the nuke hits.
  • Amon has [A LOT] of Orbital Strikes.

Commander of the Week: Commander of the week [Doomsday Report] - Online Poll - StrawPoll.com
Mutation difficulty: https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxtGTvNh8w4Qvwg8d0YT45uxiYcWWwPgC0
Do you like this mutation? https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxYrMtl1sp4e3rsXolduLbbZ3zCE7sG_i6

Commander of the Week winner of last week:

Links:
Weekly Mutation Database
Maguro’s Mutation List
starcraft2coop.com

2 Likes

Mutation overlap 139. this week 2nd.

1st clear Mengsk P3+Artanis

Mutation (Doomsday Report) play list

#139 Doomsday Report – SOLO ALL CLEAR

Mutators: Propagators, Going Nuclear, Orbital Strike

Propagators will be the biggest headache here. Of course, once you set up a prop defense, you’ll need to go outside, and the nukes/orbital strikes can be scary. You have to pay attention to many things at once: props, workers collecting crystals, army on the field, macro. This can be really taxing on a player, so be prepared to increase your apm. Commanders that have ways to get to the crystals quickly and/or can take a hit from a nuke without dying are great. Overlords with drop – use them.

Full-clearing the map will stop the props from spawning, but by then, you’ll probably have already beaten the mutation. You should clear the areas near the expos, but the further ones can be left alone.

Remember that the expo island is not completely safe from nukes and orbital strikes, so build your defenses closer to the cc/nexus/hatchery.

One base [and key points]

Abathur (p2) Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation #139: Doomsday Report - Abathur Solo (p2) [=Brutal+4] - YouTube [defend with toxic nests + guardians; attack with roaches and brutalisks (save gas for guardians; deep tunnel the roaches)]

Abathur (p3) Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation #139: Doomsday Report - Abathur Solo (p3) [=Brutal+4] - YouTube [same as p2, but with more brutalisks]

Vorazun (p3) Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation #139: Doomsday Report - Vorazun Solo (p3) [=Brutal+4] - YouTube [defend with stasis wards + cannons; attack with shadow guards, corsairs, and oracles]

Zeratul (p3) Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation #139: Doomsday Report - Zeratul Solo (p3) [=Brutal+4] - YouTube [defend with towers; spin to win]

Expo [and key points]

Alarak (p3) Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation #139: Doomsday Report - Alarak Solo (p3) [=Brutal+4] - YouTube [defend with wrathwalkers, alarak, and overcharge; attack with death fleet]

Artanis (p0) Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation #139: Doomsday Report - Artanis Solo (p0) [=Brutal+4] - YouTube [defend with dragoons + tempests; attack with dragoons]

Kerrigan (p3) Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation #139: Doomsday Report - Kerrigan Solo (p3) [=Brutal+4] - YouTube [defend with Kerrigan + lurkers and hydras; attack with Kerrigan + hydras; build omega wurms on low ground]

Dehaka (p2) Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation #139: Doomsday Report - Dehaka Solo (p2) [=Brutal+4] - YouTube [defend with primal wurms, guardians, impalers, and creeper hosts; attack with pack leaders]

Fenix (p3) [Commentary] Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation #139: Doomsday Report - Fenix Solo (p3) [=Brutal+4] - YouTube [defend with robo units; attack with gateway units; use arbiter to teleport a conservator to the battlefield]

HH (p3) Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation #139: Doomsday Report - Han and Horner Solo (p3) [=Brutal+4] - YouTube [defend with hellions; attack with strike fighters]

Karax (p3) Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation #139: Doomsday Report - Karax Solo (p3) [=Brutal+4] - YouTube [defend with static D; attack with carriers (or SoA + obs)]

Mengsk (p3) Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation #139: Doomsday Report - Mengsk Solo (p3) [=Brutal+4] - YouTube [defend with bunkers + aegis guard; attack with ESOs]

Nova (p3) Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation #139: Doomsday Report - Nova Solo (p3) [=Brutal+4] - YouTube [defend with liberators + tanks; attack with nova]

Raynor (p1) Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation #139: Doomsday Report - Raynor Solo (p1) [=Brutal+4] - YouTube [defend with infantry; attack with infantry]

Stetmann (p2) [Commentary] Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation #139: Doomsday Report - Stetmann Solo (p2) [=Brutal+4] - YouTube [defend with hydras (banes aren’t sustainable in the late game); attack with Super Gary]

Stukov (p1) Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation #139: Doomsday Report - Stukov Solo (p1) [=Brutal+4] - YouTube [defend with tanks; attack with diamondbacks]

Swann (p1) Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation #139: Doomsday Report - Swann Solo (p1) [=Brutal+4] - YouTube [defend with tanks + static D; attack with wraiths]

Tychus (p2) Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation #139: Doomsday Report - Tychus Solo (p2) [=Brutal+4] - YouTube [defend with sam and sirius; attack with tychus and sirius]

Zagara (p3) Starcraft 2 Co-op Mutation #139: Doomsday Report - Zagara Solo (p3) [=Brutal+4] - YouTube [defend with bile launchers and banes; attack with zagara]

Least stressful: Swann

Not recommended: Fenix, Stetmann

Easiest against random AI: Swann

Questions about any of these runs are welcome.

4 Likes

This was harder than I remembered when I first did it years ago.

But still managed to get it first try as Zeratul P3 with a Nova P3 partner

Propagator. urg.
Yeah, i’m giving this mutation a pass unless one of my old teammate suddenly comes back on, because i’m so not running random ally with props.

Oof. This should be interesting since I’ll be prestige leveling (a weaker commander for me) during the mutation. I may have to look for help from those who are far better than me instead of using the queue.

While i understand why you used Carriers here… please, do not use Carriers here. :stuck_out_tongue:

P1 Swann has got to be the best. You have slow Propagators, Turret Tank Defense reducing base management, and Cyclone/Wraith with Science Vessels that counters the other mutators. Not to mention warping workers which definately help here.

Phooey. I wish there was a rule that Propogators couldn’t enter this “safe zone” as well.

I’m sure we had 2 back-to-back CotW (CO-of-the-week), but this week is also Zagara’s time to shine!

Oof, think I’ll pass.

Having to go back and forth between your base/s, your attacking army and having to babysit the workers gathering minerals sounds like a big headache. Swann P1 sounds pretty good, but I haven’t prestiged him.

While I did a Propagator mutation in the past (think it was Void Launch), having Alarak and Wrathwalkers defend the base at home while the Death Fleet pushes was indeed pretty satisfying, but there were no Nukes, Orbital Strikes and Lava. Perhaps I’ll still give it a try out of curiosity, but I have a bad feeling about this. Taking the expansion also seems to give more troubles than benefits.

1 Like

It’s best done with team composition. A defender (e.g. Swann/Karax). An attacker with low unit count (e.g. Tycus, Nova).

Propagator is one of those mutations that just flat out make the game unenjoyable and unplayable for certain commanders. Hate it with a fiery passion. Pass for me every single time I see it.

1 Like

I think essentially every commander has a good answer to poops?

They do, but some players are carried on brutal so naturally they’ll have a really bad time on a pub queue brutation with poops