Co-Op Mutation #281: Field of Screams

Beat it twice on NA/EU with a friend using a sick combo of Swann P1 and Artanis P0.

AoE drill with faster lock-on made it super easy to clear my mines early on.

My friend who played Artanis went mass goons first time and mass tempest the second time. Both worked out pretty well, extra gas allows you to max out on tempest and goons with range are great at clearing mines from a safe distance.

Even for noobs like us with 20 apm it turned out to be super EZ :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Organized team game is usually much simpler than random public game. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I don’t know. All I know is that I’m going Karax p3 every game, walling off my ramp from the outside, watching my alarak opponent put his structure overcharge on cooldown from taking down my wall, and then sneak my probe into his base and make with the spear of adun like a madman with a box of firecrackers.

My finger on that Archon Drop button is twitching in anticipaton.

2 Likes

You have an excellent point, I didn’t think of Artanis and his instant super Archons. That’s my money down, and another good reason why it’s gonna be a mess if it does come up…

I don’t think that would hold a candle to karax p3. Once I see the other player is going arty p3, I’ll just send some probes to different parts of the maps and still bombard his base to oblivion and back. One pylon in an obscure location and one in his base. The archons are good but they have their limitations.

Artanis player can do the same. Then the game turns into a Whack-A-Pylon s***show, with the one to hide his Pylon the best getting the win.

lmao I can see that happening for sure😂

So with mind control that destroy the unit at the end of a timer, does it effectively provide a way to kill units otherwise immune?

This is outdated advice copy pasted from the 1st roll of the mutation, mind control doesn’t ignore polarity anymore.

Did it yesterday first try, luckily my partner wasn’t a complete goon.

The first mines where tricky tho

P2 stetman and p1 raynor

I really liked this one to be fair. It’s a true co-op where you have to work together, communicate well with eachother and plan a little ahead.

I finished it playing zeratul P3 (herald of the void) while my ally was playing Nova P1 (soldier of fortune). The second wave was actually the trickiest since a couple of mines still were burrowed damaging the bots early on so our defense had to be on point. After that we methodically cleared the map, attacked and defended together.

As long as you got a teammate that actually can communicate, this one really isn’t that bad and can be rated as a + or a +2 if we like to exagerate.

2 Likes

When you work well with someone it’s great, but sadly there’s quite a few players who either don’t know how to communicate or would need a carry. So actually polarity means that it’s harder for the better players to carry the weaker players.

Got it on first try, but that’s only because I got lucky with the ally I paired with. They understood the mutation and what needed to be done.

I was P3 Stukov and they were P3 (I think) Zera. They did a good job blanketing the area with observers. We both used pings just for the small stuff that we may have missed as the mission rolled along.

Ally went all cannons. For every attack wave, it was my hordes and their projected cannons mixed in which worked quite well.

Lost a bot, but overall it wasn’t too bad.

1 Like

At the very least, try pings.