Co-Op Mutation #263: Fowl Play

Your supply lines have been cut off, and you must work together with your ally in order to sustain your armies. Luckily, there is plenty of local wildlife to harvest. But proceed with caution. Who knows what a turkey is capable of when under threat?

Turkey Shoot - Supply can only be generated by killing turkeys that wander throughout the map. Doing so may anger the turkeys that remain.
Sharing is Caring - Supply is shared between you and your partner, and units from both armies contribute to your combined supply cap.

Rating:

Video Replays on Brutal difficulty:

Player 1                                   Player 2
[CtG Dominion Ghost] [Punisher Primal Contender]
[CtG Herald of the Void] [Lila Backwater Marshal]
[CtG Best Buddy] [Aommaster Shadow of Death]

Turkey Stats

Turkey

• 10HP
  • 8dmg (+8 vs structure)/1.5s
  • 2 move speed
  • Provides 2 supply when killed.

Infested Turkey

• 75/100/125/150HP on Casual/Normal/Hard/Brutal
  • 1 armor
  • Several spawn per car of the train, depending on difficulty level.
  • Does not provide supply when killed.

The Turking

• 2000/2500/4000/6000HP on Casual/Normal/Hard/Brutal
  • 0/2/15/30HP regen per second on Casual/Normal/Hard/Brutal
  • 3 armor
  • 3 move speed
  • 250dmg (+250vs structure)/2s
  • Has a Terrifying Gobble ability that casts Fear upon your units.
  • Does not provide supply when killed.

[ [Reddit Post Link]](Will add later)

Other Notes:

• Artanis, Nova, Dehaka, Tychus, and Zeratul’s supply buffs do not work for this mutation.
  • The combined starting available supply are 80/70/60/50 on Casual/Normal/Hard/Brutal difficulties, respectively.
  • Supply will slowly decrease based on how much supply you consume. The more supply on the field, the faster the supply available will deplete.
  • Units will incur a damage penalty when you exceed the available supply.
  • Players can only earn supply by killing regular turkey. Each turkey provides 2 supply.
  • A turkey spawns every 8 seconds. Killing trains also spawns turkeys.
  • Hostile Infested Turkeys spawn on some trains.
  • The Turking attacks after the 7th train is destroyed.

Commander of the Week: Commander of the week [Fowl Play] - Online Poll - StrawPoll.com
Mutation difficulty: https://www.youtube.com/post/Ugy9rqih8NCxy9TwDU54AaABCQ
Do you like this mutation? https://www.youtube.com/post/Ugwgwq5BV6NT0ADAonR4AaABCQ

Commander of the Week winner of last week:

Links:
Weekly Mutation Database
Maguro’s Mutation List
starcraft2coop.com

4 Likes

28,97,133 … this week 4th…
this week 1st clear Swann P2+Nova P1

Mutation (Fowl Play) play list.

:turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: - :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: - :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: - :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey:

5 Likes

This ought to be fun! The Turking seems amusing as all heck. x3

Turkey Shoot and Sharing is Caring are truly an inseparable pair of mutators. How is Turkey Shoot without Sharing is Caring even supposed to work? Will each player have to hunt their own food? These mutators should be merged into one.

(Try to remember Of One Mind and Getting Along in case you haven’t agreed with me already)

As a person who uses MM a lot, I ask to reconsider.

Turkey shoot mutation grants each player to exceed their own supply limit and a chance to form much larger death ball.
For me at least it has fun value to an extent.

You can play Karax P3 and forget the mutator even exists.

Hmm… trying to decide who would best best for this mutation and the The Horrible Hunger of the Ravenous Wattle Gobbler.

As tempted as I am to say Karax P1… infested turkeys might have something to say about that, perhaps I should go Nova P1 for this instead.

1st clear. Pretty easy. Nova P1 and Tychus P2.

An all-time classic.

1 Like

Wow, there are actually funny mutations out there?
Did it with Tychus P2.

Have to be careful not to let some angry/zombie turkeys into a base when hunting, unless you have a Karax/Swann/other defending ally putting static defenses all over, while keeping in mind birds are anti-structures.

The one that ended up facing the Turking was Vega. The beast was surprisingly powerful. I think if Vega had been alone (no mind-controlled puppets) and without manual control, she could really have been killed.

It’s usually the holiday ones. Christmas has free gifts and a naughty list, chinese new years has fireworks, halloween has people trying to get candy, etc.

I wonder if they could make a saint patricks one (well, theoretically).
At every 4 minutes or so your resource no longer gets collected and you have to chase a leprechaun to re-enable it.

There was also a April Fools one where you can fight one another with Co-op commanders.

Did it on first try as Nova P1 with Zagara P3 ally. Extremely easy brutation. Mass siege tanks and airstrikes made short work of all things. Even the Turking went down pretty quick. Hungry Hungry zerglings decimated many turkeys and kept the supply cap up.

Cleared it with P1 Karax and P1 Tychus ally in the first attempt.

Doing pretty well until I got caught off-guard by Infested Turkeys and many of my defensive structures got destroyed by it but in the end, still able to stabilize the entire game by building more monoliths, battery shields, and cannons.

The population and turkey hardly an issue as I don’t have armies, only 50+ probes so my ally can hog all the population he wants. The population was hovering around 250+ for most of the time.

Did this one first try, as P3 Stukov with an Abathur ally.

Needless to say, Ultimate Evolutions did tons of work, backed up by how lenient zombies are in general, as supply goes. The only real thing to have given us trouble was the Turking + Skyzerg, which can surprisingly melt Abathur’s empowered Zerg brood.

Still, we managed it, but ended up losing the second bonus train and my expo. Pretty fun, otherwise, and hardly unfair! The Infested Turkeys did require my calldowns, though, since I knew enough by experience to never let mutators get at your bases lol.

Might give it another whirl, given said fun factor. :3

Fun mutation. Beat twice with Swann P2, but I woefully underestimated the Infested Jive Turkeys. Dozens and dozens of them spawn off a train and they melt even mighty P2 / full mastery Flaming Betty’s with 560 hitpoints and 4 armor. Which kept things interesting.
Plan to try again if I can strategerize a way to mitigate that.

3rd time did Zeratul P2 and got 8 artifact shade projecting cannons. No Units other than Z.
With Karax P3 ally there was no need to think about supply.

Favourite map because I can’t keep up with speedrunners. :smiley: Its just more fun than other slow maps like Mist and Temple to me. Plan to try Mass BC Raynor P3 as well because there’s time to pull that off.

Stick to P0 and get more tanks. Kill 'em turkeys before they get close. It also means you’ve got more resources to get an army of wraiths to wreck the turking when he comes.

Blockquote[quote=“Caffeine-2856, post:18, topic:21779”]
Stick to P0 and get more tanks
[/quote]

I know you are right. I keep clinging to the idea of the P2 Uber turret defense. :grinning:
But two mutations ago temple of the past was the only time I’ve actually seen it perform like that.
I ended up scrapping together a sad group of a dozen tanks once I figured out that pure turret wasn’t just sub optimal, but was making me a major drag on my partner.
Thanks

Done as P1 Karax with a P0 Mengsk ally. Had to ignore the first bonus, though.