Co-Op Mutation #172: The Ascended

Your enemies have entered a state of frenzy as they rush to empower Amon’s champion. The adrenaline they gain from slaying your forces triggers unexpected transformations. Throw everything you have at them until Ji’nara is victorious!

Inspiration - Enemy Heroic units increase the attack speed and armor of all enemies within a small range.
Transmutation - Enemy units have a chance to transform into more powerful units whenever they deal damage.

Video Replays on Brutal difficulty:

Player 1                                   Player 2
[CtG(Zeratul)] Aommaster(Zagara)
[CtG(Raynor)] [Aommaster(Swann)]
[CtG(Abathur)] Windrunner(Kerrigan)
[CtG(Alarak)] Piky(Artanis)
[CtG(Stetmann)] Piky(Vorazun)
[CtG(Dehaka)] Iswald(Stukov)
[CtG(Tychus)] [Hunter(Nova)]
[CtG(Han and Horner)] [Hunter(Karax)]

[Reddit Post Link]

Transmutation Tiers:

Tier Unit
0 Broodling/Other units
1 Zergling, Marine, Baneling
2 Reaper, Zealot, Roach, Hellion, Widow Mine, Hellbat
3 Marauder, Firebat, Adept, Sentry, Hydralisk
4 Stalker, Dragoon, Mutalisk, Goliath, High Templar
5 Viking, Warhound, Phoenix, Infestor, Banshee, Scout, Viking
6 Siege Tank, Oracle, Cyclone, Ghost, Swarm Host, Lurker
7 Ravager, Immortal, Archon, Voidray, Disruptor, Liberator
8 Broodlord, Ultralisk, Battlecruiser, Thor, Carrier, Tempest, Reaver
9 Loki, Hybrid Nemesis, Hybrid Reaver, Hybrid Destroyer
10 Hybrid Behemoth, Hybrid Dominator

Other Notes:

• Whenever an enemy kills one of your units, it transforms. Avoid losing ANYTHING whenever possible.
  • Enemies transform into tiers based on the supply of the units they kill. An enemy that kills a Zealot (2 supply) will level two tiers.
  • Enemy units, upon transforming, return to full health. Make sure to focus the strong ones before they become Hybrid.
  • Inspiration provides +25% attack speed and +3 armor to enemy units within 5 radius of the Hyrbids.
  • Enemies immediately transform into a Tier 10 unit upon killing one of your heroic units.
  • Transmutated hybrids do not support Amon’s champion until they are within the supporting range of normal units.

Commander of the Week: https://www.strawpoll.me/18283273
Mutation difficulty: https://www.strawpoll.me/18283274
Do you like this mutation? https://www.strawpoll.me/18283275

Commander of the Week winner of last week:

Links:
Weekly Mutation Database
Maguro’s Mutation List
starcraft2coop.com
/r/starcraft2coop

6 Likes

Abathur Solo

4 Likes

Really miss propagators.

1 Like

hmm… soso. but Transmutation is dangerous.

#172 Mutation The Ascended play list…

1 Like

Stetmann infestors FTW, lol! Totally not what would seem logical when going against Transmutation.

3 Likes

Nova tychus cakewalk

1 Like

Quite an easy mutation, surprisingly. What is the most frustrating to those like me who liked old-styule Stukov play is the fact that poop-man can take on Transmutation by flooding the hybrids with free units.
#MakeStukovGreatAgain

6 Likes

Not really a CoTW since the mutation’s not hard, but Transmutation is the perfect example of where Vega for Tychus is VERY powerful.

Doesn’t matter what kind of late game units the enemy turns into, in fact the bigger the better, Vega just steals them. Who needs to kill something when you can just make it yours?

1 Like

Exactly!

My plan is to let the battlecruisers evolve into those big gunships and the steal them with Vega. Tychus will have then some new cool toys I guess and units you normally can’t get in Coop :facepunch:

1 Like

Haha, yeah, a fun way to play even if not the most efficient. Tychus certainly is one of the strongest this week since Transmutation doesn’t bother him.

P.S. Unless you let Amon wipe your squad. :rofl:

Easily done with H&H. Didn’t really feel like much of a mutation, other than I didn’t bother training any reapers, I played the map as usual, camping hybrid spawns with mag mines and clearing the encampments with the fleet.

Has to be the easiest mutation ive done so far. Amazing the difference in difficulty between something like this and a mutation with polarity.

1 Like

It’s not very difficult, true, but it can spiral out of control very fast, which makes it one of the slightly above average difficulty brutations in my book. First hybrid spawn can be tough, after that it should be smooth sailing.

It’s nice to play a mutation that’s not Polarity or annoying in another way.

6 Likes

Cleared the map with solo Nova, cleared objectives with ally and airstrikes

3 Likes

Pretty easy with Abathur. Had a Fenix ally. I went with ultimate evolutions, a few queens, and 5-6 vipers. The vipers were the MVPs lol.

1 Like

Can Tychus take control of Loki battlecruisers using Vega’s Dominate ability? I rarely use Vega, so I’ve never tried it.

I thought Lokis, Motherships, Leviathans and Brutalisks were all heroic units, and therefore invalid targets for mind control abilities. All of Amon’s Hybrid units are heroic, and can’t be mind controlled. Not 100% sure about the Loki, Mothership, Leviathan or Brutalisk, though; but I’ve never noticed anyone mind controlling any of those units on any maps that they appear on. Also, just to clarify, it’s only the Loki that can appear via Transmutation; the other units I mentioned don’t apply for the mutation, but they do appear on other maps such as Void Launch and Rifts to Korhal. Also… lol @ Ultralisks being immune to mind control.

Anyway, if I’m wrong about any of that, let me know. Thanks.

No!!!

No, Vega cannot mind control Heroic units, which includes the Hybrids. You want to time it so you capture units before they transmute to too high a level.

Yeah, didn’t think so. Would’ve been fun, if it was actually a thing, though.