Co-Op Mutation #164: Burning Evacuation

The infestation is creeping up fast, and is taking over your buildings. It makes the infested attacks grow more ferocious the more you hurt them, until they burst into flames. Keep your forces and the miners out of the fire!

Map: Miner Evacuation
Eminent Domain - Enemies gain control of your structures after destroying them.
Scorched Earth - Enemy units set the terrain on fire upon death.
Avenger - Enemy units gain increased attack speed, armor, and life when nearby enemy units die.

Reddit post: https://redd.it/c4ilh0

Video Replays on Brutal difficulty:

Player 1                                   Player 2
[CtG(Swann)] Espurr(Zagara)
[CtG(Kerrigan)] Spohky(Alarak)
[CtG(Zeratul)] Espurr(Vorazun)
[CtG(Stukov)] Mazso(Nova)
[CtG(Dehaka)] [Hunter(Tychus)]
[CtG(Han and Horner)] Espurr(Artanis)
[Hunter(Karax)] CtG(Swann)
[CtG(Stetmann)] [Hunter(Raynor)]
[CtG(Fenix)] [Hunter(Abathur)]

Notes:

• Avenger can buff units up to ten times, with each increasing HP and shields by 10%, life regen by 1 per second, armor by 0.3, and attack and movement speed by 10%.
  • Units that get the Avenger buff also grow in size to give players a visual indicator.
  • Mind-controlling/Reclaiming Avenger-buffed enemy units will cause them to lose the Avenger buff.
  • Amon steals Toxic Nests.
  • If you destroy your own building, Amon will also steal that building.
  • The fire left by Scorched Earth corresponds directly to the supply of units killed over a location. The more supply killed, the larger the fire.
  • Air units are immune from Scorched Earth.

Commander of the Week: https://www.strawpoll.me/18091522
Mutation difficulty: https://www.strawpoll.me/18091523
Do you like this mutation? https://www.strawpoll.me/18091524

Commander of the Week winner of last week: Zeratul, Tychus

6 Likes

Kerrigan Solo - FULL MAP CLEAR

6 Likes

Alarak&Kerrigan is good.

Alarak+Kerrigan

<><>#164 Mutation (Burning Evacuation) play list…<><>

2 Likes

Tip: you may intentionally block the shuttle with your structures then destroy them yourself to let Amon control them, so the enemy ground melee units will not reach the shuttle, then you may only need anti-air units against banshee. It is OK to leave one-space entrance for infested but not abberation, then have one unit to block it.

8 Likes

Beat it on the first attempt as Tychus and got H&H as partner.

Mostly a normal game in the end though we took our time and it did need plenty of firepower to kill off Avenger Hybrids. Nukes were saved for emergencies and they did exactly what was needed.

Blightbringer was annoying to kill as nearby dead infested provided Avenger stacks.

With Eminent Domain, can I just wall off the ships?

4 Likes

Kerrigan’s Nydus Worms aren’t subject to Eminent Domain I believe but it is still a good commander to use to block off the ship and tank damage.

I am not sure if CtG wants to add that? Or did I miss the patch change… because just did a game with her and it didn’t turn enemy.

Finished it with Stetmann’s Mass Festors + Fenix Mass Carriers ally. Got all my infestors killed at the final wave, but other than that, it was smooth sailing. Can’t micro at all with the Stetlag.

Beat it with Nova and ally took Dehaka. Very simple mutation. Tanks, Libs and ravens… nothing more to it. Air strikes like always are very handy for the attack waves. You can kill all transport vessels before they release their cargo so you don’t have to worry about avenger stacks.

Next week heroes from the storm…. That will be good fun :partying_face::call_me_hand::+1:

None of these mutations do anything significant to change how effective Siege Tanks are on this map. That makes Nova, Raynor and especially Swann all really strong picks this week.

Cake walk of a mutation week overall.

Tychus tip I just stole from watching Hunter:

Kill your own low HP turrets and things, then Amon doesn’t get them.

It’s petty I know, but we’re gonna do anything to annoy Amon!

Hmmm is that a replay or are you using a sub recorder? :thinking:

Heh, I just soloed brutation as well, tho I wasn’t being fancy for the camera and captured all 4 bases using my alt’s units. Easy brutation all around.

Warning: if any commander uses Stetmann, there’s a reported but unfixed bug. When any of his tech building is destroyed then controlled by Amon, the enemy has about 1000 parts of such units, then spawn a big waves of them immediately, which may cause the whole game.

However, someone may take advantage if the partner is Kerrigan, Abathur or Dehaka for a large amount of biomass/essence/resource by killing the spawned units. It is suggest to destroy mech infest pit intentionally first because enemy does not know how to use spawned mech infestors. Mech spire may work too because corruptors could not attack ground.

2 Likes

Done as Alarak with my buddy playing Tychus.
Got Blightbringer, but somehow was so distracted by something else that I didn’t notice the Eradicators leaving, whoops.

Obviously I had Ascendants, but also some Vanguards and Wrathwalkers. With the upgrades, I actually like Vanguards.

1 Like

Done random ally with mass dragoon call down HT. Very easy muta this week.

Had to solo as Swann when ally left. Mass tank, gg.

This is Co-Op Mutation #350

1 Like

Like I said, Alarak P3 will take care of the infested, just brave the eminent domain and scorched earth attacks. Profit.

Does this bug still exist? Could be fun as Dehaka, Abathur, Kerrigan or I guess Mengsk.