Co-op Mission Update - June 13th, 2019

Well, if we’re talking about Stukov’s Queens then I am pretty sure they can target the heroic units.

Kind of makes me think about the upcoming Heroes of the Storm… it would make it that much easier to kill them… hmmmm

Amon is still failing over and over.
He need more powerful army.
Just like Terran mercenary, Zerg Hunter killer, Omegalisk, and Taldarim Protoss.

I can second on the whole brainless commander bit, since they aren’t fun to play since their so op anyway, granted nova can get shut down if a wave connects with her, ive seen that and had it happen to me, tychus and zeratul are the real problems, since they both have a strong start that just rolls further downhill (for amon), and aba is still strong, but they are toning him down a little at a time

If they are adding the queen, if its like stukovs queen, its going to hurt certain comps, but the spawn broodling doesn’t kill heroics outright if im not mistaken from the previous patch

Hell yeah. Now Amon full skin pack for every race and greateness would be complete!

1 Like

Thank you for making Brutal more difficult; it is appreciate. Also, thanks for still caring about coop and its future.
I look forward to playing SC till a third SC title comes out. (hopefully)

3 Likes

Taldarim Protoss would definitely make sense, given that they were Amon’s to begin with until Alarak rebelled. Co-op has already drifted into ‘alternate universe’ territory with Tychus and Zeratul, so it wouldn’t be hard to justify having both Alarak and Amon-following Taldarim at the same time. Just give Alarak some special lines when facing Taldarim compositions.

2 Likes

Nice to see work being done on co-op. I’d like to suggest allowing players to gain experience from beating mutations with different commanders and against different enemy compositions. I think we’re up to 17 commanders and 19 enemy compositions right now. This would give us 17 * 19 = 323 games every week from which we could gain experience. I’d have more motivation to play if it worked like that.

1 Like

Don’t forget the 17^2 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: 5491 unique experience of mass slaughter.

That would require paying for De Lancie to come in which they’re not going to do just for that. If we ever get another mission pack then maybe they could throw that line in the recording booth.

I can see the callout being very helpful to comms like Fenix. He has tons of potential builds, and some of them are useless against some of the new comps.

He doesn’t need special lines … they are still Protoss after all

1 Like

Hello,

The enemy compositions are bugged again the same way like before. At least on the EU server. Could you please fix this asap?

Best regards,
Mazso

1 Like

Why compare mutas to immortals? Mass stalker is faster than mutas and wrecks any map. All you need is 1 Stargate and Chrono stalkers out all game long. Cost per unit is more similar than immortals and you can build them within a couple of minutes from starting a game.

I could say the same in return lol. Why compare stalkers to mutas? Why compare stalkers to immortals? They all do different things. I do agree that Zeratul Stalkers can pull off a faster kill speed overall than Immortals though ofc, but they are also MUCH squishier and vulnerable to being heavily punished by various Terran and Protoss compositions.

To address your question though - because Kerrigan mutas are a far superior deathball to Zeratul immortals or stalkers. Simple as that. You can max them out faster and they kill waves and bases alike faster and more safely. They do take longer to come online, though not by a lot with mastery, but they also happen to be attached to friggin’ Kerrigan so that buildup is not exactly a challenge lol.

The cost of stalkers is more comparable to cost of mutas, that’s why I compared them.

How are mutas less vulnerable to seeker missile and storms than stalkers? It is the other way around. I think you contradict yourself.

I also think stalkers are faster to max than mutas, by 4 min I have 3 stalkers, you would have no mutas yet. As time goes by and you tech up/ upgrade/ save for mass mutas I already at max stalkers and game is over.

My point is that “death ball” is only as good as the player and you cant compare late game units with early/mid when talking about speed of clearing maps. You could clear the map with Keri and zerlings faster than waiting for mutas.

Whoa, lighten up a little over there. Getting hostile pretty quickly.

Kerrigan attached to mutas clear a lot faster than Stalkers. While you’re waiting for your blink to come off it’s main cooldown (not the 2 additional dodges you can do that do not trigger the dps skill) you’re far more susseptible to damage and attacks than a Kerrigan who is backing her mutas. Not only can she stun the entire area and provide heavy instant kills to any unit endangering the mutas (while they are attacking), but her mutas can constantly attack and sustain.

Where as Stalkers either hit and run or stay and find out what that back line of Vipers/Reavers can do to them. Ground is a lot more susceptible to wipes and damage than air. Not to mention Stalkers cannot possibly have the cover fire Kerrigan can dish out and leap across screens distances away to eliminate any targets that would otherwise aoe or wipe the mutas.

Enemy compositions are still broken on EU server … same 3 compositions everytime.

So what now? Another month of the same 3 compositions until you finally come around to maybe fix it?

The sheer incompetence of the co-op team is fracking baffling.

1 Like

Very good news, good update. But please, Blizzard, add MORE MAPS! Two, at least. And ignor-list for 2-3 maps.

Hey man, NA is where it is at. Majority of the co-op community is there. Bring a seat, plug in your internet, and join the party. :sunglasses: