Co-op Mission Update - June 13th, 2019

I really like the composition callouts change.

It will make games a lot more fun to try and go for specific unconventional units to try and counter Amon’s armies.

I really do love the addition of the two new Brood War comps per race in addition to the new researches taking effect for enemies, and I really hope this opens the door later to even more new enemy compositions, based on the different factions.

It would be neat to get a Taldarim comp for Protoss, for example, with enemy Vanguards, Wrathwalkers, Destroyers, and enemy Ascendants (who could sacrifice zealots in accompanying waves to regain energy). Said comp could then come with time-specific researches, such as Aerial Tracking, Fusion Mortars, and the such.

1 Like

I just realised, Brutal mutations will become tough, no? :sweat_smile:

Many things will likely be different. I deeply suspect the revamp changes that made some builds more viable will be erased due to this change.

Brutations will be harder especially with certain combinations that generically forces a longer game. *I am looking at you Just Die and Oblivion Express

Amon’s Protoss comps need the biggest buff. Please consider adding more upgrades such as shadow fury, annihilation cannon, purification nova, repair drones, etc.

Is it me or are these changes only on a couple of maps? I don’t think amon is on all of the missions.

Is it me or are these changes only on a couple of maps? I don’t think amon is on all of the missions.

I think they referred to Amon as a generic enemy but guess they meant all maps actually w/o being literal.

1 Like

Thank you for new update for attack waves.
Hi. I am Korean SC2 user.
May I suggest a new Taldarim attack wave?
It is hard to see Taldarim’s air unit. So I suggest to this.
I expect to more powerful attack wave and Amons follower or whatever.
And I hope for Heroes from the storm mutator add to a new powerful enemy boss like Odin and Stukov, ghost Kerrigan, or whatever.
Last, I suggest to new Terran boss unit in the Lift to korhal mission.
Zerg has a two Brutalisk and Leviathan. Protoss has a one Mothership.
But Terran is nothing.
Personally, I hope it will be Odin or Gorgon battlecruser.
Everything is your choice Amon.

3 Likes

The thought of losing the entire screen of units to BRB as enemy Odin rolls out is hilarious.

Cool suggestion but I think not many will be well equipped to deal with it quickly enough. Heroes of the Storm is already among the harder mutators. This one takes the cake.

1 Like

The Odin should have the same nuke as Tychus :smiley:

Cool :smiley:
i wish there was a harder difficulty than brutal though. sure, the mutation helps with that, but the bonus is just once a week…
in so many maps on brutal you stay still waiting for the next wave to spawn with nothing to do

Since you’re still doing co-op tweaks and buffing difficulty, could you add speed increase options when playing with friends below Brutal? I’m not asking for any more exp for the marginal difficulty increase that brings but the game speed when power leveling a friend at low levels is just agonizing at this point.

1 Like

These commanders were nerfed because the old head of commander design decided it would be better to nerf the overperforming heroes instead of bring weaker heroes up to a new commander standard. Kevin and the team is doing the exact opposite, making all of the commanders more powerful because there’s really not a reason to not do so.

You also can’t just take the 10 health from Combat Shield at face value, either, especially since Armor Upgrade 3 reduces damage taken by 3 for Marines. Going from 45 to 55 health is a big difference when you factor in the armor, and since Marines are almost always going to be accompanied by a Medic or Medivac, suddenly Amon’s Marines have a lot more staying power in addition to being more of a threat with Stim.

Biggest issue with co-op has always been the fact that the enemy AI only ever upgrades their armor and weapons, and never researched any other upgrades aside from those.

1 Like

Hi Kevin Dong!
Thanks for your great work, these tech upgrades make combat much more challenging.
Here is a list of available upgrades from versus and campaign, how about unlock them for Amon?

Protoss

Adept
Resonating Glaives

Dark Templar
Shadow Stride

Observer
Gravitic Boosters

Warp Prism
Gravitic Drive

Reaver
Increased Reaver Capacity ; Scarab Damage

Scout
Apial Sensors ; Gravitic Thrusters

Phoenix
Anion Pulse-Crystals

Void Ray
Flux Vanes

Carrier
Graviton Catapult

Zerg

Baneling
Centrifugal Hooks

Hydralisk
Grooved Spines

Lurker
Seismic Spines ; Adaptive Talons

Ultralisk
Anabolic Synthesis

Terran

Reaper
Nitro Packs

Firebat
Juggernaut Plating

Widow Mine
Drilling Claws

Vulture
Ion Thrusters

Diamondback
Tri-Lithium Power Cell

Goliath
Charon Boosters

Cyclone
Mag-Field Launchers / Mag-Field Accelerator / Rapid Fire Launchers

Viking
Jotun Boosters / Phobos-Class Weapons System

Banshee
Hyperflight Rotors

Liberator
Advanced Ballistics

Raven
Durable Materials / Explosive Shrapnel Shells / Recalibrated Explosives

Engineering Bay & Tech Lab
Hi-Sec Auto Tracking ; Structure Armor ; Smart Servos

5 Likes

These are all upgrades from sc1 or sc2?

give this guy a medal :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’ve seen that the old zerg queen will be added to the army comp. Will it ever use spawn broodlings? If so it would be disastrous to elite commanders like Nova.

Very interesting, I approve.

Suddenly I had the pleasant image of a 4k hp Dehaka going poof and 2 little tiny itty bitty broodlings coming out of his carcass.

1 Like

My thought exactly.
Maybe nova can sacrifice hellions/hellbats. Put them infront to absorb the ability. Take one for the team.

I dont think the ability can target heroic units. That would be broken.