Co-op disconnects after about 5 minutes

This issue comes and goes, usually if I reset my modem and/or router, but lately nothing is helping it. I’ll start a game of co-op, and it’s running perfectly, and then, around maybe 5 to 10 minutes, the connection seems to just drop. I’m presented with the Surrender button, which doesn’t go away, and when I hit it, I can’t even see the game results, but I’m still connected to the servers.

What’s wrong here?

i experienced it when i was running the game on higher settings than the game supported for my hardware. please upload your dxdiag so that i can see what hardware it is you have.

Hey, Jesentra! Question for you, do you have a Netgear router?

We’re seeing issues with Netgear routers and Comcast/Spectrum causing disconnections after 5 minutes or so. We’re gathering reports and information on that thread :slight_smile:

As far as my hardware, I don’t wish to post a dxdiag, due to the sheer size of it, but it includes a GTX 1080, 32 GB of ram, and an intel i7-6700K. I very much meet the required specs.

I actually have a Linksys, but Comcast is indeed my service provider. I also just captured a WinTMR recently, if you need it.

please do not be stubborn, post your dxdiag. blizzard bans users that refuse to do so, they banned me for 3 days.

@ Jesentra, if you could include a WinMTR test, we can compare the data we’ve seen with the Netgear issue. It may be specific to ISP issues or another concern that we need to look into, since we’re still gathering reports on the “attempting to reconnect” issue.

A DxDiag is not always necessary, such as connection issues, but often requested if it is needed to diagnose an issue. Actions wouldn’t be applied for not providing one, but for other concerns that violate the Code of Conduct.

In this situation, it likely isn’t necessary to provide a DxDiag as it is probably apart of the Comcast/Spectrum/Netgear router issue that we’re currently tracking. If there is concerns with posting the DxDiag file on the forums, even just due to the size of the file or for privacy concerns, our technical support can be contacted directly to work with you individually.

This is a pretty old convo but, I’ve had success with setting up my computer as the DMZ and playing sc2. i wont get random Disconnects when i do that. However, I can’t recommend you do this… if you’re really desperate to play, you can get a new router… or if thats not an option, just make a quick batch file to swap to the dmz ip address and then out when ur done playing. = /

Uh, also just found this hxxps://community.netgear.com/t5/General-WiFi-Routers-Non/Starcraft-II-disconnects-every-time-only-with-router/td-p/1305487