Co-op commanders compared to advance wars commanders

this is just meant as a fun topic, nothing serious. i am working on comparing the co-op commanders to the commanders in the advance wars series. i have not compared co powers, that comes in another post.
kanbei=nova and horner both have expensive and more powerful units.
hachi =fenix both have normal strength units which cost less.
grim =stetmann normal cost units that is good offensivly but easily killed.
that is all i have for now.

1 Like

Wish I knew what advance wars is. I’ll google it when I go to the PC.

advance wars is a turn based strategy game released on the gameboy advance. it had 2 sequels(advance wars 2 and advance wars dual strike) and 1 spin off(advance wars dark conflict/days of ruin).

3 Likes

I’ve only ever played the first 2 for GBA. Have not played the one for GBC, nor DS, nor any after that.

Andy = generally well rounded with temporary stat boosts via his CO power | probably the “starting 3”, kerr, Ray, Art

Grit = weak at melee, excels at ranged | …

Max = excels with non-artillery, but awful at ranged | I’m drawing at straws here, but probably Tychus

Sturm = “boss CO” | character-wise, Amon given they both have a “duper god complex”. Otherwise, Zeratul since they’re both OP. Actually, I’d deem Zeratul to be more OP, but Sturm is still a cut above the rest of the COs of Advance Wars

Adder = He has a relatively mediocre CO power, but it fills up quickly | Zagara. She’s quick, but is more lacking in raw power

Fun fact… the Advance Wars games are the reason I use “CO” as the abbreviation for Commander :slight_smile:

1 Like

i have mostly played the ones that are in english which started with advance wars(the previous ones was in japanese) but, i did try them. this topic however is about starcraft 2 COs in comparison to advance wars COs. when it comes to comparing CO powers the list is completely different.
swann or raynor or zagara=sensei both can quickly deploy units as part of their co power.
artanis=pretty much all because of his defensive power.
raynor=sonja because of his sensor sweep which only he have.
that is all for now. i am out of ideas. if you have some comparisons, please post them.