Co-Op Commander Prestige selectable in Game

Hello Blizzard and Blizzard community, after the latest update I have had the pleasure of relvling my heroes and get to play with them differently seeing Karax not just as a defensive hero or having double Dehaka or even the one man army of Zeratul and so on… I have loved the changes but there is a tiny problem specially with commanders like Karax their prestiges can change them entirely and when I join random missions that can be problematic so I thought to come here and ask for some changes, I’m not asking for change or prestige what I want is to be able to select my prestige in game rather than before the game. We could enter the game paused and have 30 seconds to choose a prestige effect and it would be even greater if we could make a deck like master points like when I select P1 in game my mastery points are pre set to sth I chose and made before the game and P2 is different.

3 Likes

I really like the idea of getting to change mastery and prestige in game (post loading, before mission), like M’s maps.

However, I think it has to be a party function only. I can foresee random queue with a long 30-60sec being fully wasted waiting on an indecisive or afk partner.

3 Likes

True and honestly I would like this feature for brutal 1 and above.

This is a good idea.

Like u r playing p2 Karax and ended up in dead of night, then u ask ur partner “can u defend?” :joy: still not use to having a Karax asking me to defend.

Maybe not the first 30 seconds but the first 3-4 mins of the game? Or after u found out what enemy comp is. The drawbacks maybe some units, structures or abilities become unavailable after u switch.

1 Like

True the same thing actually happened It was a B2 DoN and well my friend came with Kerrigan and I was like dude can u def I have nothing :joy::joy::joy: we lost that match cause zerg are not the best at defence.

1 Like

I’m afraid changing it after game started just won’t work properly. So no adjusting to enemy comp (or it need to be known from the start and not after first contact, though I feel it be oversimplifying).
But being able to adjust to map and mutators would be really nice indeed.

2 Likes

Way to miss the point of random map.

1 Like

This is something I always wanted before for adjusting Masteries, but never really thought it would get implemented since it isn’t enough of a reason to add, but with Prestiges now in the game, it’s a whole other story.

It would be a truly good idea to have a short 15 second period before the game starts to change Mastery and Prestige loadout, or just ready up and play immediately if both are already ready.

The groundwork is already there, after all, as the game already does something similar for Custom Mutation, to select mutators, game speed, and even chat. Getting a similar menu for swapping Prestige and Mastery choices would be quite handy. Get an offense map but are playing Karax? No problem, you can just change to Templar Apparent before the game starts.

2 Likes

But why though? Even if you get something like DoN as Karax, fire lance colossus with their insane 9 range are every bit as good as the cannons he doesn’t have at P2. In fact, I’d say DoN is even easier to defend with a handful of colossus at every entry way with a few energizers and shield batteries. His P2 is so good his P1 and P3 are almost worthless in comparison, imho. The only time you’d ever want P1 is if you’re doing a specific mutation, at which point you’d be selecting that before hitting the ready button anyway.

1 Like

It’s not about the fact that one can’t def it’s more about that one can’t atk, imagine u’re karax AoW and well it’s an aggressive map where the enemy doesn’t atk u much and u need to explore the whole map AoW’s units are very weak compared to TA. Yes u can still atk at late game but early game I just feel useless besides this would make the game more fun and gives players a choice to do different strategies on different maps