Cant update / install game - Not supported WIN10 feature

Dear SC2 Team,

there is a bug with SC2 on Windows 10 computers when the “My Documents” folder is not located in its standard folder location (C:\Users\XXX\Documents)

As you may know Windows 10 allows the user to locate the My Documents folder in any given location, either locally or remote (eg on a Computer in your Home Network like a NAS etc.)
In the latter case, the installation / update of the game fails returning different error messages (e.g. to log in as administrator etc. which none of solves the issue).
Once I move the “My Documents” Folder back to its default location the update / installation runs without a problem. I noticed that other Blizzard games like Diablo 3 do not have any issues with this type of setup so this is related to SC2

Thanks for taking care of this

Dear SC2 Team,

by when can i expect a answer on my question?

Thanks and best

My folder is not on standard location (it’s on E:) and it work.
It may be your specific location that is wrong somehow?

no it is a network location which is not wrong. It is working properly on all programs, even other Blizzard games like Diablo 3. Only SC2 is not supporting this correct which is why I reported this as bug but havent received any sufficient reply so far

Blizzard any update on this? I am very keen in understanding the issue. So please let me know what this issue is related to or until when it gets fixed. I did not find anything related to this issue on the blizzard pages nor in the forum

Thanks for providing me with an update