Can't login to Starcraft 2

Not sure if I’m in the right area for this, but here is my issue.

Been playing D2 lately so I wasn’t directly on the Blizzard app, and last night wanted to played SC2. The app login was in just fine, and I executed SC2 and got into the login screen there just before the SC2 main menu.

I go to login my name and password and it starts to process and I get this message in an orange gold window “ERROR Battle.net is down for maintenance. Please try again later.” I update my password, but I continue to get the same error message 12 hours later this morning.

I googled it but all I could find was a few others saying they couldn’t log in and some blamed it on high downloads on the server for another Blizzard game.

I’m from Canada, east coast, if that helps and I’m defaulted on the USA/Canada region servers.

Hey, OneEyedCrow! We have a few threads that about the Maintenance error. There’s been some confirmation that reinstalling StarCraft 2 helps fix the issue. There’s a few additional suggestions here if the problem persists or reinstalling isn’t an ideal step to try first:

Problem solved. I love you.

Glad to hear, OneEyedCrow! Happy gaming :slight_smile:

1 Like

i tried all these steps an still cant get in

Hey ShazamSPL,

This thread was back when the PTR executable was interfering with the main SC2 game. What’s been going on recently is a different issue.

Bliz is using this thread to track reports and provide any updates.