Can't Install on MAC - How much space is needed?

I have 138 Gigs left on my MACBook Pro Hard Drive and when trying to install, I get an error of “insufficient disk space 28.10Gigs” How big is this game? Anyone know why I am getting this error?

It’s 25.75 gigabytes… Not 257.5 gigabytes :slight_smile:

So I should have plenty of space on my computer for the game to install… Anyone from Tech Support want to chime in too?

I’ve run into something like this before. For me, it was caused by a difference in how much space is free as reported by macOS (like in the Finder “Get Info” window) versus how much is free as reported by some other system utility such as df (in a terminal window, enter the command “df -h /”). The Blizzard installer seems to use df or something similar to estimate size, so if that says there’s not enough room the game won’t install. I think in my case there was extra room being taken up by local Time Machine snapshots which wasn’t accounted for in the Finder.

All that being said, I’m not sure this will be the same as your problem, because I wouldn’t expect those snapshots to take up an extra 100+ gigs.

Hey there, HollaBack! Hopefully, you were able to get StarCraft II installed by now. It’s possible that the spotlight index may not be showing correctly causing this error. Rebuilding the Spotlight Index can help. If it continues to give the error, could you contact our Technical Support team with the System Reports files so that we can manually check on what’s going on?

My install folder occupies 62.62 gigs (I have some mods of course)

The SC2Data inside the install folder occupies 55.34 gigs… a lot, but very well use it.