Can people not be toxic?

Encountering more and more toxic allies. Can people just chill out and play and keep the snide comments to themselves?

1 Like

What region? I’m on Americas (or NA?), play about 1 to 3 games per day, and haven’t gotten anybody to be truly toxic. At worst, I or we both **** up, and just either shrug it off, post in chat “damn”, and just gg anyways

6 Likes

My experience is that I only get snide comments after I choose a higher skill level commander that I havent played for a while and go into brutal+ or similar and play poorly leading to a loss.

2 Likes

So toxic! Blizzard doesn’t care, all they need to do is allow for a setting for chat to be off all the time. I’m shocked the abuse they allow… just think what it’s teaching our children.

NA. I used to get one person every 30-50 games or so, but I’ve had 3-5 in the last month. And it’s getting really frustrating.

That’s not very much, but I do understand any is frustrating.

Just remember that you won’t see them again likely. Don’t let it bother you this much.

Also, to keep it fair, make sure you’re not doing something, such as joining higher level and getting carried, or letting waves slip by, etc.

Here’s the thing, when you join a brutal game, make damn sure that you can actually play on brutal. I have to admit, I can be toxic myself but only to people who does or has one or more of the following:

1. Join the game and afk for more than 10 sec or even well over 1 min.
  2. Play a commander he is not familiar with on a brutal game expecting to get carried.
  3. Completely ignores objective.
  4. Takes my expo that I cleared myself and doesnt want to wait for his.
  5. Ignores ping.
  6. Terrible map awareness.
  7. Cant play brutal.
  8. Doesnt contribute his fair share of objective, which leads to no.9
  9. Selfish players. (Dead of Night is a good example, I’ve encountered plenty of players on this map refusing to defend his entrance. I’ve also encountered karax or swann players who said they will do the defending but doesnt defend all 4 entrances.)
  10. And finally last but not least, expecting to get carried.
2 Likes

Feels like you could have made 3 points but instead stretched it out to 10?

If you find yourself getting toxic when confronted with some of these behaviours perhaps you could look at yourself first? If you cant carry a Brutal game with a max level commander perhaps you are the one that is lacking?

Overall though, we all have different skill levels and we all have good and bad days, no reason we can’t be positive and support each other and leave the toxic behaviour out of it!

1 Like

please don’t listen to terry

1 Like

I had a game on mist opportunities like that last night. We just totally lost track of the bots, and lost, unnecessarily. It wasn’t we couldn’t handle the attack waves or were AFK. We just had poor map awareness.

So we just shrugged it off and gg .

This happened somewhat recently. I got lost in my macro, and the 2nd bot died. He gave a “wtf!?”. I mentioned that sometimes, stuff like this happens. He countered that you can see everything coming at you (I guess he was implying it shouldn’t have happened?). Checked the replay, and I was indeed closer to it, so it should’ve been on me. He even typed a “gl hf” at the start of the game. I don’t doubt he wasn’t sincere with that. Probably just surprised that I missed an attack wave despite it being on the mini map [shrug]

Oh well, live and learn.

I’m probably lucky then, because I haven’t met anyone who’s toxic. I have more encounters with people who remained silent the entire time, doesn’t discuss strategy or address waves/objectives, which unnerves me.

there can be reasons for ignoring an ally’s ping, like for example I would ignore my ally’s incessant pinging if I feel that they are overreacting or that my current course of action is better than what they are suggesting I do.

apart from that the other things you’ve listed are mildly annoying but I get over it and still try to have an enjoyable time with the game. it’s not like these minor things matter in brutal difficulty.

1 Like

Only reason I will respond to ping is if we are doing a mutation . For standard brutal I’m completing the mission my own way, even if I do it alone. If my ally wants to push an objective only half ready, he can go ahead lose half his army.

It’s these selfish type of sentiments that breeds more annoyances, which this post is talking about exactly.

If ppl just bothered to spend 5sec to type a simple message here and there, none of these will happen.

Yet, we can see many different perspectives and takes, which can all be summed up into “I do my thing, screw the other guy [*insert ‘not knowing better’, ‘shoulda known better’, ‘it’s brutal chill’, etc.].

Ironically, if ppl were/are apparently as everyone believes themselves to be. Seems to me, spending a total of 30sec perhaps at most in intervals of 3-5sec typing a few simple messages shouldn’t be an issue. Controversial take, I know…

Ok, I just met my first toxic player, opened the game with, “Sorry, F you.”

Maybe he’s just mad at the map we got, but that doesn’t seem necessary.

1 Like

In a trio of instances, my allies have clarified that their alt button stuck :slight_smile:

Today, I met someone so toxic, his latest achievement was…ToxicityAbathur achievement.
Not sure if he decided to be true to it or something?

1 Like

I had a Tychus player while playing Abathur on Temple of the Past. I had mines placed down and he killed all the enemy waves before they hit. I just pinged a nest and said “I get more biomass if they hit my mines.”

Then the waves that spawned on my end of the map came to. I had mines set up and he used the drop ship to take care of my waves again before the nests hit. So I just made a bunch of overlords and had them follow his units around. He started killing them all. So I took my brutalisks and started taking out his bases.

I distracted him so much with him killing my units, the temple got destroyed. He raged, called me names, and I replied “Perfection.”

3 Likes

Sounds like both of you 0 capacity to coop. Something so little on either party can seemingly trigger the other to do all these dumb behaviours.

In the end, you both have only yourselves to blame, lol.

3 Likes