Campaign Menus screwed up - any advice?

Was replaying some campaign. I loaded a saved game in “Harvest of Screams” from immediately before this latest patch - was informed in-game that if I loaded the game, achievements would be disabled until I move on to the next mission, since that saved game was in a previous version. Well, I already have all original Heart of the Swarm achievements, plus the 10th anniversary one for “Harvest of Screams,” so I didn’t care. I just kept playing, finished the Kaldir storyline.

Now, my campaign menus are effed up. If I click “Heart of the Swarm”, it still shows “Harvest of Screams” as my last mission. If I click “Wings of Liberty,” my last campaign’s completed playthrough is gone and it displays my accurate “Heart of the Swarm” progress - there next to the image of Raynor, it talks about how “Enemy Within” was my last mission, and if I click “Continue,” it takes me to my correct spot within my latest Heart of the Swarm playthrough - not to the Wings of Liberty archives as it’s supposed to.

I apparently can’t post screenshots on here, so just use your imagination. Basically, where the menu within Wings of Liberty SHOULD say “Wings of Liberty Completed!” and “26/26” etc., and where clicking “Continue” takes you to your Wings of Liberty mission archives…

… instead it displays Heart of the Swarm campaign progress, though it still depicts Raynor.

And clicking “Continue” takes me to the Heart of the Swarm campaign (to the correct spot in my progress).

Anyone else ever had this issue? I know it was patch bu11$h1t that caused it, because when I continued within after completing pre-patch “Harvest of Screams” - thus hypothetically re-linking my campaign up with 5.0.3. - Battle.net forced me to manually log back in to everything (which it doesn’t normally do).

So I don’t know what exactly to do. I do have another computer I’ve got SCII installed on - maybe load it up there, and see if it remembers my old Wings of Liberty campaign progress? I don’t save campaign saved games - it’s all auto-saves - so that computer shouldn’t have any local files of this Heart of the Swarm playthrough… I dunno.

You likely want to post this on the support forum, but if you haven’t already, I’d try verifying your game files via the Blizzard Battle.net Desktop App.

1 Like

That didn’t work. But thanks for the idea - the support forum… will do! Appreciate it.

1 Like

Good luck, and let us know how things go!

1 Like

Thanks! I think I figured out why it happened. Only WoL is free, and when I finished “Harvest of Screams” offline, I wasn’t technically logged in - at that exact moment - to any account, so I guess the only campaign progress file the game had access to was therefore WoL - so it overwrote that progress file even though I was playing a HotS mission.

No big deal; every so often I replay the campaigns, anyway. For now, I downloaded some other folks’ WoL saved games and will just re-generate a WoL archive (in whatever order) by playing a mission or two from those saved games.

1 Like