Campaign and Every Single Achievement

I hope this thread doesn’t get removed, or deleted.

I just have to ask everyone who has played the campaign… I’ve been playing the campaign on and off since 2010

And no matter what i do, I cannot, and i repeat I cannot… get all the achievements.

I’ve studied Replays, Youtube Videos, and i just can’t do it… and it’s depressing me… Knowing everyone who plays his game… has them.

Whenever i bring this up in the game, people laugh at me, and tell me to get good.

Now… what i also wanna know… why are they allowed to harass people.

Every individual is different, Everyone has different things they’re good at… so why are people allowed to laugh at you, when you ask for help about getting all the achievements.

What really upsets me about this game… Half of the achievements require time.

you realize once you get a base, start mining, and training units… half the time is gone… so you barely have any time left over to do what the achievements ask.

So my question is… why doesn’t the company just not make achievements “time based” you realize people aren’t all the same… But when i try to explain that… Developers or Blizzard Staff look at this, and delete my posts…

Games are suppose to be fun… make you feel good about yourself… But for me… 9 yrs of playing this game, and i still can’t get the achievements… it’s rather depressing when you think about it.

Again nobody’s perfect, and nobody is the same… so how can the developers expect everyone to get them all… I just wish they weren’t so difficult.

I’ll give you an example of an achievement, i need to get, but i keep failing.

It’s a Heart of the Swarm campaign, you need to kill every Terran Structure within 14 minutes… Now you might think "EZ… THIS GUY IS A MORON "

It’s not easy… if i go out and try to attempt this, i lose my base to a mass that comes after me. If i stay in my base, i can’t kill the structures…

I just dunno all i know is… this game really lowers my self esteem, and makes me feel bad about myself… all because of some achievement that is timed…

I just wish the creators of the game weren’t so… trollish, or non understanding of how people play.

I guess in the long run… if i haven’t been able to get them in 9 yrs… I guess i’ll never get them… How that is fair to me, i really don’t know… but it is sad that… people don’t have any true understanding of each other, and laugh at other’s who fail to succeed… I just don’t get this game…

Maybe i should find another hobby or something to do… since this game only makes me feel horrible irl.

Anyways i’m just confused… how anyone can get these achievements… i’ve tried so many tactics and i just keep failing so i dunno… what to think about it .

No one should be laughing at you, or anyone, for asking honest questions. Sadly, public forums are full of such things. Your best option there is: a) report the offending post for harassment and b) add the offending poster to your ignore list.

With respect to Achievements in general, some are super easy, and some are indeed quite difficult. The purpose of them is to have a form of value, and the harder ones are meant to be tough to obtain. As you improve in skill overall, you have a better chance of achieving them. That’s not trolling on the part of the developers, but rather them putting in something for players to really shoot for and to try and accomplish.

The Achievement you describe about killing all the Terran buildings, do you know the name of it? I’m not sure exactly which one/which level you’re talking about.

In terms of games being fun and Achievements themselves, keep in mind the only person in the world who cares if you earn an Achievement or not is you yourself; no one else does. So knowing that, the game can be as fun, or not, as you make it. My recommendation is to not place your self worth on a video game’s Achievements, or honestly anything to do with a video game in general. It is just a game, after all, and unless you’re making money off of it in tournaments or from streaming or uploading videos, it truly is just a game and hobby.

Sounds like Heart of the Swarm’s 3rd mission where you got nothing but Zerglings and Queens. You have to destroy all the structures before Naktul shows up with reinforcements.

That’s what I suspect as well, though I want to be sure.

If so, I personally found that one to be one of the hardest Achievements in the expansion; it is a tough one.

Still relatively easy compared to the worst of LotV and WoL.

I remember it being very just macro intensive. Otherwise just a big a-move.

1 Like

What pisses me off… I dunno what i did, I had the Nova Banner Unlocked somehow… No troll, no joke… I was using it, as a terran banner… So tonight i decided to buy a war chest, and i’m using another banner, Now Nova’s Locked… Now… i wanna get ahold of blizzard, and ask them… why i was able to use it, and now it’s locked…

Unlike most of you, i have 0 friends irl who play this game… So i can’t do any of the achievements to get these special banners…

I feel depressed, and very upset, that everyone has them but me. I wish i could just buy them… for a set price…

But blizzard won’t even look at this, and help people who suck at the game… but wants to enjoy the game features.

I mean… it’s kind of a low blow… to be able to use a specific character banner… only to have it locked, if you accident unclick it or equip another one.

It really upsets me… I’m not a noob, i’m not a kid, i’m a guy, and i’m struggling, i can’t even do any of the WOL achieves yet alone any of the HOTS one’s i dunno what i’m gonna do… It just bums me out… that everyone gets to have these special banners but me… and again i’d ask for help irl, but i have nobody… it’s all on me… and i’ve been trying for 9 yrs if that’s not enough proof that i can’t get em… I just don’t get it… I don’t understand blizzard’s Philosophy…

To be quite Fair, Not ever person, is 100% exactly the same… so i mean… i just don’t understand why they make them so hard to obtain…put em on sale for 1.99 or 5.99 i don’t care i just want to have them… but nobody will help me, or listen to this post, the blizzard staff that reads this is probably laughing or something, i dunno…thinking this guy sucks… I don’t know… but it does bother me… that i get singled out… realizing everyone has these but me… it just depresses me…

Yo if you wanna email me at
cardsoldierwars at
Yahoo we can talk about helping you get those achievements!

Or at least discuss strategies on achievements

1 Like

LOL I bet 90% of the people who play SC2 don’t have friends IRL who play SC2. It’s a small community and SC is the type of game that draws only a specific type of person.

I am not a gamer. I don’t play any games and never have, except for SC, which I have played on and off since 1999. Most of my friends and coworkers are gamers - who play a huge variety of games all the time - and none of them play SC2.

As someone else said, feel free to discuss certain achievement strategies here.

I am sure someone would even be happy to knock some achievements out for you.

I bet you people who play SC2 just don’t have friends IRL to begin with. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Some truth better left unspoken!

1 Like

I have a lot of Friends who play sc2 actually :sweat_smile: (mostly Co-op).

And i still dont have all achievements. Well in Coop i got most :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

Campaign on brutal is a totally different beast though.

Well i’m glad you all got someone to rely on, or help you.

And if you don’t, Then you know the struggles of being a loner, it can be frustrating, just never give up.

I get Jealous easily, so when i see people who have “achievement banners” it depresses me, cuz i play fair, and i try to do my best, but sometimes i crash and burn, and it’s not an easy thing to accept. Just gotta keep trying, even if the odds are way against ya, or it feels hopeless.

But i do wish you all well at the game…