BUG REPORT stetman causes lag to allies in coop

It seems once he has a certain amount of units/stetalites in co-op he causes massive frame drops for his allies. This does not seem as bad when you play AS stetman (leveled him to 15 myself). It only seems to occur when he is the allied commander, not when you play as him.

To put this in perspective it’s possible to drop to single digit FPS with a allied stetman, I can load up game and pick any other commander and its fine performance wise. as soon as stetman is the ally (NOT when you play as him) then the problem occurs.

This does not happen with any other combination of commanders. Observed and tested with Stetman + Alarak.

2 Likes

what about stukov? doesnt he cause lags too?

I’ve noticed this too, to a point I was playing Tychus and I could barely do anything as the frame drop was insane. I started with high frames per a second and it dropped to like 10 frames a second. I’ve only gotten this issue when I’m allied with a stettman. Every other commander I don’t get any lag with, I mean i even played with a Stukov and game ran just fine but Stettman causes so much lag

1 Like

Two months and two patches later, the bug is sill there. Thankfully, not many people are playing Stetmann now, so chances of getting him as an ally are pretty low. But when you do… I’ve just played the “Void Launch” mission as an Abathur (not many units) and on the victory screen, without a single enemy unit on the map, I was getting 7 FPS!

Dear @Blizzard, can you at least acknowledge that the problem exists? Thanks.

1 Like

I leave every game in which I get matched with Stetmann. I imagine that it’s frustrating for people that actually paid for him but it’s unplayable for me. I get 3 or 4 times less fps at the very beginning of the game and then later in the game during fights I drop to single digit fps.

It’s been known for a while so I came looking for an acknowledgement in the “known issues” thread but there’s nothing. Shouldn’t a bug like this be a priority to fix?