Buffs for each race

Hyrdalisk gain +1 range vs air and infestor movespeed buff .

Thors movespeed buffed to same as seige tanks and 3 core mech units get an upgrade to be same speed as ghosts hellbat tank thor this is slower then stim bio btw .

Sentry and High templer upgrade for movespeed increases .

Pretty simple changes

HT does not need any speed increase and the Sentry even less. One can even argue than the Sentry speed increase is not a buff but a nerff (instead of moving togather with the army casting GS the Sentry will rush to the enemy and will get killed).
If you want to help protoss, think something useful.

1 Like

the classic gold leaguer balance update, there used to be allot more of these.

I will gladly 1v1 you if you believe that

These buffs would help Protoss a decent bit the high templers being so slow greatly slows down army movement same as sentry also who calls a speed buff a nerf this would be similar to calling a build speed increase a nerf cause I might spend my minerals incorrectly and not correct it in time -_-.

Interesting, yet :

• Thors main weakness is their low movespeed, followed by their slow retargeting. Removing the first gets rid of their weakness, thus would be a good step in making them broken.
  • Same for templars. Their splash is very powerful, comparable to siege tanks’ without the siege requirement. Hence their low displacement speed and relative fragility. Make them move faster, and the deathballs will get the same destructive power, but without the mobility cost. Most probably broken as well (for the record, tankivacs were removed partly because of that).
  • Infestors do carry a similar potential with the fungle (specially combined with banes or biles), and can even burrow themselves to land it. Making their speed unremarkable is a good move. As for hydras, they were deemed broken thus nerfed, so supposing the unit returned to a balanced state, no need to buff it back.

Simply put, those changes feel uneeded at best, imbalanced at worse. Better nerf currently overpowered units, IMO. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thors are currently pretty bad units and mech in general map size has grown so much and there just as slow as they have been since Wol not to mention ravens are gone .

Templars have pretty hard counters in ghost so the speed would be nice so they can position faster not just be completely useless once ghost hit the field its odd people are fine with disruptors being in the game considering there 90% of the time just strictly better then high templers in every way minus hitting air

The hydra air buff is to make dealing with skytoss slightly easier at lower levels same with infestor speed buffs while i do think corrupters are better in general vs skytoss I think more options is good .

Also I would love to nerf op units but really most stuff is not op like outside of disruptors most stuff has reasonable counters at most levels of play.
I know most people think skytoss is op but its more a skill ratio issue its kinda weak at the highest level but at lower levels it feels broken if anything reworking some carrier stats so it can be slightly more effective at high level play and weaker at lower levels maybe less range and reduce the targeting priority of the interceptors so corrupters would go for the carrier could possiblely reduce the cost of it slightly to make up for it not sure would need testing if anything would ever be done .

Also if I had things my way widow mines would be redone to be much slower burrow slower and be a more defensive unit for terran dropped to 1 supply so late game run bys and harass could be handled better I honesty hate there current role as a harass unit there randomness at all levels of play just feels awful .

The speed of a unit is an important component of balancing that unit. Thor having an insane DPS and HP as well as long range is balanced only by the low-mobility of that unit.
Extra speed for HP is not very helpful considering the EMP.
If you really want to buff HT, just ask for the Storm to last not 3 Sec but 2.5 sec.
How about Making Storm cause only 30 damage (from 80) but being instant?
Actually the instant Storm damage is only 20, the rest (60 damage) is distributed in 3 seconds.

Thors are a boring unit, no thanks.