Buff proposal for Han and Horner Galleon

1. Endurance training should also apply for Galleon. - It becomes tedious for it to heal itself, other combat units have this… why not galleons?
  1. Galleon should have +100hp when upgraded to Assault Galleon. - they get an attack platform (technically, shouldn’t this make them beefier?)
  1. Galleons should benefit from Chrono Waves. - Chrono Waves work on Dehaka buildings when uproot and they increase their overall speed. (While minor, Protoss Allies can give some teamwork by making several Nexuses and give all Chrono Waves when finishing their upgrade).
1 Like

they must have lifesteal. I am sick and tired of creating a bind fro 2 SCVs just to fix 5 galleons.

1 Like

Nah, no lifesteal. Endurance Training and Extra 100HP will do.
Also, you should hotkey those 2 SCVs and send them back when you are engaing the enemy.

Check it
starcraft wiki Mira_Han_and_Matt_Horner_(Co-op_Missions)

What is that? I have not english version, i am confused with all the names.

Horner units have HP regen when out of combat.

2 Likes

Basically that’s self-heal when no damage. I think every mechanical unit of Mira and Horner needs this.

I disagree, Horner units need it because they are expensive, high-tier and cooldown gated. Han’s units are cheap, easy to mass and have their own special thing going for them - Impatience.

I mean, Galleons. They need this.

Galleons can be annoying. They are neither buildings, to benefit from many buffs other commanders give to buildings, nor are they Horner units to get the healing. I think while they are amazing units, the fact they can have Hangar bays is bad for the general playerbase, as they will use them as an actual combat unit.
They should be precious units, if they get killed you lose out on your production, so I like the risk.

The risk is, when you send Alarak alone to defend a wave on Brutal without army on 15 minute.

I tried to keep my galleons out of combat for a while, but I just never had any success with it. The game expects you to use them in the early game when the only other units you really have are a couple of reapers. By the time the hangars come online, youre past the point where including them with your army will realistically threaten them unless you’ve been making nothing but hellions against skyterran or something similarly silly.

It would be interesting if the Galleons had a “Land” option, (say it disables their missile attack, and they slowly repair)… that way if a player just wanted to use the units they could be fine.

I can agree on the Chrono Wave and by extension Chrono Boost on Galleons. As they are technically also production structures unique to HH, they should benefit from them. Outside of that, I think points 1 and 2 are generally unnecessary.

1. This is a nice buff for sure but the level bonus would need to be reworded into Air Units rather than Horner’s Units.
  2. Adding HP logically make sense and is another convenient buff but generally I find the interceptors takes the heat off. Only damage they take usually is from Yamato at best, which they tank just fine.

The idea is to repair them if need be. Honestly, 75% the time I only need to build 1 Galleon and run the mission with Horner’s Starport unit’s anyway. It just demonstrates how insignificant (at least in my honest opinion) these changes would be.

Call it Dry Dock. They lose their function as units and just work like regular barracks, but they regenerate moderately quickly.

1 Like

I actually like that idea, especially if it allowed Protoss allies to chrono boost it.

1 Like

There was a brief time where an unintended bug occurred, which allowed Chrono Boost to be applied to structures that were under construction still.

It opened up a lot of interesting min/max and build order changes, as well as mastery optimization. Then it was silently removed. Galleons were not affected but the idea is the same. Opening up faster timing to certain things like 2x as many Han’s Reapers or faster upgraded Galleon make the game a lot more fun.

I do like that as a healing mechanism for Han…very thematic

Galleons regenerating HP out of combat would mostly be a QoL upgrade so sure why not.

I would love if HnH army was more varied… its basically just a mass of reapers with a few hellions.
An actual caster unit would be nice (raven is fully automated) so that its not just F2+Amove toward enemy.
Perhaps reducing the cost or population of hellions/hellbats and widow mines would make them more viable.

1. Endurance Training applies to Horner’s units, no? As in strike fighters and Starport units? Galleon’s are considered Han’s units.
  2. Though the reasoning is scant, I do agree on the premise of protecting a huge investment (Galleon plus assault functions is a relatively huge investment of resources and time)
  3. Don’t they?

Should kill 2 bird with one stone. Allow Galleons to siege up to provide early game static defense.

I mean, aside from mines; on DoN, the first wave is just a bit of a pain to solo especially if Hunterlings appear, and if your partner does nothing, Widow and Magmines don’t replenish fast enough.

1 Like