Buff brood lords or nerf thors

reminds a bit of chess with black, on top lvl. the main thing is a draw.

1 Like

so you want only broodlords to win the game? so dumb

bcs dont do anything against corruptors

stop lying
which unit counters broodlords? none

thors are the only unit that can counter broodlords because broodlords mass broods can kill marines, ghosts and even thors if microed
you just want a a move without microing it

i been playing sc since broodwar as a terran player, play off race zerg beaten far above terran players who are way above my level
zvt is above 70% and tvz is 46%
i am master 1 terran player and master 2 zerg player

wrong again
vikings are bad against corruptors, marines dont take out bls

bcs get countered by corruptors easily

master 1 terran player with tvz- 47% winrate
master 2 zerg with zvt= over 70%
try again, i been playing this game since broodwar cameout in 98

show me anyone using vikings against corruptors? noone does

vikings mostly used in tvt
shs kill mech easily too

1 Like

I didnā€™t say use Vikings for corrupters I said use Vikings against brood lords. Vikings can hit brood lords pull away. Rinse repeat Zerg only counter use fg or parsite bomb.

Thors better choice since unbalanced because rush bc then switch Thors wile Zerg has only one choice corrupters. Then invest production into Thors. Then Zerg sitting on poorly investment.

Since Zerg only has 3 anti air units and only one soft counters battle cruisers

Comparing infestors and ghosts in a vacuum is very disingenuous. Infestors by far have better synergy with the rest of the Zerg army and coupled with vipers they are able to outperform ghosts in a variety of engagements. Ghosts can kill high tier units? Cool, infestors and vipers can slow them all down, trap them in a wall of broodlings, pinch all your high tier units and have on your side while the rest canā€™t shoot. The ā€œmost powerfulā€ splash maybe lands at the pro level once every few months, try playing viking, ghost liberator and watch a parasitic bomb, fungal combo delete just as much in value.

Not to mention the ghost is a counter balance to what Zerg is capable of. Good luck engaging an army with 15 lurkers that all popped at the same time without being able to transition to ghosts. Good luck playing mech at a decent level with vipers and infestors clowning on all your units while you sit in a fetal position.

1 Like

Thatā€™s total nonsense. Sure, it happens, but itā€™s rare and requires egregious mistakes from the Terran. The first problem here is where was the scan that made the terran aware of the Zergā€™s positioning. Where is the sensor tower. Where are the tanks and liberators zoning out the infestors. Where are the EMPs that should be hitting the infestors. Terran has a hundred options for every one that Zerg has in that scenario.

What. Thatā€™s legit delusional. There isnā€™t a single zerg unit that has splash comparable to nukes. There isnā€™t a single zerg unit with single-target damage equivalent to snipe. There isnā€™t a single zerg unit that can wipe-out the energy of enemy spellcasters. Terrans who mass ghosts can legitimately delete entire zerg armies for energy cost only and from siege range. The worst part of this is that it takes literally zero skill to use. If you see enemy units, you rapid-fire snipe while wiggling your mouse over his units. Itā€™s the antithesis of skill.

Thereā€™s a reason why Terrans in GM mass ghosts, turtle, and rapid fire snipes. Itā€™s a free win. Infestors on the other hand are very rare. Almost nobody makes them. They are so bad, Harstem used infestor roach as one of his ā€œmeme to GMā€ games. He lost. He didnā€™t make it work. If a single tank isnā€™t neuralā€™d, it kills one infestor which frees up another tank that then kill 2 infestors etc. Infestors are absolute garbage compared to ghosts which can simply delete enemy units.

1 Like

I bet you would prefer having infested terrans back rather than a ghost nerf. I bet you would even prefer a thor nerf because the thing that makes ghosts overly problematic is that it has a 400 hp meat shield to fall back on.

I am putting that down as a Harstem problem. I have seen many queen infestor to gm series that have worked.

That was the total possibility of spells not a sequence that is required to win an engagement. You only need a few of these to connect for a worthwhile trade. With that said, Iā€™ve seen Dark slap Cure with this set up just last week. Cure should have copied what those GM terrans are doing and never leave his base.

100%. I could delete entire Terran expansions with rapid fire in the same capacity terran can erase entire zerg armies with rapid fire. I used to send out infestor hit squads. It was just enough to take down 1 planetary. If you were tight on cash, you could take out workers instead with fungal. You only needed 2 full energy infestors for that but to take down a planetary you needed 5.

Thereā€™s no way. That unit comp has no answer to liberators or even widow mines or siege tanks.

My man, you lose 15 infestors if you enter tank/liberator/snipe range. Youā€™d have to throw out fungals blindly while praying he doesnā€™t scan and praying the fungals hit something.

Batz getting ready to tango with internet trolls:

1 Like

Man plays 5 minute games and wonders why he loses 15 infestors in late game scenarios :rofl:. If you played longer games you would know that infestors can survive a liberator shot, cast its spell and leave. You can also transfuse it back to full health, so basically free damage for only energy.

Infested terrans did more than delete bases.

I actually play more macro than I do cheese. One of the things about proxy hatchery builds is that they are hard to separate from a three hatch build when you take your third or fourth as your first expansion. This is even better with gold bases. The timing of your natural also looks like a pool first hatchery. Itā€™s just hard to scout. If a player doesnā€™t check the main, theyā€™re just screwed. They can kiss their MMR goodbye. I play standard builds occasionally. Itā€™s clear I know standard play better than Ruff does.

The terran stacks a hundred liberators pointed down a ramp like the barrel of a gun in your face. If infestors are surviving that, thereā€™s something wrong with what you are doing.

You could kill medivacs but the energy cost was very high.

1 Like

Fitting from the guy that thinks roach ravager is overrated. Whereā€™s your bile fungal combos? Iā€™ve yet to see a clip from you that has impressed me more than Ruffā€™s.

Alright tough guy. When was the last time you saw Ruff beat a Code S player? Iā€™ve shown numerous clips ranging from low Code S players like Kiwian to high ones like Dark and PartinG and Byun. Yep, Iā€™ve beaten Byun.

I beat this streamer. GoblinSlayer or GoblinKing or whatever. He went through my game history and was just amazed I was winning games like this. He actually asked for a replay where I beat a GM protoss without making a spawning pool until 4 minutes in the game lmao. Heā€™s just mind blown that you can win games like this. Literally every time I play neuro heā€™s impressed. Livibeeā€™s reaction is usually shock. Berry just rages about maphackers or streamcheaters or balance. Ruff usually cries about balance and how theyā€™ve nerfed mech blah blah. Itā€™s like, man, you open with 1 base ghost then cry about balance. Give me a break. I could roll my face across the keyboard and beat that build but he thinks itā€™s like some kind of strategic genius to do a ghost drop.

Iā€™ve got a stack of wins so high they be touchinā€™ the sky.

Here you go, a macro game. Fast forward to the end for the name-calling:

https://streamable.com/x0ucqn

This is what I am talking about. His adept & zealot see 2 zerglings run by my third base and he freaks out, goes home, and builds a shield battery. He thought a drone pull allin was coming when in reality I had gone 4 hatch before pool and he needed to ramp up the aggression with a double gate or fast stargate. Heā€™s been wrecked by drone pull allins so many times that he legit thought the 2 zerglings indicated Iā€™d pulled drones. The funny thing is, I will go 4 hatch then pull drones to do a drone allin. I do it all the time. He has no idea which one it is. None. I just collect my free MMR from Protoss. Itā€™s always been the easiest matchup. I generally have 70-80% win-rates with total meme builds.

1 Like

If he committed with the adept all in it would have worked. These are the type of players that the current balance patch is catering towards, he can now save his adepts while theyā€™re shading instead of donating them for free. Dude also went for like 10 dts instead of HT for storms. Also thatā€™s lots of floating for a ā€œmacro gameā€.

Uh, no. I had two spines in every mineral line, tons of queens with transfuse energy, creep linking my bases, a huge drone count, and tons of roach ling on the way. If you subtract all of that except for roach ling, Iā€™d still hold.

He lost four harassing adepts at the start because the queens were so close to the prism.

Yeah, gotta love Protoss. He goes glaive, robo, robo bay, DT shrine all off of 2 base. That was never going to work. I remember the days when Protoss couldnā€™t afford multiple tech paths without 3 base.

It didnā€™t matter. I was lightyears ahead with a huge swarmhost count right on his doorstep. I had 4 bases and he had 2. It was a slam dunk. I was legit talking to someone over my shoulder as I was closing out the game. Something about a destiny boss having a billion HP or something like that. We were both laughing at how this clown called ā€œPapiApeā€ pause-quit the game after playing so bad. Itā€™s just amazing what kind of MMR you can buy for a certain amount of skill with Protoss. Protoss sells MMR at a discount. MMR is half-off when you use the Protoss coupon. That guy legit would be diamond league if he played Zerg or Terran.

Itā€™s just embarrassing how easy protoss is. Heā€™s 4800. 4800 is 5 wins away from Grandmaster. Thatā€™s how close he is to GM. Letā€™s just let the Zerg get away with 4 hatch before pool because we saw 2 zerglings, throw away 4 adepts for free, do a failed adept allin, try 12781278 tech paths on 2 base, throw DTs away for a base the zerg didnā€™t need and not even kill the base or any workers, and let the swam hosts get up close to our natural base. Yeah, thatā€™s almost GM level play with APEtoss. :grimacing:

1 Like

An adept all in on 2 bases hits a minute earlier and with I think 12 adepts, he had that at 6 minutes. If he played that from the get-go instead of having a victim reactionary mentality he would have had an easy game. It also didnā€™t help that he has really sloppy execution and fights queens instead of getting into a mineral line asap to cause damage. Glave adepts was my go to PvZ build.

He was late because he freaked out and built a bunch of static defense in his natural.

Thatā€™s the right idea but heā€™d still lose with that build. He needed 2 gate adept into stargate and you donā€™t even bother expanding. It just slaughters 4 hatch.

I just had a conversation with maplez the other night. He was mighty proud of his sweaty 5.6k mmr. I asked him if heā€™s beaten a single Code S player, and it was crickets. I legit got to 5500 mmr using meme builds while talking like an ape.

It always cracks me up when these try hard players try to flex on me. ā€œI beat the batz, and it was easy.ā€ First off, you play apetoss. Of course itā€™s easy. Second, I am deliberately handicapping myself to make the game harder. I wouldā€™ve lost interest in this game years ago if I played standard like a robot. The game is just too simple. Itā€™s like checkers except the pieces move fast. But, no, they think they are hot stuff with their 5600 mmr and sweaty hands. After every game they wipe the sweat off their brow after trying as hard as possible to win every game they can.

He couldnā€™t believe I had been to 6300 mmr. So I asked him if heā€™s beaten Code S players and how many / could he provide an example. He couldnā€™t. Thus it is proven.

If you want a good example of a similar player, itā€™s Ruff. That guy used to be a similar MMR level to me. I still have HotS replays between him and I when he was rank #6 on the ladder. Heā€™s busy doing meme builds just like me at the low GM level. Heā€™s actually probably the most analogous player in SC2. Heā€™s doing 1 base ghost rushes and I am doing 1 base hydralisk rushes. To play non standard strategies, you take a 1,000 mmr hit. Thatā€™s just reality. You either do the meta strategies which orbit APM spam or you lose 1,000 mmr. Thatā€™s more so for Zerg than Terran, and thatā€™s because of ZvZ. ZvZ is a nightmare if you take a fast third, but you canā€™t compete economically without a fast third. Then, it turns into zergling/baneling splits for 10 minutes straight.

But a Protoss player thinks heā€™s hot stuff because he can make carriers and aclick? Give me a break. There is nothing in the game that Protoss has to do that is even close to the difficulty of a typical ZvZ. Like, itā€™s not even close. ZvZ is probably twice as hard as any Protoss matchup. Ask even Serral and he whines about ZvZ. Itā€™s his weakest matchup for crying out loud.

1 Like

I mean if youā€™re not top 16 in korea you become a streamer. Iā€™m sure heā€™s beaten people like ForGG and scarlett etc and even if you played against the top of GSL theyā€™re on a barcode/sharing accounts so you never know who it really is.

I had the privilege of queueing into a 2v2 against Innovation and TY once while playing with my brother. We had TY dead in the water but Inno stood strong and was able to make a comeback, we lasted 15 minutes.

Yes a 6.3k player would show off loads of replays against Parting. When Parting was active it was just him, Jason and Pig having game after game against each other.

The thing that made Ruff lose MMR was the nerf to ravens, not by playing weird builds. Ghost rush into PF at the third into BCs or mech is such a common build from him you could probably blind counter it. When it comes to your replays I expect more games like this h ttps://drop.sc/replay/22761780 not just defending a sloppy adept all in.

Youā€™re right that smurfing is a big deal. Itā€™s one of the reasons why regional GM rankings are totally useless. ā€œRegionalā€ GM is quasi worldwide GM. I played a Korean Protoss for my first game tonight. He was 5.7k. He didnā€™t stand a chance. Anyway, heā€™d take a regional GM slot if he plays a few games. Probably 75%+ of NA GM slots arenā€™t from the US/Canada.

Yeah that would be a tough one. Innovation was called the machine for a reason. Once his macro was going, he would slaughter players even if he was behind. You look at the supply and heā€™s got 40 less army supply yet heā€™s the one in total control of the game, denying bases, etc. It was truly amazing to watch him play.

Yes some days itā€™s like I wouldnā€™t get anyone but him. I peaked at 6300 by copying Hyunā€™s roach styles. Back then, Zerg had some potent allins against Terran. Do you remember the roach baneling allin? You just ram banelings into the Terranā€™s natural. They added liberators to the game and they totally deleted that allin. I remember one game against theriddler that made me realize just how garbage the roach comps had become. Heā€™d lost his natā€™s SCVs and lost control of his third and natural, and he was trying to land his third while using liberators. The game went on for like 15 minutes of him landing, getting 1 or 2 mule trips, and lifting. It was just ridiculous. It went from being possible to end a game vs a Terran to basically having to wait for the Terran to decide to leave whenever he decided to. If could be 5 minutes, or 45 minutes.

Yeah I had a very high win-rate against Jason at the end of HotS. It was something like 80%. Then the tankivac bull!@#$ happened and I just stopped caring about rank. I realized this game was going to be completely and utterly rigged against zerg. This guy went from being a free win to having a 50% winrate vs me with every game being a struggle. Tankivacs were just one thing in a long line of abuses dished out to Zergs. Mass reaper, mass liberator. Did you know that mass liberator came within millimeters of winning a premier tournament? Donā€™t even get me started about Protoss.

Hitting 6300 was just a ā€œI did it, I can stop caringā€ landmark. At that level you actually have to start working for your wins, and it is not worth it at all. Zerg just gets totally screwed in that department. Protoss mass cannons and F2 some carriers and youā€™re expected to pick this apart with complex positioning and spellcasting maneuvers. The skill difference required to be Zerg at that level is so far beyond the other two races and I just wasnā€™t going to put up with it. Itā€™s not worth it for some stupid reputation in a fake butt video game. Itā€™s just not. Put that work into something real.

Ruff had all kinds of styles in the past. It wasnā€™t just raven spam. He was one of my favorite opponents. Nowadays he just sucks. There was one game I played against him where he went bio, believe it or not. It stuck with me because his main had been destroyed and he was making rotations around the map with his bio army looking for bases. I was trying to avoid him because I didnā€™t I could win the fight. He didnā€™t have any medivacs, so he was moving slow. I squeezed out a few more units and they made the difference.

The banelings were an absolute necessity to make that all in work and if you caught the banelings morphing it was a free win, especially if you opened banshees. Nowadays you just make a few ravagers at a far less cost and with a better transition. Look how easy it is to hold if the banelings arenā€™t there https://youtu.be/3xiwgtpoQ78?t=561 Zerg was trash in hots.