Brutal is TO EASY and Brutal+ is too hard!

You’re welcome.

Brutal+ is too easy. Please unlock other Brutal levels to random matchmaking and keep adjusting Brutal+ to suit people like the OP.

1 Like

I’d vastly rather we put effort into making the difficulty more consistent before worrying about what should be harder and easier. If brutal+1 can range from “negligible difference to brutal” to “vastly harder than 90% of weekly mutations”, it’s hard to say what we need to make harder or easier.

2 Likes

Exactly! I don’t see a problem with the average difficulty of Brutal+1, but the outliers can be crazy. There are certain mutator-map combos that should be completely banned (or fixed) and and others that shouldn’t occur in +1. But again, these are just outliers as most commanders can adjust to most combos if you know your commander, map, and mutators reasonably well.

You mean like plot armour?

Best solution to that is mutator veto. Allow each player to have a list of up to 8-10 vetoes. That way you avoid some particularly bad commander-mutator combos.

Sorry, I’m not following your full thought there.

Unfortunately that isn’t a solution since it’s usually the way some combo with a particular map. Each individual mutator is fine (except maybe Fatal Attraction), but even combining certain easy mutators in specific ways can go a bit crazy for +1.

Commander-mutator I don’t see as a problem. In almost all cases every commander can build to compensate on +1.

1 Like

You can have a mission starting with 5 mutators and then each player can veto one.

More dev work for a new UI and logic process. Doesn’t really make sense when removing/fixing the few broken issues is bound to be easier.

The diffusion + life leech combo. I nicknamed it what it actually is.

Ah, yeah, I see what you mean now. Definitely!

Here’s my list so far: Brutal+ mutator/map interactions

I completely agree with this, sometimes I just want a little extra boost, but brutal + being 3 is a toss up. I can guarantee a DOABLE challenge with one or two mutators, but 3 can throw something unbeatable at you and that just isnt fun unless you are in a party.

I get that isn’t everyone’s opinion, but I do think its objectively dumb to skip 2 difficulties entirely. its like giving people the choice between casual and brutal, no in-between. or for those who are picky about xp and such, it would be the removal of normal difficulty.

Also the party requirement aspect is really dumb considering if you are in a party, why not just do a custom mutation and set it to random? (answer is because for some reason custom mutator doesnt give bonuses based on how many random mutators you choose, which is also really dumb).

in short, remove the party requirement, revert it back to brutal+1 being +1 mutator, brutal +2 being +2 mutator etc. and add some sort of scaling xp for custom mutator (likely just for randomly selected ones to make sure it isnt abused)

Obviously nothing will change since Blizzard is no longer gonna to update the game, but I think an issue with the brutal+ system with mutators, is that the way the mutators are rated and the combinations you can get, are totally out of whack.
Some of the mutators count for very few points, even though they are much harder to deal with than mutators almost at the top end sometimes, Double-Edged being a good example, I’d rather deal with Just Die then that.

I don’t understand why people would complain that brutal+ is too easy already instead of opting for opening up all brutal levels for random queue. The problem with brutal+ is the mutators. Giving another difficulty without them or with limited mutators would give a smoother transition in difficulty and then other people who are awesome at the game could just go up a few numbers.

Note that :foot: necroed a topic from 2 years ago.
Prestiges didn’t exist back then (added in July 2020), and who know what else was different.
While that probably would not make Brutal less easy for someone finding it easy, it may cause the overall feeling for Brutal+ to change significantly, and make the past discussions of here very outdated.