Blizzard, Please fix the brutal+1 mutation bug

I’m tired of the brutal+1 mutators overwriting the actual mutation mutators because people are either trying to cheese the weekly mutations for an easy win or don’t realize they are queuing up as brutal+1 for the mutation.

When I queue up for the weekly mutation, I want to play that mutation and not some random brutal+1. If I want to play brutal+1, I’ll queue for it. I want the experience of the weekly mutation when I queue for it. If it’s a hard mutation, I don’t want an easy win. But some do, and they cheese it by queuing brutal+1, which ruins the fun of it.

Bugging the mutation with different mutators has been a bug since Mengsk was released, and people have knowingly and unknowingly abused it. Blizzard, I respectfully ask that you fix it. (Also Karax’s second CC not having chrono, but hey, I don’t want to get off topic).

13 Likes

+1

An annoying bug that has been here for waaaay too long

7 Likes

How does Brutal +1 cheese work?

If you select brutal+ as your difficulty and then scroll over to the mutation tab, it will let you queue for mutation with brutal+1 as your selected difficulty.

You have a roughly 50% chance of getting the actual mutation and 50% chance of getting brutal+ mutators, and the game will just as happily match you with someone who was queuing mutation and not brutal+, as it will match you with someone who was not queuing for mutation and was just on brutal+.

It was put in Maguro’s most recent bug hunt, so it should Get fixed atleast somewhat soonish.

1 Like

Not necessarily, some of the stuff he points out never seem to get fixed. I’m not sure the devs read his blog, even though they should.

Changing things in editor is a very tricky as there are lot of things to that may overlap with another.
It is possible that fixing a bug may cause an error, while it is easy to spot it’s actually considerably difficult to fix them.

The Devs do read Maguro’s blog, but paces are very slow especially in these days.

1 Like

It’s likely to be a case of “how much time do we have” versus “which one we focus on”.

Maybe some old bugs weren’t that high priority of a problem. Then add to the list of each bug hunt, take away the most critical, work on those. Fail at some, succeed in most, and create more unintended issues during. Finally, release a patch that has what appears to be neglected bugs. I’m sure they are just sitting in the back of the list collecting dust.