Best campaign and why? [Spoilers]

Splish splash, Epilogue is not even a campaign, your opinion is therefore as usual, trash.

Also, while it has two fun missions in terms of gameplay, the last one is an absolute borefest.

1 Like

Y’know why Sylvanas is superior to Kerrigan ?

Sylvanas hasn’t tried to kill Mengsk because she knows how awesome he is.

2 Likes

The epilogue serves as the mini-campaign under LOTV as well as the final conclusion to the entire SC2 storyline. So nothing wrong to consider the Epilogue on it’s own given it’s importance.

As for the final epilogue mission, it’s actually the best because it’s the only mission that allowed us to maximise the full potential of Ascended Kerrigan.

1 Like

Because clearly that’s what a RTS needed.

A Broken hero unit that can solo the map without the need to handle your base :confused:

As the most powerful being in the universe, Ascended Kerrigan deserves to have powers to solo the entire universe without much difficulty.

Thus the gameplay should be made to reflect Ascended Kerrigan’s true powers by giving her appropriate buffs. The difficulty of the campaign can be made more challenging by removing all other units including allies with Ascended Kerrigan being the sole winner.

2 Likes

Kerrigan is not even at her most powerful gameplay wise.

PQoB at the end of HotS is more versatile and less reliant on big cooldowns.

I am playing RTS, not a bad Diablo game.

1 Like

The Odin mopes the floor with Fairy Kerrigan.
Terran engineering> Xel’Naga Kool-Aid

1 Like

The Primal QOB appears to be more versatile but she does not demonstrate the ability to teleport and to damage all of her enemies at once.

Asides from being able to teleport and damaging all her enemies at once with her ultimate power, Ascended Kerrigan’s basic attack can also strike multiple targets.

Chain Reaction says hi.

Also PQoB pretty much teleports to Hatchery when near death.

1 Like

Remember when a Zerg campaign was about zerging the opponent with a Swarm of units ?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Choosing chain reaction means forgoing other options for the Primal QOB. Ascended Kerrigan comes with the power automatically.

Similar to the Primal QOB, Ascended Kerrigan is also revived at the hatchery/lair/hive upon death. Not a teleportation power.

Kerrigan can never truly die. “Death irrelevant, only essence important”.

She doesn’t die. She burrows out of dodge.

Fairy Kerrigan doesn’t even have other options.

If PQoB had all her options she would snowball Fairy.

Kerrigan died but was revived at the hatchery/lair/hive. Dustin Browder already clarified that Kerrigan’s revival powers is part of the lore.

Probably just gameplay. If the campaign is as long as HOTS, Blizzard might have given the players options to customise Ascended Kerrigan’s abilities.

That’s a big if. Even then Ascended Kerrigan have demonstrated the ability of having improved primal powers. So if both have all options, Ascended Kerrigan would still be the winner.

I actually didn’t like the gameplay of the first Mission of the Epilogue, but enjoyed the second and final one more.

Overall though, I wasn’t big on the Epilogue’s mission design compared to the rest of the Campaign missions. I’ve placed the Prologue and Epilogue as part of “Legacy of the Void” (for obvious reasons) in my own list, however if you break them out, I’d say the Epilogue is my least favourite “Campaign” in StarCraft II gameplay-wise.

The answer is not easy because where one has the strengths others falter
WoL at an artistic level is superior, it is the game with the most cinematics and the most models of cienamatic unitswith very much lore, at the game level it is quite good and immersive with a fun and challenging gameplay
but at the story level it has the problem of series, which deviate from the main story but fulfills the fantasy of everyone : recover what was lost
Heart of swarm
It is better in history than WoL, because it is a focused history that shows us the nihilistic perspective of kerrigan where morality is somewhat flimsy and the fight with the ghost of what it wanted to be and never was, although Zerus can be replaced by other options well at least we have kaiju zerg megafaunas in the purest style of Devilman’s demons. the story shows zerg power and questions the human mind as inefficient. with characters Abathur, zagara or even the water master Dehaka.
But the game begins to feel like god of war in an unbalanced power fantasy and the weak gameplay points that rarely challenge you, especially in the final battle, let’s say we never felt danger.
the other aspect although at an artistic level it is good in general in the question of immersion it does not show the weakest screen in the improvements of kerrigan with zero text with lore a great void ,information would have been appreciated, it is quite unpleasant compared to Hiperion and the spear of adun.
Although they save characters like Abathru and Zagara the will of Kerrigan devours everything and makes us see that the golden age zerg where it was a mega-organism is gone. they were quite limited and reflected in a lot of uncollected material that would have presented a very interesting Zerus god I wanted to see a torrasque
Legacy of void is the best in history because it does return to the stellar scale of the conflict and at the same time it does not offer us the same and questions the past. It is basically what Last Jedi was trying to do but well executed. protoss fantasy was unity but this was an outright lie if the khala has potential but it tested his limitations over and over again
Well here it does make a portrait of protoss they does not fight for sentimentality or low emotions but for ideological questions. the unit is tested first with what it thinks different with tolerance and finally practicing it outside the niche of the species that it watched from a condescending point of view.
Artistically it’s beautiful and immersive but you start to see budget issues, unit models in cutscene are replaced by ingame units, there are a couple of texture glitches in the cutscene product. finally although well executed the game engine replaces the real cinematics
the epilogue is controversial personally I liked it does not present the answer to what we read in the manual but the scale is magnified, it shows us that it is the void and we do not introduce in a hostile environment the cut scenes are good, but the budget here is more noticed.
We do not move away from the immersive mechanics in capitals ship, with the there are no more evolution pit or war council s and finally the end of the saga is a cutecene and emotional but not epic cinematic, remember the epic is part of important of the starcraft story when they not playing a sad violin.
Nova Campaing is a clean product that does not complicateself a feast for nostalgic and serious story lovers without bizarre characters but the conflict is small adding at least a good analogy between Nova and Davis, and the idea of ​​the pacifist leader, judged weak. Ironically, this small product at the immersion level is better than the epilogue, although cheaper than the main campaigns, it achieves the objective of giving context with selection screens.

LoV
WoL
HoS
Epilogue
Nova

why Zagara revives? and abathur revives an ultralisk?, well we have the god’s word, also in cut material zagara is murdered multiple times by Kerrigan to test her evolutions but they cut it so as not to make her look like a sadic and essence of kerrigan,in hatchery

I don’t get why people think Zerg are gonna lose an ability they previously had. That’s just not what they do. They have the genetics for resurrection and it was even repurposed for an ultralisk.

(Insert Retloclive hasn’t been seen in forever here.)

I only played two of the campaigns, but WoL was easily better than HotS. WoL was a bad story that at least had some difficulty. HotS was a garbage story with no difficulty whatsoever aside from maybe the cacoon defense mission. Also, HotS is best Juxtapose? …Really? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

RC is back, RC is back.

I started to play MTG Arena.

1 Like

Is it wrong of me to say that I actually agree with this one statement? I mean screw difficulty! I like Bloodborne (and some Dark Soul) and Sekiro for its difficulty, but not every game and certainly not every mission has to be such an arduous task to get through…