Balance suggestion - Terran buff

i have no problem with fixing Terran Vs Protoss.
just like i have no problem with fixing Zerg vs Protoss. i think both matchups needs to be fixed. what i don’t want, is making changes to Terran or Zerg that affect a balanced matchup, and frankly guess what?

all these changes impact TvZ and that is why i am against those changes.

1 Like

the widow mine change is a huge nerf to Terran in TvZ. I considered it In the change. I feel like widow mines killing 30+ lings/banes are incredibly unfair and frustrating for zerg. They add unneeded and unskillful RNG to an otherwise good MU. But Terran would need some buffs to compensate.

this happens so rarely that it isn’t much of a change, and those units that are hit are guaranteed to die instead of just maybe die.

what is marines damage at +3 upgrades if at +2 upgrades they get +3?

It means the second attack upgrade gives one more damage. So they will deal 9 damage instead of 8 with the second attack upgrade.

Widow mines are fine for Zerg to deal with you just split.

Just check Zerg pros In tvz and look how they split vs widow mines. That’s the reason Terran pros don’t go to much widow mines.

TvP was a horrible match up in hots. You guys sound pretty clueless.

Its funny,

You people should go back to play on hots if you like that so much,

But remember, Warp gate wasn’t nerfed yet.

All you are saying is that Protoss needs to be weaker, and how they got better through the lotv changes, yet you fail to mention the nerfs Protoss received.

Colossus was nerfed
Warpgate was nerfed
Immortal was nerfed
Forcefield was nerfed

It’s not nearly enough tho

It may have been a bad match up then as well. But, you want to know what. I didnt make a single PvT thread back then. And for what it is worth at least the match up felt fun and you could go into a marcro game.

Dont forget that terran had heat seeker missle and at one point ravens healed mech units.And had DPP. Those things were fun to play with. And they were extremely usefull. The Raven now is crap. A shell of its former self.

The Raven is like seeing a 35 year old fighter trying to go for the championship one more time. Everyone knows that the fighter lost a step or 2 or 3 but they still cheer them on. If he loses they hope they retire and walk away in the sunset.

1 Like

Indeed PvT needs some rework.

Ghosts are way too hard of a lockdown for the insane amount of allrounder and high impact units T has with mines/tanks/MMM while having instant initiative and more dynamic gameplay as T at the same time.
There is absolutely no decision making here if you want to snap out a few casters or some core units, EMPs just hit whole armies and snap 50% of the army HP off instantly, while toss has less dmg and a complete caster lockdown on top of that.
Even prism stormdrop is close to impossible cause you can’t pull it off with proper agressive army movement of bio.

Imagine the amount of flame that terrans would have here in the forum if they would have to ghostdrop with medivacs or beeing useless as a caster.
Even that is a better mechanic cause you have instant impact that you can’t micro against.
It’s deleting the only micro potential toss has completely in stacked armies, which is caster micro.

Zealots need their impact damage back desperatly, there is absolutely negative scaling in gateway units rn and everything is around colossus/storms which is super easy to lockdown, while already beeing the lower DPS units compared to any other unitlayout ingame (with that I mean zealot/stalker/sentry).

From there we can discuss if shield battery needs to be deleted then cause of more stability with zealots.

1 Like

What?? No…going into a macro game is MUCH more feasible now against toss, with things like liberators and better BCs, bigger emp and nerfed collosi. Late game hots TVP was nearly impossible. In my view there is no argument. TVP is easier now than it was then.

What i would recommend for balance:

Terran: Ability for Raven to take a stationary form that grants +3 vision radius and self-cloak, when this form is in use, no abilities are active. Reduce the pixel(shadow) size of Thor unit so it doesn’t need three land squares to pass obstructions. 2nd suggestion for Thor; reduce ground to ground attack dmg by 5, add an upgrade at the Armory to add +3 ground to ground dmg and add +1 movement speed within a single upgrade. Boost Cyclone maximum hit points a tad (like +10) or reduce the gas cost some. Upon spawn increase starting energy of ghosts by 25, or grant it through an upgrade.

Protoss: Increase striking range of Adept by one. Increase striking range of psionic storm by one. Upon spawn increase starting energy of high templar by 25, or grant it through an upgrade. For the Sentry; movement speed could be boosted just a hair higher. 2nd suggestion for the Sentry; increase the active duration of guardian shield to 14 seconds.

Zerg: Reduce required time of evolving a hydralisk den into a lurker den, say to 70% of what it currently takes now. Reduce Lair and Hive structural evolution time somewhere in the range of 5 to 10 seconds faster, BUT increase the spawning time of zerg satellite tech structures by 5 seconds. Have the Baneling dmg output be based upon it’s life % at the time it deals damage. So a Baneling with 100% of it’s hit points does 100% dmg and a damaged Baneling deals proportionally less damage corresponding to how much hit points they collide with.

Well would you look at that, not a single Terran buff in the new balance patch - OldWhovian

Not a bad idea, basically observer mode.

Thors only need 2 squares AFAIK, they’re fine where they are

You don’t build thors to deal with ground units (usually) they also should be slow and clunky (even though I hate it) because of their anti-air strength.

Cyclone is fine where it is, it’s a very potent early game unit that requires micro and falls off later in the game. More HP might tip the balance a little too much and make it OP

Just another terran player’s opinion on these suggestions.