Are There Seriously No New Maps For 2021 Season 1?

I like how all the maps have like 10-15 destructible rocks too all with 2,000 HP and 3 Armor, but at this point I would take any new maps lol.

Really disappointing counting down days for the next season to start to see the exact same map pool, putting old maps on a cycle would be better than nothing… probably too much effort for them to maintain what is arguably the best RTS in the world… R.I.P Sc2

4 Likes

I was excited to push M2 -> M1 this season, now I have no interest lol. Bronze players are in Masters league right now because the mmr system is all messed up, and without any new maps, what’s the point in playing tbh? The new maps are what make the ladder interesting lol.

EDIT: Plus, a lot of the maps are garbage for Zerg because of all the destructible rocks, single pathway attack angles, and even mineral walls lol, was hoping for at least one cool Zerg map, but nope… too much to ask from a multi-billion dollar video game development company. :joy:

1 Like

Yeah one guy PMed me about getting master despite not being close to it. Just ran one random 1v1 game and got placed right into it. Basically a free master border for the season. I can’t even trust season finishes at this point to determine a player’s relative skill level. By 2022, it’s going to be impossible to identify the skill of a player.

2 Likes

I think there are no new maps since changing the map pool now before IEM Katowice is a little bit unreasonable for pro players. That being said there is no reason for Blizzard to keep silent and not communicate the state of the new maps on a post or something.

2 Likes

What is so hard about switching one string out to connect a map in the ladder pool? This is not hard computer science technology. Blizzard is getting lazy. Same with balance patches. If you can easily modify values in a map editor, you can easily modify values on the ladder board through dev admin access dashboards.

Please add in some new maps at least.

8 Likes

They dont communicate. They just censor and ban people now.

2 Likes

i am seriously appalled with this, that is like half the hype of a new season, NEW MAPS. if there’s no new maps there’s no reason to keep playing, i just playing 800 games on those maps… sigh, i didn’t think that post meant the end of EVERYTHING sc2 but it truly did, i didn’t want to believe it. here it is.

3 Likes

We even got the big mans here calling out the Lizzard

2 Likes

That’s really really sad.

2 Likes

I would be fine with playing on older maps like let the people vote on what maps go into the map pool atleast! some of these maps are AWFUL to play on and many people (like myself) eagerly wait for the new map pool.

4 Likes

This is an excellent idea. Even if blizzard doesn’t have the time to review maps for their perfect symmetry and design for stale meta gameplay. Bringing in older maps would do the job well too.

1 Like

can we c stepping wars back???

1 Like

According to several sources (a french site also relayed this), the maintenance of Blizzard’s classic games has gone to Vicarious Visions. it’s possible the transition period just took place around the seasons change, explaining why no map pool was performed nor announced.

Today is the day I first read someone wanting to declare the game dead. Oh wait… :thinking:

1 Like

And by the time Vicious Studios learn the ropes it be daed gaem, expect forum level of balans ideas

2 Likes

Is already, quite genuinely, a ded gaem.

3 Likes

Oh I wish. The chat is disgraceful. They have crazy right wingers bashing everyone else. Its insane and has nothing to do with SC2.

1 Like

They dont even have a map team. A select group of players have been making the maps for blizzard since mid wings of Liberty unpaid.

2 Likes

Talk to the CEO of racism

Isn’t this because IEM Katowice is coming up and they don’t want to change the map pool right before?