Are there only moderators left on this forum section?

We will get moderated if rules aren’t respected, but I mean, that’s not even my point. Where is the actual staff, giving some signs of life? Bug fixing seems to have ended last year.

Just thought I point out at the start that this seems to be more relevant in the ‘General Discussion’ forums rather than here.

================================================================================

I don’t think bug fixing has ended. It has just shifted in priority due to the massive reduction in manpower. When it comes to debugging, it is a never ending process. So there is some form of triage system which sorts different bugs into different priority levels to fix.

The only issue is that their current level definitions don’t match the consumers’ levels in terms of urgency / importance.

As for this part, I believe there are 2 groups (or 1 group + 1 pax, depending on how you see it).

There is a team that looks through the Technical forums and attempt to address some of the issues reported.

• The issue with this is that many people do not report their issues in a format that will make troubleshooting easier.
  • Though to be fair, perhaps a proper format in which people can utilise will definitely go a long way to simplify things between the technically trained and those who are not.

Then there is a community manager who ‘patrols’ the rest of the forums, and has been rather active in helping people solve some in game issues (and even assisting in bug reporting).

I guess the key question here is:

“What kind of “life” are you expecting them to show?”

If you meant getting involved in the community, then it leads to a more important question of:

“Have you actually seen the quality of the discussions that the forums have?”

================================================================================

I can easily group most of the discussion types into a few categories:

• Mudslinging - People who put others down in any way they can think of just to boost their ego.
    • I have actually seen a thread where someone was genuinely asking about how to screenshot his league promotion, and have someone else slap him saying, “Diamond promotion is useless, why bother?”
  • Stats Hoarding - People who create multiple accounts to get more likes or replies to their posts.
    • Which I honestly have no idea to what purpose since it is of no value (even more worthless than Reddit stats).
  • Attention Seeking - Similar to the above, just that they keep creating multiple similar posts and arguments in hopes that they can sway general impression that a lot of people have similar views.
  • Whining - Those who just insist that the game should only be played their way and no other way. Therefore, their posts are always about how the game should be changed, race should be nerfed / buffed, units should be adjusted, etc. It is always a problem with everything else but them.

And these topics easily take up 90% of the threads that are created.

With this kind of quality of discussion, we cannot help but wonder how would anyone expect a paid employee to be involved in such useless discussions.

Hey Rem,

The Bug Report forum has never been a two-way point of contact with Bliz. It’s purpose simply a repository for reports for QA to investigate. Bliz tends to only respond if they need more information on a report.

As for bug fixing, it’s hard to tell what Bliz’s plan is now that SC2’s development has come to an end. However, the last big patch was less than three months ago, and there was a smaller patch less than 2 months ago. There are issues being investigated even now so that’s a pretty good sign that they are still planning on fixing bugs.

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback.

I’m totally fine with them stopping to work on the development, even if I must admit that gives me some nostalgy. That being said, I wish them to know and acknowledge that the SC2 Mapster Community (the most dedicated community on fan made developement, counting a numerous amount of map making veterans) really work hard on making their own content, which could ease the tasks about the content, and have the staff to work rather on fixing what is broken, and by that I’m not talking about balance, I’m talking about problematic tested bugs.

That being said, the reason why I chose to post in this section rather than the General Forums was because I needed to point out the huge necessity of investigating the Editor’s bugs, as this is big lockdown for its customers who only wish to bring more content on their own. It is a rather more “objective” intervention, perhaps more than a “subjective” one when it’s question of game balance, which is subject to diverse opinions. If I can get things to move on, I’ll take the chance.

I’ll also specify that to me, any form of better interaction could benifit some features that the player base had absolutly no chance to grasp. For example, since patch 5.0.0, they’ve put a behavior state flag “Ultravision” which they never documented. Yet this could be resolved with a simple Q and Answer, assuming that a lot of other content could be explored as well. In due respect, could we request information, and bug fixing, which is something that they have got right now, unlike balance/ new features which requires them to investigate further. I speak on behalf of being the second best contributor of the Sc2 Mapster Wiki which contains a massive reserve of information on the editor, mostly things that I tested.

Thank you for reading.