Are the current Zealot actually broken?

Either you are a fool or intentionally lying.
Both the Zergling and the Marine are more heavily affected by armor than Zealots, because they hit for less damage with each attack:

• 1 armor against Marines is a 16.6666% loss in DPS.
  • 1 armor against Zerglings is a 20% loss in DPS.
  • 1 armor against Zealots is a 12.5% loss in DPS.
5 Likes

are you forgetting the attack speed differences?
and marines and lings are cheaper,match them supply wise and check the dps again

4 Likes

Do you really think zealots are stronger than lings? Even without the whole lings turn to banes thing, lings are just so fast and high dps, and per cost/supply they have almost the same hp as zealots.

Also, my turn to joke, obviously marines are the best core unit because they are the only one that is used in both early and midgame in their mirror.

3 Likes

You said armour, not dps. Armour doesn’t care about per supply or attack speed, that is just flat out the % of damage lost to armour, period.

2 Likes

I would say they are broken in design not in damage. Since chargelot are the best and only option from me it is a broken unit. So new concept with adepts should bring more utility.

1 Like

It’s not that simple. When one considers the fighting potential of a unit, has also to take into account the DPS-loss due to overkill (among other things).
What is the marine-overkill potential?

1 Like

I wish they would reach out to me and even work with me. I would love to talk with them about SC2 and take SC2 to the next level by improving viability of so many things.

In my mod Better Game Balance I was able to do the following with limited hyper-focused changes:

Viable TvP Mech
Viable ZvT Lurkers
Viable ZvP Ultralisk
Viable PvZ and PvP Colossus
Mid-late game Adept utility
Mid-late game Reapers (WIP)

I was successfully able to make different things viable without making them OP in the other match ups. The changes even work with and complement the current and upcoming changes.

The upcoming balance changes the Balance Team is doing are overall great. But they shouldn’t do the Observer nerfs or the 1 second delay TJ nerf since both are completely unnecessary and don’t make sense when you consider what else is being buffed in the same patch.

I wouldn’t randomly nerf Observers in the same patch Ravens, Infestors and Lurkers are getting buffs.

I wouldn’t give BC’s a 1s stun in the same patch Thors, Vikings, Ravens and Infestors, Voidrays and Tempest are getting buffs.

1 Like

The attack speed differences are irrelevant to your claim.

You claimed that the Zealot is more heavily affected by armor than any other T1 unit–specifically, that it stops working when the enemy units have armor). That claim is simply false.

Armor affects a unit’s damage based on the flat burst damage dealt with each attack.

I was countering a specific false claim: That the “Zealot is the only T1 unit which fails hard against enemies with armor.”.

DPS loss from overkill, attack speed, etc are non-factors in that discussion.

2 Likes

LOL, all those units (except Infestor) are terran units. It’s getting funnier and funnier: first you buff one terran unit, then you buff 5 other terran units lto counter the first…
MoronTeam (that you want to be one of them) forgot that SC2 has 3 Races and not just terrans!

1 Like

You clearly didn’t see the rest of the post. Read again.

Uh… well… I mean…

2 Likes

More overall HP…

Ah sure, for a guy with cranial-fracture, broken neck and open aorta: having one less broken-rib makes a whole world of a difference…

3 Likes

Those are very specific injuries.

Each of them is fatal in itself …

Zealots are good units, and easily the worst out of the three basic units, sorry i disagree entirely with your post.

1 Like

True, not a lot though. I think it will matter mostly against marine and Vikings. Vikings are getting a much bigger buff, plus tempest range nerf, but the durability against marine is nice.

Yes, zealots are currently too steong and every terran will tell you that. Its not debateable. You press A move on them and never have to look again and if the other person doesnt spend all their apm kiting them, they destroy everything

2 Likes

Which part? They have less micro potential and less micro requirement than a marine?

Saying they might be the best unit in the game is, well, wrong. That’s the Infestor. Not been a unit this over-powered since… The Infestor…

2 Likes

I get it: It’s not debatable because…every terran says so. And because terrans say so, it must be the truth, nothing but the truth.

2 Likes