Archon got removed and no one noticed?

WE WANT ARCHON GAME MODE BACK!

Please blizzard I don’t care about the deleted stats, just bring archon mode back to ladder.

3 Likes

I would also very much like to see archon mode back. Not that I expect much from a company as honestly despicable as Activision Blizzard. Hopefully Frost Giant will eventually save the day. Til then, I guess I’ll be moving across to AoE2 or something.

1 Like

I have been playing archon with my friend on and off for 2 years. And i have never, ever, had to wait more than 10 minutes for a game. Maybe thats a problem for when you are queing up because both on the european and Us servers iv hade noe issues.

I want the mode back :frowning:

1 Like

Why tf do you care that they removed something you obviously don’t care about? We care about it. We played it. It’s not all about you.

Edit: just checked your profile looks like you don’t play ranked. Wtf are you complaining about if you don’t even play the game???

Bumping again: Blizzard! WHY HAVE YOU NOT RESPONDED???

BRING BACK ARCHON MODE!

2 Likes
2 Likes

Wow quick response by Blizzard

66% of the playerbase is upset about balance and post constantly about it
Blizzard: I Sleep
the 42 people that still played archon mode get upset it was silently removed
Blizzard: Understandable, have a great day

2 Likes

Yea, they prioritize stuff that almost nobody cares honestly.

2 Likes

so this a bug? lol. did they fix the free master league or some archon mode no1 plays is higher priority? Next bug: cancel wcs finals because the bnet menu disappeared

I hope that Blizzard restores Archon ladder. I enjoyed playing it with my friends, especially my friends who are new (or haven’t played in a long time). I could perform the macro (and emergency cannon rush defense), and they could control the army, learn to use the units, and figure out unit interactions.

2 Likes

Hey! Where did they comment this? Thanks for posting the update!

Most of the playerbase does not play ranked/competitive games,and the people who post are the minority and here in the forums most of the accounts are from the same ten persons at most.

Far, FAR more people play 1v1 than Archon.

1 Like

Yes thats easy to say considering almost no one played archon, but there are other main non competitive modes campaign,coop,customs/arcade.

Archon is just a weird thing that seems to be competitive but it isn’t at all,but in essence it would be considered as one of the competitive modes.

Can they bring back archon and give players who are 1v1ing an option handicap mode on ladder where a player can 1v2?? Would be cool to see parting demolish an archon team

They can add ladder point adjustments.

if the single player loses, they only lose half the points. But if they win they get double? Idk something like that

This could also reduce queue times

Thoughts?

I would think more people care about master league bug (which is now probably unfixable because it has been like this for several seasons and the incorrect master placement & achievements is permanently in the affected players history).

Archon mode does still exist afaik in custom melee, just not in a ranked ladder (where you had to wait 30 minutes to get a game anyway)
And Archon GM makes no sense

2 Likes

you’re totally right, if some don’t enjoy it, they needn’t play it. others might enjoy it still and there’s nothing wrong with that!

Devs just dont support StarCraft anymore.

A total Archon re-design mode would be great. One for builders and one for army commanders.

It was incredibly hard to find a queue and even harder to get a good match; but archon mode can be quite fun if your teammate is around your skill level and an actual friend. If you really understand 1v1 it can be rather fascinating and enjoyable, especially with high-apm styles like mass reaper, 2-1-1, disruptor drops and multi warp prism play, creep spread for zerg lol (zerg is kinda tough but anything with multiple drop ovis works). These are just some basic examples. I enjoyed the mode since it doesnt have a single unit best in slot for each races like all team games do. for example, pheonix, ling openers, and mech. Sorry kids im saying it

17:55 you’re famous congrats