Anyone hype for Astrea? (SPOILERS)

Already saw him take out Innovation and Parting today in War Chest Team League Today. I legit think he is better than Neeb now. Possibly better than Showtime and possibly the best foreign Protoss right now (a dubious honor). He had some really cool games in GSL even though he didnt get too far. Although I dont expect him to get deep in any tournaments, I am excited to see his play style more. He isnt always winning but usually entertaining.

He is a raising star but we have to wait at least an extra 6 months-1 year before declaring him better than Neeb/Showtime. Yes, his play is impressive, if he continues like this (with the current acceleration) soon he will be in that place.

Yea I agree, beating maru, inno, and parting all in one day is pretty damn impressive, as were his games vs dark in gsl. Honestly his play reminds me a lot of huk: precise control, decisive engagements, and constant counter aggression. I would rate him even above neeb and showtime atm.

A player like Astrea who is miles inferior to Maru and Innovation should never be able to take them out like that. Just proof to show how Protoss is so much easier to play and feels like a breeze to beat any good Terran.

2 Likes

Yup. When Stats and showtime retired, he would become the new protoss star. Well…Sometimes I watch e-sports too. Just sometimes.

I prefer to help Blizz think about some constructive and innovative questions. Because I’m interested in it. This is an international forum and I can connect to the website directly. So I have to obey the laws on both sides. I’m going to study the laws of the state where Blizz is located.
If something I say turns you off, you can just tell me. I may offend some players’ beliefs but I didn’t mean to. Like the Lancet and the Banker.
I’m reading some laws about Internet communications.

Astrea s team league wins don’t mean much. He has server advantage against koreans

???

Astrea plays in Korea. He is roommates with Scarlett.

Either way though… going 3-0 today against Inno, Parting, and Maru? That is still a pretty good haul, but especially for an unsung player like Astrea.

I will admit, he got lucky in all 3 of the games but ESPECIALLY the Maru game. Which he still almost threw. But he kind of makes his own luck. He takes big risks but he has good micro too. His macro is a bit off at times and sometimes he is too bull headed (kept trying to force blink stalkers against maru after he saw 2 tanks and lots of bio) but that keeps his situational awareness high. Even Nathanius commented just how good his map vision was. That was some Stats level map vision.

Also, he is definitely better than Neeb. Neeb lost to friggin Supernova today. It was a bit of a fluke but still.

Astrea is a promising player, but when you look at it, he still has zero premier tournament wins, finished last in his GSL group (losing to Impact wow…) also lost to Neeb in the NA DH Master so, no, he’s not better than Neeb… and finished last place and his seasons finals as well with a 0-4 very disappointing score. Yes, he just won 3 MAPS against good players… he had a good day… personally that doesn’t offset his Code S, DH Masters and Season finals disappointments. He shows potential, but that’s what it is… potential.

1 Like

Astrea is currently in the US. He played all those games from the US

I’m a huge fan of Astrea, since he’s an american , ever since he was the only protoss pro in the world beating korean zerg infestor/bl deathballs in 2019 i knew he’s legit

He’s not better than neeb yet tho, imo

1 Like

Oh my bad then. I dont follow his stream or anything. Is he going back? I hope so

He is extremely promising but takes too many risks in my opinion. He’s a real gambler

To my knowledge he will be going back to Korea

According to one of the Ogaming casters he indeed wasn’t in Korea during the Warchest team league. I don’t wanna reduce his performances hough, but though definitely hinting some potential, we shouldn’t base ourselves on plays vs Koreans during international tournaments. It’s like in NationWars, due to lag and to time difference with KST you can’t consider the GSL players (such as Parting) play at their best during those competitions.

Yet, it’s not the first time his name comes in in the front scene. So, who knows what he’ll be in the future ? :thinking:

For those that were saying Astrea isnt currently better than Neeb: Watching the SC2 warchest day 6 today, ZG and Rotti mentioned that Neeb has ZERO wins in this tournament. They kept saying that he has a 7k MMR European server account and that it all has to be a fluke but still… that is a lot of games to go winless especially when you compare it to Astrea’s results.

Also, that makes sense for Astrea going back to the US. I was watching Tasteless pod cast with Special and Special was talking about all the visa issues due to Coronavirus. Only Scarlett and Special I think are left. No regret cant go back even though he is still renting an apartment in Seoul.

Neeb hasn’t perfomed in some time to be honest. Current form is important for e-sports results. The Bo1 format also isn’t suited to give a good idea of one’s performance.

Though this will be infrequent enough to be noticed, I would agree with Velitey : maybe Astrea has top P potential underneath, but it’s only through ESL/GSL tournaments results that he’ll be able to prove it.

It makes sense indeed. He got corona-zoned. ^^

1 Like